Thailand reports new daily record of COVID-19 cases

Jonathan Fairfield

34 minutes ago, mommysboy said:

I sense there is a dangerous belief creeping in of a mythic vaccine that is 100% effective, instantly protective, without side effects, or adverse effects, and universally available in abundance.

What made you believe that? I've not heard that anywhere? Perhaps you're confused with propaganda out of China?

What is the current position on people having vaccinations, used to love seeing the graph and then the part where it showed if the expectations of the PM will be met, with his 120 days till opening rubbish

20 minutes ago, anchadian said:

And here's the news report although it doesn't tell us much we don't already know only their nationalities.

The question remains are the children and family in adjoining rooms or are they separated, hospital/ASQ hotel? 

Two Myanmar kids travelling under Phuket Sandbox scheme test positive

Kusak Kukiatkul, Phuket's public health chief, said an eight-year-old and a nine-year-old from Myanmar had tested positive at the end of the first week in Phuket.

He said the two children were being treated at a hospital, adding that five members of their family must be quarantined for 14 days.

"Disease investigation officers are currently looking into the timeline of two new Covid-19 cases during seven days in Phuket," he said.

https://www.nationthailand.com/in-focus/40003102

what does this report tell me 

It is highly likely they arrived in Phuket virus free considering how many tests they had 

so one can only conclude that this was community spread 

The only people being tested in Phuket are those that arrived from overseas - what does this mean 

COVID is rampant in the Phuket community and is going undetected because of lack of testing

13 minutes ago, beano2274 said:

What is the current position on people having vaccinations, used to love seeing the graph and then the part where it showed if the expectations of the PM will be met, with his 120 days till opening rubbish

It’s posted in this thread if you look.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, smedly said:

what does this report tell me 

It is highly likely they arrived in Phuket virus free considering how many tests they had 

so one can only conclude that this was community spread 

The only people being tested in Phuket are those that arrived from overseas - what does this mean 

COVID is rampant in the Phuket community and is going undetected because of lack of testing

Well they tested positive their second test which is 5 or 6 days in so its possible that it was contracted in Phuket. What we need is for the officials to now sequence the sample as that would tell them the linage and where its from.

39 minutes ago, anchadian said:

And here's the news report although it doesn't tell us much we don't already know only their nationalities.

The question remains are the children and family in adjoining rooms or are they separated, hospital/ASQ hotel? 

Two Myanmar kids travelling under Phuket Sandbox scheme test positive

Kusak Kukiatkul, Phuket's public health chief, said an eight-year-old and a nine-year-old from Myanmar had tested positive at the end of the first week in Phuket.

He said the two children were being treated at a hospital, adding that five members of their family must be quarantined for 14 days.

"Disease investigation officers are currently looking into the timeline of two new Covid-19 cases during seven days in Phuket," he said.

https://www.nationthailand.com/in-focus/40003102

Presumably they flew in from somewhere other than Myanmar.  I can't see that being a low risk country.

54 minutes ago, mommysboy said:

I sense there is a dangerous belief creeping in of a mythic vaccine that is 100% effective, instantly protective, without side effects, or adverse effects, and universally available in abundance.

There isn't!  The AZ is comparable with Pfizer in a real world setting.

Thailand's problem is simply shortage, and bad organization.

You surprise me. I have the opposite sense.

Particularly here in Thailand it previously seemed that the population thought just one jab gave instant 100% protection.

but with the recent media coverage of perceived issues with sinovac versus the delta variant, I get the sense that people are far more wary of just any old vaccine now and are consciously looking for mRNA vaccines because they realize “a vaccine” is not 100% effective immediately

that’s just anecdotal from what I see and read in the press, so no where near conclusive. It’s interesting your read of the situation is the opposite though, maybe I need to cast a wider net.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, kynikoi said:

Since day one it's been handled so poorly it begs conspiratorial questions.

Can anyone point to anything good or clever the government has done over these past months? Serious question.

Serious answer! Yes, I can! The Government has sent my wife more than B5,000 over the period (B1500 last week) to help with necessary expenses arising from the pandemic and the hardship it has caused. She didn't claim hardship, only that she is 61 and therefore a pensioner! No mention of a rich farang husband! Rich? 5555

5 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Well they tested positive their second test which is 5 or 6 days in so its possible that it was contracted in Phuket. What we need is for the officials to now sequence the sample as that would tell them the linage and where its from.

do you actually think it is their selfish interests to do so let alone publish the results - I think not 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, riparian said:

Presumably they flew in from somewhere other than Myanmar.  I can't see that being a low risk country.

