Embassies worldwide have received nearly 8,000 requests for CoE for Phuket Sandbox

webfact

6 hours ago, Guderian said:

So the number dropping by 70% in just three days displays "great interest", does it?

Dream on!

More than that they cannot handle anyhow. System overload !

hopefully this trial reopening will show that if you put up unreasonable and burdensome entry re quirements the arrival numbers wil not be high. entry requirements should be based on common sense and not a way to make money

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Rhacsyn said:

First you apply for COE registration using passport, visa (if any) and insurance letter copies. No need flight or hotel booking at this stage. When pre approval is received you then have 14 days to book your flights and accommodation etc and apply for final COE release.

My COE registration online in Dubai was approved within one full working day (29th June). i then confirmed hotel, flights and pre payment for the Covid tests (done by hotel). submitted documents and received my COE within 6 hours. I flew to Phuket on 2nd July.

Meanwhile, today 7 days since I applied for COE registration using passport, vaccination certificate and insurance letter.

Still waiting but no answer yet.

2 hours ago, superal said:

How exactly does the Hotel / Covid test happen ? Are the Covid tests prepaid by the hotel and then highlighted in the hotel receipt ?   It would be helpful if you could tell us what the hotel charged for the tests , what hotel and is it any good ?

Hotel charges 8000 bahts for 3 PCR tests.

You also need to pay in advance transfer from airport to hotel (800 bahts in my hotel in Patong).

Once you pay everything, hotel will email you a code for applying for COE. 

Edited by Espanol
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

If I was TAT, I'd be sponsoring some digital nomads to publish some videos of happy tourists frolicking in Phuket.

Maybe a romance with a pasty ginger English dude falling in love with a gorgeous local...  Or are the Brits allowed in now that they're a red zone?

Videos from a few interweb influencers could make the Phuket Sandbox go viral.  In a good way.

Edit:  In fact, someone at TAT should be fired if they didn't already have a few dozen already produced, ready to hit the upload button starting on July 2.

Edited by impulse
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, webfact said:

Consular department chief Chatchai Wiriyawechkul said that the foreign ministry issued Certificates of Entry for 3rd July numbering 446, for 4th July 462 and for today 127.

That should get the country back up on it's feet.

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Rhacsyn said:

First you apply for COE registration using passport, visa (if any) and insurance letter copies. No need flight or hotel booking at this stage. When pre approval is received you then have 14 days to book your flights and accommodation etc and apply for final COE release.

My COE registration online in Dubai was approved within one full working day (29th June). i then confirmed hotel, flights and pre payment for the Covid tests (done by hotel). submitted documents and received my COE within 6 hours. I flew to Phuket on 2nd July.

Are you a "tourist"?

• Like 1