Twenty percent of donated Pfizer vaccines from US must go to foreigners living in Thailand, says CCSA general

webfact

2 hours ago, connda said:

They'll be using children names for variants (just like hurricanes) as they long ago ran out of Greek letters as periodic lock-downs and mandatory mask wearing is still the norm.

The WHO idea to use Greek letters was imbecilic. They could very well run out, but long before then people will be hopelessly confused and endure needless stress over just this naming issue. Better to name after the cities where variants are first detected. India has a lot of cities.

8 minutes ago, BobinBKK said:

"He asked the Thai people for understanding in this regard and assured them that the rest will be used for their benefit". EXCUSE ME?!?!?!?! Who do the "Thai people" think payed for these vaccines to be developed, manufactured and shipped? If anything, it should go to the AMERICANS first, and the remainder can go to the rest of the foreigners standing at the end of the line behind all the racist "Thai people"!!! Nowhere in America did any Thai national have to stand at the end of the line, Thai nationals were all treated equal in America!!!

you forgot we are just behind the soi dog in their eyes, people  construct their own reality, lol

Edited by malibukid
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, webfact said:

The media did not explain why a proportion of the donated lot would have to go to foreigners such as whether it was a stipulation of the donation.

"Stipulation" 

Otherwise farang would not receive even one. 

• Like 1

The supplies are due to arrive before the end of the year

Lets hope there is enough survivors by the time it gets here lol. 

And who is going to keep count I wonder??  Its like handing out a bunch of 1,000 baht notes to a stranger and asking him/her to hand them out to any foreigner they pass.  ????

7 hours ago, smedly said:

because we ### paid for it

That attitude is as bad as going to hospitals to get a vaccine and being told Thais first. BUT, I understand why you feel that way.

It should be apportioned on the basis of age and existing conditions, but I can see your point, if a stipulation isn't made, it will be swallowed up by this government with nothing said and no improvement the way foreigners have been treated in CERTAIN AREAS.

HOWEVER, TWO WRONGS DON'T MAKE A RIGHT.

Asians have a different outlook to Westerners completely, and if stipulations are laid down in the first place, sometimes even when they are, they will be ignored. It's sad unfortunately.

• Like 2

The media did not explain why a proportion of the donated lot would have to go to foreigners such as whether it was a stipulation of the donation. Or whether it would be free.

It was also not reported what nationalities might benefit from the largesse.

Did the media ask? After all, that's their job.

In my experience with the Thai media, they never ask questions. Not surprising, as that skill is knocked out of them the moment they begin school. When I worked with them it was always I who had to ask anything. None of the local media I worked with would last a week in the real world.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

WOW!

That's 300,000 doses, so enough for ~ 140,000 people.

One assume U.S. citizens will be at the front of the line.

China donated vaccines with the stipulation that their citizens here got vaccinated.

Natives will get restless. Seeing a protest on Wireless Road this week.

Donated from America so give it to the Americans, I don't have an issue with that.

Keep it out of the elites hands.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, AndyFoxy said:

What he actually means is that they will use use the Pfizer on Thais and stick a Pfizer label on the unused  Sinovac vials.

They might. A friend used to do undercover work, visiting mostly factories seeking out pirated software, and at one place he came across many hundreds of Made in Germany labels he wasn't meant to see.

7 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

We need an audit afterwards to ensure foreigners did get 20%

Streamed live would be better.

I don't trust a Thai audit any further than I could p*ss into a storm.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

Streamed live would be better.

I don't trust a Thai audit any further than I could p*ss into a storm.

Thai audits, malfeasance and corruption notwithstanding, tend to be comically inept. Most of the auditors I have dealt with are unfamiliar with the clauses in the standards they are auditing to. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, clivebaxter said:

Give them to the Burmese, they never get anything else here apart from blame and abuse

This was my immediate thought too. If we need to quell the outbreaks, the Burmese are the foreigners to start with. We will need a lot more doses though.  In the end, everyone needs to get vaccinated so every jab is one less we need. 

7 hours ago, bipper said:

Then there's this from Israel and of course they're always right.

Screenshot_20210706-010715_Twitter.jpg

Stop shouting!!

So what is your point, it is not as effective as something else so don't get vaccinated at all?

How about this is one of the best vaccines ever, particularly at keeping people from dying, so we should be happy to get it to protect ourselves and those around us. Getting vaccinated is a civic responsibility to protect everyone and get everything running again. Vaccines don't kill people, covid does.

• Sad 1

8 hours ago, Rookiescot said:

Somehow I dont think this will actually happen.

The vaccine will go to whoever the Thai authorities deem to deserve it and any questions asked about why the US expats didnt get any will be covered with "It was a misunderstanding" or "Why you be racist to Thai people?". 

Don't think that will happen , reason. If USA citizens don't get the vacccines aloted for them  Thailand  may have problems not only procuring further vaccines but also face sanctions.

Just now, MrJ2U said:

Anutin and his gang of thieves had already had plans on how to divy up this windfall of free vaccines and make a profit.

This is obviously going to pay up more than the herb he was trying to flog a few weeks ago.

• Like 1

Our local hospital advised a few weeks ago that they expected to get an allocation of Pfizer later this year, and that I (as a foreigner) could also be vaccinated free as part of some mandated 'quota'.

This would have to be after my second AZ shot in September.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Surelynot said:

This is obviously going to pay up more than the herb he was trying to flog a few weeks ago.

And it seems hes going to have an exclusive monopoly on it plus a few exclusive  others.

Regardless of the article I'm not going to get my hopes up my major dislike is how the U.S. does things " honor system " giving and asking with no accountability isn't how anything should be done especially here with their leadership.

If the U.S. Embassy gave me a call today and said we need your help to make sure the vaccine get distributed honestly I would load my truck with my Thai family vaccinated them all and then get them to help. Make a copy of your U.S. Passport sign it that is all you need done of course social distant and wear a mask don't get impatience with me if you do the vaccine Nazi will send you on your way without!

Of course this being Thai there will be a tip box even I need Gas money and lunch.????

Edited by thailand49

One can only anticipate the shock-and-awe that will come from the new shell games invented to make everything look like the vaxx went where it was supposed to go, and explain the necessity of the financial liposuction performed on expats.

~o:37;

8 hours ago, Surelynot said:

This is going to do wonders for our image..........I imagine many Thai's will be rejoicing at the news we will get 20% of 'their' vaccines.

Why would they be upset!  They are lucky to be getting the other 80% it is much better than what their own leaders are giving them!

• Like 2