No free passes across the bridge to or from Phuket: Governor

webfact

1625567102_1-org.jpg

Phuket Governor Narong Woonciew. Photo: Radio Thailand Phuket

By The Phuket News

PHUKET: Phuket Governor Narong Woonciew has urged people in other provinces to follow the rules for domestic arrivals to be allowed to enter Phuket by land. They must be vaccinated or have tested negative for COVID-19 within seven days before travelling ‒ or else face being denied entry to the province, Governor Narong said.

The warning from Governor Narong follows the removal of the option for domestic arrivals entering Phuket by land being allowed to observe 14 days quarantine in Phuket after arriving, even if they fail to prove they are vaccinated or have tested negative for the virus.

The option for domestic arrivals to quarantine in Phuket was removed from the latest provincial order, which came into effect on July 1.

Full story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/no-free-passes-across-the-bridge-to-or-from-phuket-governor-80580.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Phuket News 2021-07-07

• Sad 1

PR Phuket in its post yesterday said, “To those who have watched the video, please do not believe or share it. It is false information which means to damage the image of Phuket.

I'd like to see the video before passing judgement but, generally, it would be nice just once to see a Thai in authority to admit an error and take some responsibility.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, madmitch said:

PR Phuket in its post yesterday said, “To those who have watched the video, please do not believe or share it. It is false information which means to damage the image of Phuket.

I'd like to see the video before passing judgement but, generally, it would be nice just once to see a Thai in authority to admit an error and take some responsibility.

Don't hold your breath.

Who really cares. You need to show a covid test that's a week old and don't have to be vaccinated. Meanwhile, the international arrival must be vaccinated and is tested at every moment. No prize to who are the greater risk.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, webfact said:

They must be vaccinated or have tested negative for COVID-19 within seven days before travelling

Why "seven days before" and not three days as foreigners that enters the island. Unfortunately the sandbox risk might rather be from domestic commuters than foreign arrivals...????

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, khunPer said:

Why "seven days before" and not three days as foreigners that enters the island. Unfortunately the sandbox risk might rather be from domestic commuters than foreign arrivals...????

Phuket is not a self sustaining island, many goods need to be delivered from the mainland on a daily base. a covid test is the only option for drivers as there are not enough vaccines.

Edited by luk AJ

No free passes across the bridge to or from Phuket: Governor

Except for high-ranking government officials and other VIPs.
And flying in on a helecopter or a Gulf Stream jet isn't 'crossing the bridge.' 

7 hours ago, mrfill said:

Does this include dignitaries from other provinces who turn up for photo-ops ? The ones with the DYKWIA syndrome.

(Don't you know who I am?)

I thought that was "Do As I Say And Not As I Do" (DAISANAID) syndrome.  It is well known to be more contagious than any of the Covid variants, and it affects most "leaders" world-wide!

G7.jpg.4b5692b530273b08ca3eac81ba4c2904.jpg

3 minutes ago, connda said:

I thought that was "Do As I Say And Not As I Do" (DAISANAID) syndrome.  It is well known to be more contagious than any of the Covid variants, and it affects most "leaders" world-wide!

G7.jpg.4b5692b530273b08ca3eac81ba4c2904.jpg

Also known by its short variant form of "In Your Face Commoners" (IYFC) syndrome.

Edited by connda
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, luk AJ said:

Phuket is not a self sustaining island, many goods need to be delivered from the mainland on a daily base. a covid test is the only option for drivers as there are not enough vaccines.

That doesn't justify not older than three days Covid-tests, and drivers of essential goods were among those to be vaccinated in the first runs.