I think this is a link to the list, but I don’t read Thai. It seems still to be dated 16th June I think. Which is odd. 1st July was the last revision date and back then I saw Spain France and UK in the high risk list. Now I can’t find the whole thing.

anyway, back on point, as far as I can see, Myanmar is surprisingly a medium risk country……..which suggests to me the classification list isn’t worth the paper it’s written on. But I’m just a layman who knows nothing.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwiJhoPj4drxAhVBxzgGHatPAsQQFjADegQIBRAD&url=https%3A%2F%2Fddc.moph.go.th%2Fuploads%2Fckeditor2%2Ffiles%2F%E0%B8%9B%E0%B8%A3%E0%B8%B0%E0%B9%80%E0%B8%97%E0%B8%A8%E0%B9%80%E0%B8%AA%E0%B8%B5%E0%B9%88%E0%B8%A2%E0%B8%87%20%E0%B8%A3%E0%B8%AD%E0%B8%9A%2016%20%E0%B8%A1%E0%B8%B4%E0%B8%A2%2064.pdf&usg=AOvVaw0jcsJoTbGtaNRHYDs0GUaj

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

Here, its been picked up by the Nation News, perhaps take it up with them if you fail to understand the significance or failed to read the posts above, good luck

https://www.nationthailand.com/in-focus/40003089

Sorry, I didn't know I have to scroll up and down to find where your post might have been a reply. You are indeed a very funny guy. ????

4 hours ago, wensiensheng said:

strange how it makes the national newspapers in Thailand, but YOU don’t think it’s “worth to mention”.

perhaps the issue is that YOU aren’t interested, but others might be?

Obviously it had to be repeated on and on for others to believe and understand ????

2 minutes ago, sawadee1947 said:

Sorry, I didn't know I have to scroll up and down to find where your post might have been a reply. You are indeed a very funny guy. ????

I gave you the link, not much scrolling for you, as for the rest yea right. Thanks for the acknowledgement however always nice to explain the point of something and get nothing but that sort of response back

Edited by Bkk Brian

8 minutes ago, wensiensheng said:

I think this is a link to the list, but I don’t read Thai. It seems still to be dated 16th June I think. Which is odd. 1st July was the last revision date and back then I saw Spain France and UK in the high risk list. Now I can’t find the whole thing.

anyway, back on point, as far as I can see, Myanmar is surprisingly a medium risk country……..which suggests to me the classification list isn’t worth the paper it’s written on. But I’m just a layman who knows nothing.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwiJhoPj4drxAhVBxzgGHatPAsQQFjADegQIBRAD&url=https%3A%2F%2Fddc.moph.go.th%2Fuploads%2Fckeditor2%2Ffiles%2F%E0%B8%9B%E0%B8%A3%E0%B8%B0%E0%B9%80%E0%B8%97%E0%B8%A8%E0%B9%80%E0%B8%AA%E0%B8%B5%E0%B9%88%E0%B8%A2%E0%B8%87%20%E0%B8%A3%E0%B8%AD%E0%B8%9A%2016%20%E0%B8%A1%E0%B8%B4%E0%B8%A2%2064.pdf&usg=AOvVaw0jcsJoTbGtaNRHYDs0GUaj

Google translate agrees with you

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

I gave you the link, not much scrolling for you, as for the rest yea right. Thanks for the acknowledgement however always nice to explain the point of something and get nothing but that sort of response back

Seems you are sort of big explainer. The world needs you. ????

2 minutes ago, wensiensheng said:

Obviously. And I’m still not sure that you get it. 

oh well.

Depends on one's brain. Some get it straight and others need extra lessons and a low of repetition. 

Stay healthy and be happy with yourself ????

• Like 1

Seems the Trolls are out in force on a Sunday and can not be bothered to start at the beginning of the OP and just jump in asking questions without looking to see if it has been asked and answered before.  Oh well it does make for interesting foreplay before they get ignored.  Gets tiring explaining things over and over again and providing the same links.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

What made you believe that? I've not heard that anywhere? Perhaps you're confused with propaganda out of China?

No, I don't believe so.

I'll go with my perceptions.

There's a bit of mileage on the clock these days! 

You go with yours if you want.

4 minutes ago, sawadee1947 said:

Depends on one's brain. Some get it straight and others need extra lessons and a low of repetition. 

Stay healthy and be happy with yourself ????

True. Best we continue to repost press  articles here that might be of interest to people then.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, anchadian said:

The Royal Thai Armed Forces have set up 145 checkpoints, of which 88 are in the capital, following new stringent measures announced to curb the soaring COVID-19 infection rate.

The measures, approved by the Centre for COVID-19 Situation Administration (CCSA), including a 9pm-4am curfew, were published in the Royal Gazette.

The curfew will be in place for at least the next two weeks, starting tomorrow, in Bangkok, Nakhon Pathom, Nonthaburi, Pathum Thani, Samut Prakan, Samut Sakhon, Narathiwat, Pattani, Yala and Songkhla.

https://www.facebook.com/nbtworld/posts/10158134422527050

May be an image of one or more people, people standing, outdoors and text that says "SINN NBT WORLD L.:Nn ยุด รวจ COVID-19 Thailand's Armed Forces Will Operate 145 Checkpoints to Enforce Partial Lockdown"

Locations would be nice so we can work our way around them if needed to get across town unless they are just at the outer ends before the roads head to a different province.  Wonder if you have to go through one driving to MTT which is technically in Nonthaburi....

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, jerrymahoney said:

So you don't agree with Feng Duojia, president of the China Vaccine Industry Association. Noted.

I don't agree with incorrect or misleading information. Should I?

And you have no comment on the information and references showing his statement is misleading?

• Like 2

Just now, anchadian said:

The BP has reported that the PHM said today that more than 600 medical workers that received two dose shots of Sinovac have been infected with Covid-19

Wow, that’s an admission and a half to make. Gonna be some fall out from that.

• Like 2