Foreigners aged over 60 in Bangkok to be given priority for AstraZeneca vaccine

webfact

6 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

Try Medpark.hospital/Covid19VaccinePriority. Personally got vaccinated at Piyathai2 and was a breeze registrating and on vaccination day. Second shot in late September. Best of luck. 

That link doesn't work.

EDIT:  Now it's opening

EDIT 2:  Not taking anymore bookings

Edited by Liverpool Lou

5 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

That link doesn't work.

EDIT:  Now it's opening

EDIT 2:  Not taking anymore bookings

Phyathai2 also full.

Pre-Registration for COVID-19 Vaccine

This form is no longer accepting responses, and has been set to automatically close by [email protected].

Try Medpark.hospital/Covid19VaccinePriority. Personally got vaccinated at Piyathai2 and was a breeze registrating and on vaccination day. Second shot in late September. Best of luck. ...Is there any link to registration? Thank you so much for your reply

On 7/10/2021 at 8:19 AM, smedly said:

apart from all the issues mentioned already on this thread - due to the lack of vaccine supply even if you manage to get one shot of AZ how likely do you think it will be that you will get the required 2nd shot, this vaccination is a 2 shot process, there is really no point in getting one shot if you are never going to see the 2nd shot at the recommended interval - these million donated vaccines suddenly becomes half that when you count them as fully vaccinated -  so good luck with that 

My (Thai) wife had her 1st  Astra jab  3 or 4 days ago , she and others had to wait  30 minutes after the jab to get the date on the second jab  which is 1st October  we hope !!

On 7/10/2021 at 8:19 AM, smedly said:

apart from all the issues mentioned already on this thread - due to the lack of vaccine supply even if you manage to get one shot of AZ how likely do you think it will be that you will get the required 2nd shot, this vaccination is a 2 shot process, there is really no point in getting one shot if you are never going to see the 2nd shot at the recommended interval

That's not really the case though. As I pointed out earlier, recent research shows that if you get the second dose of AZ vaccine up to 45 weeks after the first one it actually gives a higher level of protection than if you get it after 12 weeks. It also shows that even a single dose gives good protection for at least a year.

Strong immunity following a late second dose of AZ vaccine

Now, that's not a reason to delay the second dose if you don't have to, but it also means that there's certainly a point in getting the first dose even if there's a chance the second might be delayed.

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, thailand49 said:

Your remarks seem to have you in the DARK!  Do you see first LOL?  There is a message in those 3 letters!  " you seem to not understand your own message " an extremely rare risk " 

Tell that to those that were all over the AZ blood clots.

The clots on here are very selective in their views.

24 minutes ago, GroveHillWanderer said:

That's not really the case though. As I pointed out earlier, recent research shows that if you get the second dose of AZ vaccine up to 45 weeks after the first one it actually gives a higher level of protection than if you get it after 12 weeks.

<snip>

Here's the problem: We can't rely on getting the 2nd dose even after 45 weeks. There is NO trust in the Thai government handling this process.

41 minutes ago, J Town said:

Here's the problem: We can't rely on getting the 2nd dose even after 45 weeks. There is NO trust in the Thai government handling this process.

Possibly, but that's getting on for a year's gap. You'd have to have a pretty jaundiced view of the government here to think they won't have vaccines available within the next year.

But the main thing is that still doesn't mean "there is really no point" in getting the first dose if and when available.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, GroveHillWanderer said:

Possibly, but that's getting on for a year's gap. You'd have to have a pretty jaundiced view of the government here to think they won't have vaccines available within the next year.

<snip>

I wouldn't call it a jaundiced view, more like realistic. Whenever there is money involved, all trust flies out the window.

2 hours ago, GroveHillWanderer said:

That's not really the case though. As I pointed out earlier, recent research shows that if you get the second dose of AZ vaccine up to 45 weeks after the first one it actually gives a higher level of protection than if you get it after 12 weeks. It also shows that even a single dose gives good protection for at least a year.

Strong immunity following a late second dose of AZ vaccine

Now, that's not a reason to delay the second dose if you don't have to, but it also means that there's certainly a point in getting the first dose even if there's a chance the second might be delayed.

Quite a claim, especially seeing that no vaccine has been available for that long!

