Twenty percent of donated Pfizer vaccines from US must go to foreigners living in Thailand, says CCSA general

webfact

On 7/7/2021 at 4:04 PM, DonaldBattles said:

It remains to be seen what kind of sneaky decisions will be made in distribution of the free USA vaccine. As for the 20% foreigners I think they will be last in line. Then, oh, we ran out, sorry about that. Notice Thailand has not made any public statements on what their plans are. It seems reasonable that American living in Thailand might get a jab. Wait and see if we are last or if it happens.

The US imports 36 Billion dollars worth of Thailand goods every year. 

Thailand will not want to take a chance of the US imposing economic sanctions for not following the rules set out by the U.S. government on vaccine distribution.

At least that is my hope.

Peace

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, Mike k said:

This is a little off topic but how do you contact the US embassy I checked the website and found a phone number and fax number also a link for emergencies but no email address 

This email address was provided by the US embassy in their recent letter:  [email protected]

I hope you'll have better luck with it.  I emailed it with an important question two weeks ago, and received no response at all.  Resent the email again one week ago, still no response. 

If anyone else has a better email or way to communicate with the US embassy, please post it.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Misty said:

This email address was provided by the US embassy in their recent letter:  [email protected]

I hope you'll have better luck with it.  I emailed it with an important question two weeks ago, and received no response at all.  Resent the email again one week ago, still no response. 

If anyone else has a better email or way to communicate with the US embassy, please post it.

I believe in the notification I received that they promised really, really hard to have someone read your letter, not reply to it. If that person can actually understand English isn't important, as long as their eyes scan it, then the promise is kept. SOP State Department.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Misty said:

Someone posted on another thread that in response to their contacting the U.S. Consulate and Embassy, they "amazingly had phone calls from both the Acting Ambassador and Consul General." I thought that was rather special so I asked whether these high-ranking officials mentioned anything regarding the incoming Pfizer donation. For some reason my question seemed to have raised that poster's BP all the way up!

3 minutes ago, watthong said:

Someone posted on another thread that in response to their contacting the U.S. Consulate and Embassy, they "amazingly had phone calls from both the Acting Ambassador and Consul General." I thought that was rather special so I asked whether these high-ranking officials mentioned anything regarding the incoming Pfizer donation. For some reason my question seemed to have raised that poster's BP all the way up!

Interesting.  I haven't even received a form letter response, unfortunately.  Crickets.

3 minutes ago, Misty said:

Interesting.  I haven't even received a form letter response, unfortunately.  Crickets.

Quite surprising as well, though that poster is a rather prominent member on this forum so I didn't doubt that they were bragging - or maybe they were?

11 minutes ago, watthong said:

Quite surprising as well, though that poster is a rather prominent member on this forum so I didn't doubt that they were bragging - or maybe they were?

To the "Prominent member," could you share how you were able to get a response from the US embassy?

On 7/8/2021 at 6:07 AM, BobinBKK said:

Yes we can all fly back home where Thai nationals didn't have to wait or be put at the back of the line.

That's absolutely true. Thais are not treating foreigners as we do in our countries. We help them to integrate, but here we are separated and if possible dumped after they got our money. We are the flock to be exploited up to the last blood drop. But anyway it's up to us to look for a better country or just to stay. So enjoy:

Democracy - Dictatorship 

Humanity - Discrimination 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, sawadee1947 said:

That's absolutely true. Thais are not treating foreigners as we do in our countries. We help them to integrate, but here we are separated and if possible dumped after they got our money. We are the flock to be exploited up to the last blood drop. But anyway it's up to us to look for a better country or just to stay. So enjoy:

Democracy - Dictatorship 

Humanity - Discrimination 

Racism does nothing but breed hate...

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Mike k said:

This is a little off topic but how do you contact the US embassy I checked the website and found a phone number and fax number also a link for emergencies but no email address 

I believe that in the infamous letter from CDA (ersatz US ambassador) there was a specific email address for sending email related to Covid. That would be useful for generating a automated Covid reply.

• Haha 1

On 7/6/2021 at 8:27 AM, scubascuba3 said:

We need an audit afterwards to ensure foreigners did get 20%

No audit required.  All applications will be using the same strict application procedures used for mail in voting ballots in the USA. 

• Haha 2

19 minutes ago, VocalNeal said:

We are expats not foreigners! 

Easy way would for foreigners to register for vaccine at Immigration in person. That fixes two problems?

I'm registered with the government as a foreigner by virtue of my "Yellow Book." It is only for foreigners.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, club said:

Your link is dated 23rd June. This thread is about a statement made by the Deputy Prime-Minister of Thailand on the 6th July.

"The chief of Thailand's National Security Council and head of the CCSA told  the Thai media yesterday that foreigners living in Thailand must receive 20% of a 1.5 million batch of Pfizer vaccine that has been donated by the United States."

The Chinese donation was 20% for their nationals.

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, club said:

Doesn't matter if its from the 23 of may 2021. This is Biden policy spoken by the US Embassy Bangkok. Who do you believe?  Another Thai official not telling the Truth or a statement from the US Embassy that represents the state department? I dont like it either and have called and emailed many Senators and Reps there to complain

..... foreigners living in Thailand must receive 20%...

The Thai policy is what concerns all foreigners here in Thailand. So I'm enquiring about the Thai govt position today not the US policy before the vaccine arrives (Arrived?). Have the Thai Govt. changed their tune? I've seen nothing except ambiguities. Have any members (in Thailand) received a Pfizer vaccine recently? Or have a Pfizer vaccine appt?

Edited by rbkk
  • Like 1

I don't think the details have been finalized on this yet?

This could have been delivered by now if they were.

The shipment to Malaysia was approved on a June 29, delivered on July 5.

One imagines many layers of the Thai bureaucracy needs to get involved in this. Just as they did with the Chinese donation of sinovac with the stipulation that all their citizens here got vaccinated.

At this rate Moderna will show up first.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

I don't think the details have been finalized on this yet?

This could have been delivered by now if they were.

The shipment to Malaysia was approved on a June 29, delivered on July 5.

One imagines many layers of the Thai bureaucracy needs to get involved in this. Just as they did with the Chinese donation of sinovac with the stipulation that all their citizens here got vaccinated.

At this rate Moderna will show up first.

"...delivered on July 5."

So it could well have been delivered already....

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, club said:

The sad part is unless the Biden administration changes its policy we Americans are out of luck and American citizens in those other countries will not get any of the vaccine either. Nice to pay taxes and get stabbed in the back by your own country

I feel the same way

14 minutes ago, club said:

Thai government has already said where the 1.5 mil doses of Pfizer are going. 600k to healthcare workers that got 2 shots of Sinovac. The rest of it will go to government workers or Thai people with underlining conditions that have also had Sinovac jabs. I know its not what you want to hear but its the truth and the US government did not help matters. It sucks

I have 2 of the health conditions. I've had 1 AZ dose. Why can't my 2nd dose be a donated Pfizer vaccine? Why do i have to be Thai to qualify? This is not their stated policy.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1