Netizens and press do the math on PM Prayuth's Covid-19 salary gesture - he had 102 million baht in 2014

webfact

4 hours ago, natway09 said:

About the time of the Vietnam war there was an internal "drug war" between the military & the BIB

Not sure who won

I read "The Politics of Heroin in Southeast Asia" years ago.  Interesting read.

Didn't Thanksin start in politics as a millionaire and finish as a billionaire?  It's quite a profitable game to be in.

In the UK, politicians do favours for big business, then when they leave politics, they get paid for the favours by getting hundreds of thousands of pounds for "after dinner speeches" or "consultancy work".  It's a lot harder to trace that way, and I think nobody makes much effort to stop it as they're waiting for their payday also.

• Like 1

These greedy Hi So Thais make me physically sick 'enough is simply not enough ' they all have sufficient money stashed away for their families to live a privileged life, but they all want more!

Further more I wouldn't be surprised if the PM has his eye on taking over the monarchy given its current state.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

11 hours ago, BangkokReady said:

Didn't Thanksin start in politics as a millionaire and finish as a billionaire?  It's quite a profitable game to be in.

In the UK, politicians do favours for big business, then when they leave politics, they get paid for the favours by getting hundreds of thousands of pounds for "after dinner speeches" or "consultancy work".  It's a lot harder to trace that way, and I think nobody makes much effort to stop it as they're waiting for their payday also.

That is just the thing, the UK is probably just as full of corrupt politicians as Thailands, but UK politicians have the brains and education to hide a lot of their corrupt activities where Thailands politicians and the military in charge do not.

• Like 2

On 7/10/2021 at 9:10 AM, Thaiwrath said:

It's bizarre that a National Anti Corruption Commission has an Act that actually helps the most corrupt people hide their ill gotten gains !

It doesn't, he has to declare his assets when taking office and when leaving office.

• Sad 1

On 7/10/2021 at 9:21 AM, petermik said:
On 7/10/2021 at 9:10 AM, Thaiwrath said:

It's bizarre that a National Anti Corruption Commission has an Act that actually helps the most corrupt people hide their ill gotten gains !

We are in Thailand.....

You're right, and Thailand's the place where politicians have to, and do, declare their assets when they take and leave office so they can be checked up on.

• Sad 1

On 7/10/2021 at 11:53 AM, Thingamabob said:

The figures referred to are a fraction of his total wealth. There is a reference to a portion of the land he owns being worth 600m baht, but no reference at all to the value of his overseas assets.

He has assets overseas?  How do you know that if they haven't been disclosed?  

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, brianthainess said:

After hearing Prayut was going to donate his pocket money, I thought well what about his military pension, so googled for Thai Generals pension, nothing! then tried their salary still nothing ! anyone with a link? or is it a state secret ?  Everything about the RTA moneys seems hidden from the public, including as we all know what their slush fund is spent on. 

...apart from this...

https://www.pier.or.th/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/ILO-Thailand-Pension-Overview_EN.pdf

"...Thai Generals pension, nothing! then tried their salary still nothing !"

You didn't think of reading the OP?  His salary has already been stated many times, here and elsewhere, in connection with his not taking three months wages...

"Over the next three months he will give up his salary of 75,590 baht and 50,000 baht allowance making a total of 376,770 baht".

Edited by Liverpool Lou

5 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

...apart from this...

https://www.pier.or.th/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/ILO-Thailand-Pension-Overview_EN.pdf

"...Thai Generals pension, nothing! then tried their salary still nothing !"

You didn't think of reading the OP?  His salary has already been stated many times, here and elsewhere, in connection with his not taking three months wages...

"Over the next three months he will give up his salary of 75,590 baht and 50,000 baht allowance making a total of 376,770 baht".

You didn't think to read my post before baiting. Mine is about his MILITARY PENSION not his SALARY as MP. your link is of no use if one can not find out what an ARMY GENERALS salary is.

Edited by brianthainess
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

The best one is Thammant. Who declared 40 Million USD assets. This is despite having spent around 6 years in jail across 2 countries, being kicked out the army, never having any known proper job.

The guy appears a straight up mafia crook and all the MP's are to scared to say anything.

• Like 1

We have a guy in government and he was sure he could deliver mouth caps.

It was told to others of government and some partners, it was non profit.

They believed him, as he is part of government.

However, you ll guess it, he lied, cheated to everybody and made a profit of 9 million euro. Two buddies of him only made 5 million each. Case is rolling, but outcome?

What is it with people, mostly on higher places, they can rip and smash everybody and only think about them selves? Would i do the same if I were there? 

On 7/11/2021 at 1:35 PM, Liverpool Lou said:

How can he donate part of his pension that he doesn't get until he retires?

You obviously have no idea about Prayuth, who staged a military coup in May 2014 he RETIRED from the Army in Oct 2014. guess you have never lived in Thailand as you seem to know fork all about it.

1 minute ago, brianthainess said:

You obviously have no idea about Prayuth, who staged a military coup in May 2014 he RETIRED from the Army in Oct 2014. guess you have never lived in Thailand as you seem to know fork all about it.

I commented on his donating his civilian salary as Prime Minister, and hence his civilian pension,which is what the thread was about!   He does not get that until he retires and, for all you know, he may not yet be in receipt of  his military pension, either, as that can be delayed until he wants it paid.  Guess you know, to use your own words, "fork all about it".

Yes, I do live in Thailand, for 27 years, so far, not that that's relevant to with anything.