Thailand reports new daily record of 9,276 COVID-19 cases, 72 more deaths

webfact

37 minutes ago, anchadian said:

BANGKOK, July 9 (TNA) – Michael Heath, chargé d’ affaires at the United States embassy in Bangkok, said there was not an intermediary in the US donation of the COVID-19 vaccine to Thailand. He was referring to the planned donation of 1.5 million doses of the COVID-19 vaccine made by Pfizer.

The donation was a government-to-government deal and there was not any intermediary, Mr Heath said.

The White House, the US Department of State and the American embassy in Thailand coordinated the donation directly with the Foreign Ministry and the Public Health Ministry of Thailand, the chargé d’ affaires said.

https://tna.mcot.net/english-news-735282

How hard would it be to put a few boxes of vaccines and send them to embassies around the world?It's just too hard obviously.It's much easier to just babble excuses by people living off the taxes paid by expats all over the world.

• Like 1

New COVID deaths report for the day:

39 in Bangkok, 7 in Nakhon Pathom, 6 in Pattani, 3 each in Yala and Kanchanaburi, 2 each Phetchaburi and Samut Sakhon

40 men, 32 women

Median age 66.5, age range between 27 to 91

2021-07-09f.jpg.59acfa3c2f316c87614fa99e39860415.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/informationcovid19/photos/a.106455480972785/361105218841142/?type=3

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

12 minutes ago, FarFlungFalang said:

How hard would it be to put a few boxes of vaccines and send them to embassies around the world?It's just too hard obviously.It's much easier to just babble excuses by people living off the taxes paid by expats all over the world.

I understand that people are frustrated but in logistics point is totaly impossible to achieve even US goverment want to. Or cost too much anyway. If sent Pfizer you need keep it under minus 70 celsius temperature. Not go in diplomatic bag. And to how many country need sent ? If you sent one you need sent every where has US citizen . And not every country has US consulate!

Edited by 2 is 1
  • Confused 1

13 minutes ago, FarFlungFalang said:

What? Replace all the diplomatic cases of Bud and Michelob with vaccines? No chance.

• Haha 2

Isolation centres being set up in Bangkok to provide basic care to Covid-19 patients

To help reduce overcrowding in Bangkok hospitals, Thai authorities have decided to allow Covid-19 patients with mild symptoms, or who are asymptomatic, to stay at home or at a community isolation centre rather than a hospital or field hospital. Public hospitals in the capital have been at capacity and Covid-19 cases are expected to continue to rise due to the emergence of the rapid-spreading Delta variant.

https://thethaiger.com/news/national/isolation-centres-being-set-up-in-bangkok-to-provide-basic-care-to-covid-19-patients

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

It took just over 5 hours to completely contradict yourself from a previous post.

danderman.png

Herd immunity is eradicating a disease. 

India is having a temporary respite between waves (and mutations). So, Thailand mid term prognosis is for this wave to diminish like India, and then vaccination may eradicate the virus later. 

• Sad 1

49 minutes ago, BestB said:

So now you supporting what i said? as oppose to denying what i said was true?

Maybe you should bother reading more than the headlines. It very clearly stated that Coronavac is highly effective against hospitalizations and death. Not as you claimed, ineffective.

There is nothing in this report that contradicts anything I said but plenty that contradicts your claims about Coronavac. I notice also that you passed over in silence my evidence that disproves your claims about Uruguay and Indonesia.

You've got nothing.

Just now, Danderman123 said:

Herd immunity is eradicating a disease. 

India is having a temporary respite between waves (and mutations). So, Thailand mid term prognosis is for this wave to diminish like India, and then vaccination may eradicate the virus later. 

Yes of course that explains your complete contradiction....not

• Like 1

1 hour ago, placeholder said:

Thanks for all the Phuket info. It's probably too much to expect, but do you know of any figures about what's the percentage of critical care beds in Phuket that are currently occupied?

I suspect that information is available somewhere, but I don't know where to look.

I have Thai relatives (wife's side of the family) who are doctors - and hence I get a bit of a '3rd hand' sense as to how Phuket hospitals are doing (ie not swamped like some other locations in Thailand).  Still, if one is sufficiently curious, one could plot the daily Phuket figures on hospitalization (obtaining the data from the web page/link I provided), and start to get a sense as to whether numbers increasing or decreasing.

1 hour ago, sqwakvfr said:

This means I make more than the Prime Minister of country with a population of over 60,000,000??

Yes, but to be fair, you are most likely also smarted than the Prime Minister of a country with a population of over 60 million.

Edited by ExpatOilWorker

This is a fantastic achievement by the government. I think we can all acknowledge spectacular levels of incompetence, corruption, and general lack of intelligence required to achieve such a feat. I sincerely doubt that there are many others in Thailand, if any at all, that could have consistently failed the populace to such a degree. Well done boys.

2 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Maybe you should bother reading more than the headlines. It very clearly stated that Coronavac is highly effective against hospitalizations and death. Not as you claimed, ineffective.

