Phuket Opinion: Phuket, land of the brave

webfact

1625338355_1-org.jpg

Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha applauds a presentation at Central Phuket during his visit to Phuket on Thursday (July 1). Photo: PR Phuket

By The Phuket News

PHUKET: Prime Minister Prayut Chan-ocha’s visit to Phuket on Thursday might have irked more than a few people, but few could argue against what he said during his tour of the island. Beyond all the gush, a couple of pertinent sentences hit the mark.

Phuket should be proud of its role in reopening the country to tourism, and as the prime minister openly recognised, it is a risk. The chances that Phuket will be exposed to some carrier bringing a version of the virus to the island are high, it is what we do about it that counts.

As indicated by Phuket Governor Narong Woonciew yesterday suspending the option of domestic visitors being able to quarantine on the island, instead of proving they are vaccinated or tested negative for COVID in the 72 hours before coming here, officials are now recognising that the risk includes people inside the country as well as those arriving from abroad.

Full story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-opinion-phuket-land-of-the-brave-80555.php

asean_now_BB.jpg
-- © Copyright ASEAN NOW 2021-07-05

Apart from a couple of pics of some people from Israel, I haven't seen anything that proves Phuket:

"should be proud of its role"

If anyone who lives in Phuket can post some proof otherwise, I'd be happy to....no, I can't say it, coz it wouldn't be very nice.555!

*Emojis not fixed emoji*

• Like 1

2 hours ago, webfact said:

Phuket should be proud of its role in reopening the country to tourism, and as the prime minister openly recognised, it is a risk. The chances that Phuket will be exposed to some carrier bringing a version of the virus to the island are high, it is what we do about it that counts.

I wonder how much of an opinion the normal person in the street had in this say ...........!!!

Poor old Junceylon .... neglected closed down almost, empty, forgotten for the flashy (side-kickback) Central mob. Could have held a total junket media fest in the atrium ground floor with all the adoring fans stacked around the railings on the floors above cheering and throwing petals down on My Prayut. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Inala said:

Two watches plus a bloody great big fat gold ring. Totally insensitive and out of touch with the suffering masses, these sorts of people can't help themselves I'm afraid.  

Well, you want to keep up with the Joneses, won't you.......

His "underling" running the defense desk was so lucky to inherit 22 top-of-the-line watch exclusivities, worth millions of Baht; regretfully the top banana has to deal with two plastic versions of the cheaper kind, how sad ???? 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

Does he really need to wear 2 watches at the same time ? 

1625338355_1-org.jpg

One is on 21 century time, and one is on some golden past fantasy time where eveyone was content to get by on a few satang a week, nobody questioned their "betters" and everybody dressed like a panto version of Yul Brunner. Surprised he didnt show up in his usual retro kit!

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

1625338355_1-org.jpg

10 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

1625338355_1-org.jpg

One is a mandatory tracking device.........????

19 hours ago, irishman25 said:

So I go all the way to  Phuket 35 t0 40 hrs flight.time. with 7. documents to prove all.  I have been vaccinated and have 4, covid test;s done Now can they  said they is no way i can get the virus from someone in Phuket after all the test and rules I completed.  the way i see it you are more in danger of getting the virus there. so much for my safety. i see it as you are taken a great RISK.         

I spoke too soon Now the Prime Minister contacted covid -19 at the airport. A nice welcoming for the tourist arriving how many of them may have been infected. my Questions is who is protecting the Tourist in Phuket?from been INFECTED   

On 7/5/2021 at 4:10 AM, irishman25 said:

So I go all the way to  Phuket 35 t0 40 hrs flight.time. with 7. documents to prove all.  I have been vaccinated and have 4, covid test;s done Now can they  said they is no way i can get the virus from someone in Phuket after all the test and rules I completed.  the way i see it you are more in danger of getting the virus there. so much for my safety. i see it as you are taken a great RISK.         

You hit it on the head. No doubt those with reservations to come are following this news as well and will come to the same obvious conclusion you did.

Let the cancellations begin!

Not a risk at all. Fully vaccinated tourists, jabbed with the good vaccines, and tested on multiple occasions.

So, who is at risk? The foreigners are, by being exposed to the Thais. So, why are they being subjected to any restrictions at all? 

• Like 1