Proactive teams seeking COVID-19 patients still at home

snoop1130

45e106893eb8a6e1989cc8624978cfbf_small.png

BANGKOK (NNT) - The Ministry of Public Health has established teams to seek out COVID-19 patients at home awaiting hospital beds, and to coordinate the efforts of public and private agencies to set up more hospitals, resolving not to see any deaths in homes.

Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Public Health Anutin Chanvirakul created the proactive teams by combining the services of the National Institute for Emergency Medicine and the Departments of Disease Control and Medicine as well as rescue service networks. The teams will seek out patients awaiting hospital beds in Bangkok and find them placements based on their condition while monitoring others. Elderly and chronically ill patients are to be received by Busarakam field hospitals to allay immediate concerns.

The Department of Medicine has been tapped to work with Bangkok officials to coordinate the allocaation of beds in the capital after infection rates rose to an average 5-6,000 per day. Aiding the situation, the Health Ministry has opened a pre-admission center at Nimibutr Stadium and added 4,000 beds via field hospitals. Spaces at Suvarnabhumi Airport and other sites are also being surveyed to take on patients. The office’s core goal is to ensure that no deaths occur in homes.

Bangkok officials similarly, have established hospitels to handle green level patients and are targeting 10,000 beds created in collaboration with private hospitals. The Erawan Center, which can be contacted by phone on 1669, is to receive another 50 vehicles to boost its ability to transport the sick.

Another 17 Waiting Centers have been established around Bangkok for those without a hospital bed. They can handle 2,560 people but there are plans to expand the centers to a total of 20, able to take in 3,000 patients.

The centers are located in Khlong Toei at Wat Saphan, Bang Kae at the Bang Kae Geriatric Center, Phra Nakhon at Wat Indrawiharn, Bangkok Noi at Wat Srisudaram and Nong Jok at the Krungthep Wan Wan Scout Camp.

Patients who are unable to isolate at home are urged to call the 1669 hotline for assistance.

nnt.jpg

-- © Copyright NNT 2021-07-08

• Sad 1

so they are going around from house to house asking for sick? At the same time getting infected and spreading virus?

No database, probably national one, but even provincial, district, sub district to know, where are they?

Just call centre staffed with professional medics, who would evaluate patients condition and allocate to the nearest available facility.

What chaotic waste of precious resources in time of crisis

Edited by internationalism
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Pre-2019:
Doctor I feel sick, I have a fever and flu-like symptom.
"Any problems breathing?"
No I just feel like ****.
"Go home, rest, drink liquids, and take Tylenol for pain and fever.  Call the office if it gets worse."

Post March 2020

Doctor I feel sick, I have a fever and flu-like symptom.
<jams a wire though their nose>
"Looks like Covid.  Any problems breathing?"
No I just feel like ****.
"We're admitting you to the hospital stat.  You'll die for sure if we don't."

I wonder why there aren't beds for the seriously ill and those having serious problems and breathing difficulties?
Thinking_emoji.jpg.8898b24a863c9b427ded6d26ca4e279b.jpg

5 minutes ago, connda said:

I wonder why there aren't beds for the seriously ill and those having serious problems and breathing difficulties?

There aren't enough critical care beds because critically ill people are currently occupying all of them. You're confusing standard hospital beds with critical care beds.

4 minutes ago, connda said:

Because they are already full with seriously ill and those having serious problems breathing. They also happen to have covid.

Those that do not have symptoms or have mild symptoms do not go to a regular hospital they go to a field hospitals. 

16 hours ago, Surelynot said:

Presumably these are ones that display mild symptoms.........what are they going to do with ones suffering from severe symptoms????

It's been reported that Delta variant can go from first symptoms to chronically ill in 3-5 days... patients sitting at home should be tested/treated with haste, not under observation from family members.

2 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

It's been reported that Delta variant can go from first symptoms to chronically ill in 3-5 days... patients sitting at home should be tested/treated with haste, not under observation from family members.

I think you mean critically ill, not chronically ill.

1 hour ago, hotchilli said:

Yes...but where are they going to take the seriously ill?

1 hour ago, LeatFingies said:

You can’t BECOME chronically ill. Chronically ill would mean you have a past of being sick all the time. 

To clarify, you can’t anticipate someone will become chronically ill once they have covid. “Chronically” means all the time. You can become “chronically ill” over a long period of time, not within 3 days. 

Also, lots of people show little or no symptoms. 

On 7/8/2021 at 1:44 PM, Thailand said:

Why not leave them at home to self isolate along with any family members in the home? 

And monitor that situation?

Exactly, same they have been doing in the rest of the world.