There is nothing in this report that contradicts anything I said but plenty that contradicts your claims about Coronavac. I notice also that you passed over in silence my evidence that disproves your claims about Uruguay and Indonesia.

You've got nothing.

deflect away, 

18 minutes ago, welshguy said:

Is this a serious question?!

So, in your view, why?  are those people having these tests?

Honestly, I would love to know what you think.

Me? I "assume", that they either feel sick, they have symptoms of covid, they have been in contact with others who have been tested positive etc. etc.

That's the way it works in the rest of the world....why would those poor worried Thai folk waiting in line for a covid test, they obviously feel they want and need, be any different to anybody else in the world waiting for a covid test they want?

Thanks.  That's what I thought too.  Personally, I'd have to be feeling really sick to queue up like that.  

6 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Thanks.  That's what I thought too.  Personally, I'd have to be feeling really sick to queue up like that.  

Maybe they all feel the same then and are really sick after all its that or camping out in the rain all night as others have.

Edited by Bkk Brian

5 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

Getting back to reality, no one was saying here “cases may be flat now, in May, but the Delta variant is coming in June, and then cases will skyrocket”.

Do you have any insight into when the Epsilon variant is coming and it’s impact?

Here is a good insight for you, and answers a question you posed a few days ago.

Today is a good day to go shopping and buy a couple of months worth of non perishable items

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, 2 is 1 said:

I understand that people are frustrated but in logistics point is totaly impossible to achieve even US goverment want to. Or cost too much anyway. If sent Pfizer you need keep it under minus 70 celsius temperature. Not go in diplomatic bag. And to how many country need sent ? If you sent one you need sent every where has US citizen . And not every country has US consulate!

Actually that requirement has long since been eased. Now the vaccine is recommended to be stored between -25 degrees centigrade and -15 degrees Centigrade. And it can also be stored in the refrigerator for 1 month at 2 degrees  Centigrade up to 8 degrees Centigrade.

That said, a vaccine should not at in Embassy. There are strict cold-chain protocols for this kind of thing..

Edited by placeholder
  • Like 1

Prayuth and Anutin should hold a press conference immediately. We are submitting our resignations, effective tomorrow. This completely got away from us. We now realize how in over our heads we were, this entire time. We are permanently retiring from politics, as we want the nation to move forward, we have more money than we could ever spend, and now realize that with us in control, forward progress is impossible.

We are very, very sorry. We are stubborn and obstinate men. We have been big bosses for a long time, and been surrounded by yes people. So, it very hard for us to be humble. 

But, we have seen the collapse in the export market.

We have seen the utter demise of the tourism industry, that some blame us for.

We have seen that millions are out of work, and we fear this economic meltdown will last many years. Did we cause that? Well, we admit we are at least partly responsible. 

Now, back to reality!

What kind of defective, intellectually incapacitated leadership makes a plan like this, to shut down the construction sites, due to Covid infections, warns the workers in advance, and then makes no provisions to lock down the sites long enough to determine who is infected? And allows thousands of super spreaders to exit Bangkok, and travel throughout the nation, contributing to the situation we see today. 

Are they deliberately trying to sabotage any chances of recovery? Or, are they really and truly this inept, and this unable to lead, effectively? If the latter is true, Prayuth and Anutin are the two most dangerous people in Thailand right now. 

Get out! Get out now. You are the two most despised people in Thailand. 

Edited by spidermike007
  • Like 1

The Phra Ratchawang police station could maintain its services although many policemen there were infected with COVID-19, said Metropolitan Police deputy commissioner. Policemen from other units will be deployed to fill in if the majority of its workforce is infected.

@TNAMCOT

https://twitter.com/TNAMCOTEnglish/status/1413411899526422528

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sqwakvfr said:

Gen. Prayuth Chan-ocha Monthly salary of 75,590 baht 50,000 baht/month, totaling 125,590 baht

*Source is a local media outlet.

This means I make more than the Prime Minister of country with a population of over 60,000,000??

LMAO! You make more!!!!!! LMFAO! You think hes salary is only money what he make!?

Yes goverment has salary system depens your rank and how many service year you have! And they have many legal extra money also what they get! Every travel day get extra, every speech he make he get extra, every meating he get extra and so one! And that is only legal money , but ofcource im not saying that he take some other than legal money LOL

Whatever next.  Let's hope the registration app doesn't break down

BTS skytrain operator offers an incentive to commuters who have received two shots of COVID-19 vaccines to register to claim a small packet of gifts, which include soy milk.

Photo taken at Siam BTS Station today by

@PravitR

#COVID19 #Bangkok

https://twitter.com/KhaosodEnglish/status/1413412326225551364

ImageImageImage

Edited by anchadian

2 hours ago, placeholder said:

Well, those numbers seem pretty impressive. I don't care much about number of infections, but mortality figures are a lot harder to fudge. So it could be that vaccinations with Coronavac do provide a significant degree of protection. I do recognize that some of the vaccinations were done with AZ, but since the program started in April, I'm guessing that those who are vaccinated mostly got the Sinovac.

Why are mortality rates harder to fudge? There has been some commentary from Thai doctors that they ARE fudged.

• Like 1