5 minutes ago, nauseus said:

Quite a claim, especially seeing that no vaccine has been available for that long!

from Wikpedia

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oxford–AstraZeneca_COVID-19_vaccine

Clinical trials

In July 2020, AstraZeneca partnered with IQVIA to accelerate the timeframe for clinical trials being planned or conducted in the US.[68] On 31 August, AstraZeneca announced that it had begun enrollment of adults for a US-funded, 30,000-subject late-stage study.[69]

Clinical trials for the vaccine candidate were halted worldwide on 8 September, as AstraZeneca investigated a possible adverse reaction which occurred in a trial participant in the UK.[70][71] Trials were resumed on 13 September after AstraZeneca and Oxford, along with UK regulators, concluded it was safe to do so.[72] AstraZeneca was later criticised for refusing to provide details about potentially serious neurological side effects in two trial participants who had received the experimental vaccine in the UK.[73] While the trials resumed in the UK, Brazil, South Africa, Japan[74] and India, the US did not resume clinical trials of the vaccine until 23 October.[75] This was due to a separate investigation by the Food and Drug Administration surrounding a patient illness that triggered a clinical hold, according to the US Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) Secretary Alex Azar.[76]

The results of the COV002 phase II/III trial showed that immunity lasts for at least one year after a single dose.[77][unreliable medical sour

2 hours ago, sandyf said:

Tell that to those that were all over the AZ blood clots.

The clots on here are very selective in their views.

I understand the numbers and like many medication flu shot there are risk, as an adult people will have to make their own decision which clearly you have now let others have their day.  I have doctors and a few researcher in my family and in constant contact with them majority of them are over 65 ALL have had one of the 3 Pfizer, Moderna and J&J months ago none of had any problems aside from research data I've not heard from anyone close of problems but that is my story!  In the end, when the time comes depending on situation I will take one of the three mentioned. 

When you mentioned clots much of the research have shown those with some underlying condition but as a control freak you do know regardless <deleted> happens!  I will make the decision as to the vaccine and I will decide whether to hide in a hole or not and be afraid of my own shadow.  Life is a risk!

2 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

from Wikpedia

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oxford–AstraZeneca_COVID-19_vaccine

Clinical trials

In July 2020, AstraZeneca partnered with IQVIA to accelerate the timeframe for clinical trials being planned or conducted in the US.[68] On 31 August, AstraZeneca announced that it had begun enrollment of adults for a US-funded, 30,000-subject late-stage study.[69]

Clinical trials for the vaccine candidate were halted worldwide on 8 September, as AstraZeneca investigated a possible adverse reaction which occurred in a trial participant in the UK.[70][71] Trials were resumed on 13 September after AstraZeneca and Oxford, along with UK regulators, concluded it was safe to do so.[72] AstraZeneca was later criticised for refusing to provide details about potentially serious neurological side effects in two trial participants who had received the experimental vaccine in the UK.[73] While the trials resumed in the UK, Brazil, South Africa, Japan[74] and India, the US did not resume clinical trials of the vaccine until 23 October.[75] This was due to a separate investigation by the Food and Drug Administration surrounding a patient illness that triggered a clinical hold, according to the US Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) Secretary Alex Azar.[76]

The results of the COV002 phase II/III trial showed that immunity lasts for at least one year after a single dose.[77][unreliable medical sour

All trials. I said available, which it was not (in the UK) until the end of 2020 at the earliest.

https://www.bbc.com/news/health-55280671 

On 7/11/2021 at 8:32 AM, rickthompson said:

Actually, the CDC's Guidance on travel requirements to the US do allow AZ as it is approved by the WHO.  From the CDC guidance on international travel:

"* This guidance applies to COVID-19 vaccines currently authorized for emergency use by the Food and Drug Administration: Pfizer-BioNTech, Moderna, and Johnson and Johnson (J&J)/Janssen COVID-19 vaccines. This guidance can also be applied to COVID-19 vaccines that have been authorized for emergency use by the World Health Organization (e.g. AstraZeneca/Oxford). See WHO’s websiteexternal icon for more information about WHO-authorized COVID-19 vaccines."

Except for AZ vaccines made in India that have been approved by the WHO, and are not accepted in EU also.

And who knows about AZ vaccines made in Thailand???

5 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Samitivej fully booked long ago.

Phayatai 2 has 100 doses left and after tomorrow morning none.

Yeah, but how many did Samitivej book?

Phayathai 500 out of 1 million, Samitivij the same? Where's the rest of them?

I've managed to open the Google doc link every day so far, but always get the "link closed" message after submittal. Friends haven't even got the doc link before being told the quota is full.

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Yeah, but how many did Samitivej book?

Phayathai 500 out of 1 million, Samitivij the same? Where's the rest of them?

I've managed to open the Google doc link every day so far, but always get the "link closed" message after submittal. Friends haven't even got the doc link before being told the quota is full.

Yeah one of the days I wasn't even able to get a chance to open  the form.

One more chance.