Thais overwhelmingly believe Health Ministry unable to cope with COVID crisis

webfact

2 minutes ago, Soikhaonoiken said:

I'm glad the penny has finally dropped with Thai people,  this Government is just a bunch of clowns pretending to be ministers

If only they were clowns.......at least we might get a laugh every now and again.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Thomas J said:

If any of the countries is to be blamed for anything it is for not ordering vaccines as soon as possible and getting the population vaccinated. 

With this, I agree.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, John Drake said:

From the governmental standpoint, you could be correct. But at the individual level, the first time around, people at least in Bangkok were willing to abide by the social distancing, store closures, and mask wearing. (Remember, right before Covid, people here were already wearing masks because of PM 2.5.  That might have given Thailand a built in advantage.)

my wifes brother just rang from BK he said he is going back to Korat, as they were being kicked out of BK.

He has been vaccinated through his company ,but really I think the job has closed down and he is going home.

So that's what Thais think of Bangkok lockdown, were being kicked out and have to go home.

Stupidity from the people and the idiots locking BK down, people are just going to run and spread the virus, and I thought my wifes brother had more brains as he is a jeweler, sorry state of affairs in Bangkok.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, hotchilli said:

Actually I haven't seen him on the bridge of the good ship Thailand recently... wonder if he's jumped ship?

All the main guys seem to be incognito at the moment.

No Prayut, Anutin, Prawit or that Phiphat fro TAT

The saying goes something like " when the going gets tough, >>>>>"

you know the rest, but it dont seem to apply here.

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

I've believed this from pretty much the start. 

They are incompetent at every level here. 

At least they are consistent at one thing.

12 minutes ago, Soikhaonoiken said:

I'm glad the penny has finally dropped with Thai people,  this Government is just a bunch of clowns pretending to be ministers

What do you expect from Army Generals that have never proved any capability in a war. 

• Like 1

Thailand was fifth best in the world for its early control of COVID.  Now fourth from the worst.  Been lots of failures here.  Among them, those in charge delegating responsibilities to unqualified and underperforming subordinates.  Some should have been fired long ago.  Now the person in charge has little to work with.  Various staff agencies dragging their feet about obtaining quality medications from other countries and bending to pressure to use Chinese Sinovac which has been proven mostly ineffective against the new variants and locally produced Astra Zenaca.  Now, those capable of supplying quality and far more effective vaccines are backlogged attempting to fulfill purchase orders from other countries.  Next quarter and next year are not good enough.  How many more people must be sick or die before someone in charge puts their foot down and initiates the appropriate actions to regain control of this pandemic.  Have not seen today's new cases but near or possibly 10,000 per day.  At the current increasing rate daily new cases are reported it will not be long before it's 20,000.  Even medical personnel fully vaccinated with Sinovac and who work with the best available PPE are catching COVID and a few (at this point) have died.  When does it stop?    

Edited by dlclark97
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Dialemco said:

If the Chinese vaccines are ineffective does anyone know what is happening in China?

Life is pretty much back to normal in most of China except those places that have covid positive cases, which in that scenario, the whole district gets locked down and everyone have to take a covid test and isolated. It seems overall their lockdown and border measures are effective but recently the border town with Myanmar is experiencing some cases which is a concern due to the presence of Delta variant. I guess they will find out how effective their own vaccines will be against the Delta variant in due course. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

one theory is that Thailand the rest of SE Asia was better protected, but it wasn't the UV or the Sun as it was originally claimed, but possibly years of exposure to early variants of Covod-1 from Chinese tourists.

It's a possibility that COVID is nothing new in SE Asia, and that the local population has been "immune" after years of working with Chinese tourists.

Covid-2 and the new variants however have changed the game, and the "herd immunity" is no longer working, hence why we have this surge out of nowhere.

Edited by GrandPapillon
  • Like 2

44 minutes ago, Thomas J said:

I "think" that was the 1st round of a 12 round boxing match and they declared themselves a winner before the end of the bout.  I also truly believe that Thailand, Vietnam, Cambodia, Laos, and Burma did nothing materially different than the UK, Italy, Spain, Portugal, France, etc but for whatever reason South East Asia had extremely low Covid infection rates.  Now as they say, it is S.E. Asia's turn in the barrel. 

From time to time 'governments' may benefit from serendipity. Some realise that and learn from it, they then take action to keep the ball rolling. Others kid themselves they were responsible for that beneficial situation, with inevitable consequences.

If the Chinese vaccines are ineffective does anyone know what is happening in China?

It's impossible to believe any reports coming out of China, but I have a friend who works there, and also a friend who teaches Chinese kids online. Basically talking to parents and (virtually) inside their homes 6 days per week. Life has been mostly back to normal even way before the vaccine was distributed. 

I think the whole government is to be held accountable for their actions, or lack of.

But how far do you go?

All the way up it's been the I'm ok principle.

The poorer people can fend for themselves.

A few words of consolation would help.

But hey..

Does anyone know what is happening in Thailand? As soon as we can answer this we'll be closer to your original question.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Thomas J said:

This can't be.  Thailand was "the model" for the rest of the world according to WHO
image.png.e3a50aa0881e204f68e56138f1650256.png

And now 118 out 120 in the world..

Ah, they have the real stuff.

Not the one exported to inferior races.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, John Drake said:

That was before the Hiso's of Thonglor were let loose to destroy everything.

Lol, what happened was inevitable. If not Thonglor it would have been somewhere else, it was already too late before Thonglor.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Thomas J said:

I "think" that was the 1st round of a 12 round boxing match and they declared themselves a winner before the end of the bout.  I also truly believe that Thailand, Vietnam, Cambodia, Laos, and Burma did nothing materially different than the UK, Italy, Spain, Portugal, France, etc but for whatever reason South East Asia had extremely low Covid infection rates.  Now as they say, it is S.E. Asia's turn in the barrel. 

This version of the virus is a little different and it appears to negate the advantage this part of South East Asia had in 2020.

So yes, it's time to reap it.

29 minutes ago, Cake Monster said:

All the main guys seem to be incognito at the moment.

No Prayut, Anutin, Prawit or that Phiphat fro TAT

The saying goes something like " when the going gets tough, >>>>>"

you know the rest, but it dont seem to apply here.

Like you say all the top guys are heads down at the moment keeping a very low profile...

Phipat down south isn't out basking in the glory of his sandpit scheme... wonder why?

Maybe he'll show up at the quarantine facilities with a basket of chicken delight for all the tourists now confined to quarters?