Another lockdown being considered by CCSA

webfact

I forgot my keycard to my unit when I got back in from a run, and lo and behold I was locked-out.  Wonder how that will work with a lockdown, do I need my keycard to get out of the building, and if I leave will they come look for me like the escaping Sandbox tourist, just asking for a friend.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, joecoolfrog said:

Massively past 10,000 already , simply not confirmed because of the inadequate level of testing.

Correct ... it's already been reported for days that Bangkok hospitals at least are refusing to test (because they have no beds to admit positives) .... and other places are limited in the number of tests they will do per day.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

22 minutes ago, SnowyWiez said:

No IMF bail out this time wonder if the baht is going take a hit later in the year which would help re-start tourism/exports after this next wave gets under control. Short term only path forward seems to be getting in gear and get a solid mix of vacs in. Won't stop the spread but hopefully lowers the burden on the medical system long term

For what it's worth, the dollar and the pound are rising against the baht.

1 hour ago, Bkk Brian said:

Thailand 35 covid deaths per million population

Sweden 1,437 covid deaths per million population

It would be good to know number of deaths per million caused by lockdowns, i.e. poverty, suicides etc.

Just so we can get a more balanced picture. 

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Various comments by authorities regarding 'possible lockdowns' is just about getting folks head around the fact that lockdown is coming.

Hopefully it will include holiday travel out of Bangkok.

Oh, it's coming no doubt about that!

12 minutes ago, CG1 Blue said:

It would be good to know number of deaths per million caused by lockdowns, i.e. poverty, suicides etc.

Just so we can get a more balanced picture. 

It would indeed, any idea what that figure would be in comparison?

51 minutes ago, englishoak said:

Nobody ever died of starvation in Thailand,just dosnt happen. 

True , everybody outside the city area always got food . Nobody will ever starve from starvation in Thailand . It is the only thing in Thailand where there is never a shortage from , and the knowledge of what you can and cannot eat is immense .

• Like 1

15 hours ago, LennyW said:

Just put a ring around Bangkok, dont let anybody out!.....oops .....too late!

It's another cockup, they only need to lockdown the most affected areas such as Bangkok which is the real problem, but it seems that if the capital is affected then everywhere else in Thailand must accept the force 

1 hour ago, Bkk Brian said:

You cannot act on something that does not exist then correct

They do exist, but they're are not being counted. Unless you think there are no deaths as a result of lockdowns? 

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, law ling said:

Correct ... it's already been reported for days that Bangkok hospitals at least are refusing to test (because they have no beds to admit positives) .... and other places are limited in the number of tests they will do per day.

I could be resolved if they limited testing to those who have symptoms.  But?  Meh.

2 hours ago, candide said:

Someone is always better off than dead already, even if there is a risk to die later during the next wave.

Even in the age demographics I belong to the chances of "dying" from Covid a less than 1 out of 100 and that's using CDC stats.  You people worry too much.  Try losing weight, get your health under control, eat right, exercise, and try living instead of worrying about dying.  You'll die soon enough.  Probably not from Covid.

Edited by connda
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, englishoak said:

Nobody ever died of starvation in Thailand,just dosnt happen. 

are you sure about it? do you even know what is going on in all thailand?

anyway, when i said starvation i meant poverty, depresion, desperation, ext.

i once asked a poor girl from isarn what the people there do if they need expensive

health care or special diet ext. and they cannot afford it?

she answered innocently: they die.

this is indeed what happans to many poor people when they get a serious illness, or need more nutrition than the twice daily som tam. but nobody counts them. the statistics are just

lies.

• Sad 1

42 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

If they are not being counted in any form of data gathered then that data does not exist so speculating on how many die due to a lockdown is just that speculation.

People dying from starvation in Thailand as a result of lockdown? Na.

People dying from suicide, sure perhaps a few and it would be good to have those figures.

It would also be good to have the figures of those who commit suicide because of covid such as happened last week when an elderly gentleman here committed suicide after his daughter died of covid.

However lockdowns are there to stop health services collapsing and so avoid all the unnecessary deaths that would as a result occur not only due to covid. If hospitals ICU's are full then nobody can get treatment, covid or non covid. If services are cut then nobody can get cancer treatment and all the other serious illnesses that are life threatening.

A lockdown is to avoid this scenario

There are benefits of lockdowns, correct. Those are well recorded, as are all the Covid statistics. 

But there will be people left homeless and penniless from lockdowns, and people who can't go to have symptoms of serious illnesses / diseases checked out because the health systems are focussing on Covid only. How many of those have died / will die? We don't know because that piece of the jigsaw is being largely ignored. 

Even in normal times, death rates in poor countries are higher than death rates in rich countries. We shouldn't ignore the link between poverty and death rates. This needs to be taken into account when making decisions around lockdowns. That's all I'm saying. 

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, CG1 Blue said:

There are benefits of lockdowns, correct. Those are well recorded, as are all the Covid statistics. 

But there will be people left homeless and penniless from lockdowns, and people who can't go to have symptoms of serious illnesses / diseases checked out because the health systems are focussing on Covid only. How many of those have died / will die? We don't know because that piece of the jigsaw is being largely ignored. 

Even in normal times, death rates in poor countries are higher than death rates in rich countries. We shouldn't ignore the link between poverty and death rates. This needs to be taken into account when making decisions around lockdowns. That's all I'm saying. 

No you said how many people die from starvation, poverty or suicide through a lockdown. I have already replied to that specific point. 

Now you are moving the goal posts to include the economy and people who you claim cannot visit hospitals because of covid. 

• Like 1