What Can I Expect from the Friendship Store?

D M G

16 minutes ago, actonion said:

Watch out for the mold

Long time since I've bought a big brick but never seen mould on one. Usually now it's smaller pieces of Gouda or Edam and no I've never had a problem with them either. 

22 hours ago, fredscats said:

They do good clear outs of wine,1.99 a bottle Shiraz/Merlot,bought 20 bottles of the stuff

How long ago was this?.......Wine sales have almost died in the last 3-4 years......I use to pick up 2 liter bottles of good (lower end) red wine for 325-350 baht for a long time before all the tax increases....

Edited by redwood1

22 hours ago, rott said:

Long time since I've bought a big brick but never seen mould on one. Usually now it's smaller pieces of Gouda or Edam and no I've never had a problem with them either. 

This was Cheddar 

Great shop. Good location. Charming parking. Nice decor. Near Tuc com and nearby temple for parking. Great gift and stationery store upstairs. Some organice meat. good bread and salad bar , coffee beans roaster, convenient for SB and second hand Market. near coffee bars and Nice restaurants. near central banks. Not cheap not dear.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, redwood1 said:

How long ago was this?.......Wine sales have almost died in the last 3-4 years......I use to pick up 2 liter bottles of good (lower end) red wine for 325-350 baht for a long time before all the tax increases....

about 2 months ago,think corkage reduced the price,found it in one bottle,but still drinkable superb wine

2 hours ago, mikebell said:

As an (ex-)English teacher I must comment on upstairs.

Stationery with an E = writing materials. 

Stationary with a 2nd A = not moving (a bit like the assistants downstairs.)

However, the last time I checked (as an ex-military member) the "stationery" store upstairs is also "stationary". 
As I'm pretty sure it hasn't moved even once since it was built. (Though it may have had a shimmy and a shake once in awhile.)

As for the staff downstairs, I haven't observed them often enough to determine if they are "stationary" or merely carboard cut-outs designed to give the impression of having more staff on the floor.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, tlandtday said:

You can expect a store with grumpy frowning cashiers possibly a reflection of the management or ownership. 

Exactly. If they're stationary or resemble cardboard cutouts or they look upon customers as some physical disturbance that must be discouraged from asking a question and then booted out the door as swiftly as possible so they can resume their mindless chitchat, look to unsympathetic, high-pressure, punishing managers as the cause of an utter lack of customer engagement. There are no rewards for enhancing good customer experience. I believe the store is Thai-Chinese. 

Edited by Kaoboi Bebobp

On 7/7/2021 at 8:36 PM, rott said:

Anchor Cheddar 840 for 2 kilos, similar to Makro.? 

No. Anchor Cheddar (1.94) kg for 630 B.

Cheapest (no name) for 580 B.

Edited by KhunBENQ

3 hours ago, Kaoboi Bebobp said:

Exactly. If they're stationary or resemble cardboard cutouts or they look upon customers as some physical disturbance that must be discouraged from asking a question and then booted out the door as swiftly as possible so they can resume their mindless chitchat, look to unsympathetic, high-pressure, punishing managers as the cause of an utter lack of customer engagement. There are no rewards for enhancing good customer experience. I believe the store is Thai-Chinese. 

What do you want a back and foot rub at the checkout?

• Haha 1

On 7/12/2021 at 12:58 PM, Kaoboi Bebobp said:

Exactly. If they're stationary or resemble cardboard cutouts or they look upon customers as some physical disturbance that must be discouraged from asking a question and then booted out the door as swiftly as possible so they can resume their mindless chitchat, look to unsympathetic, high-pressure, punishing managers as the cause of an utter lack of customer engagement. There are no rewards for enhancing good customer experience. I believe the store is Thai-Chinese

Hence the lack of customer engagement.

'Back in the day' they used to be good for meats and breads. Not been there in a long time though.

• Like 1