Thais overwhelmingly believe Health Ministry unable to cope with COVID crisis

webfact

4 hours ago, Dialemco said:

If the Chinese vaccines are ineffective does anyone know what is happening in China?

when the Delta variant hit the province of Guangdong (11 cases by port workers) China immediately stepped up to the mark locking down total areas and even streets with no movement out of the area unless vaccinated. Then vaccinating 60 million people in one month. The area was basically under martial law.

These actions would not be tolerated in the west but the bottom line is it seems to have kept the virus in check, 'so far'.

Chinas response to the whole virus debacle has been controlled by its experience of similar virus outbreaks and its continued research in controlling any outbreak. Yet the rest of the world still seemed to think it could use alternative measures that would not cause such public outcry and create minimal economic consequences. 

It should be noted that the Chinese vaccines are not totally ineffective and can probably be tweaked to get a better performance. I have not seen much information on the non effectiveness of the sinofarm vaccine.

Thailand had the chance to learn from everyone mistakes but stood on the fence for too long and is now in the same boat or worse

• Like 2

7 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Is anyone truly surprised with this. The only ones that believe they are doing well are the Junta followers and Government apologists we hear from daily or see on the news defending them.

The shills may defend the government , however even they know it is doing a terrible job .

Just now, joecoolfrog said:

The shills may defend the government , however even they know it is doing a terrible job .

Yes, it appears they are finally getting unwrapped from the axels they wound themselves to in order to follow the leader, who has now shown his final play before he heads out on his submarine to an Island destination far away.

10 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Is anyone truly surprised with this. The only ones that believe they are doing well are the Junta followers and Government apologists we hear from daily or see on the news defending them.

We used to have quite a few of them on here, though they've all gone quiet recently. Even the stupid were bound to see through them eventually.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, blacksuitdandruff said:

Though it may be worse in Thailand relatively, ever single government in the world has "mismanaged" this plandemic from the beginning.

Do you still wonder why like I DON'T?  555

Blx. A lot of western countries have very low death tolls, have most of their populations vaccinated and are almost back to normal. By the way, the thread is about Thailand, not the rest of the world. By making a comparison you're trying to make this country's incredibly inept response to the vaccination programme better than it really is. I'm sure it doesn't wash with most people.

• Like 1

There is so much <deleted> flying around I kind of feel sorry for the government, they are not in a position to know what to do. Every country in the world has screwed up, every country in the world has a health system normally running at 95% capacity, so when there is any sort of emergency arises it goes into instant overload. Just as an example, the UK has 40% fewer beds than it did 25 years ago and many many more patients. Covid aside, this lockdown has led to a massive increase in obesity and resultant diabetis and mental health problems, which really damage the immune system. Health workers everywhere, especailly in Thailand never get out into the fresh air and sunshine to boost their already depleted vitD levels, which is there to support the immune system.

So whatever covid did to us the measures taken have made everything 100 times worse, so good luck Pryut Chan-c-cha, this is global screw up.

And don't get me started on the vaccines................

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, chiman said:

Still looking for a single global success case using Sinovac 

Depends what you're looking for I think. Less effective but still providing protection against severe disease and death. 

"...spikes in Covid cases among some countries that use Chinese vaccines “tend to be surges in mild infections with very few severe cases in fully vaccinated individuals.”  https://www.cnbc.com/2021/07/08/five-vaccinated-countries-with-high-covid-rates-rely-on-china-vaccines.html

Edited by KhaoNiaw
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, KhaoNiaw said:

Depends what you're looking for I think. Less effective but still providing protection against severe disease and death. 

"...spikes in Covid cases among some countries that use Chinese vaccines “tend to be surges in mild infections with very few severe cases in fully vaccinated individuals.”  https://www.cnbc.com/2021/07/08/five-vaccinated-countries-with-high-covid-rates-rely-on-china-vaccines.html

If your a poor country and cannot do any better, i guess thats your choice - Thailand is not poor and could have done better 

14 hours ago, Soikhaonoiken said:

I'm glad the penny has finally dropped with Thai people,  this Government is just a bunch of clowns pretending to be ministers

Clowns are funny, these incompetent Muppets are anything but.

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, wombat said:

i believe no govt has any idea how to cope with covid other than to hope like SARS it burns itself out when all govts publish Double Dutch that interprets to...

covid virus mask.png

Thank you Doctor. Wonderful to have such an obvious expert authority on this matter.

7 hours ago, chiman said:

Still looking for a single global success case using Sinovac 

China!

Or maybe not China. They initially and brutally stamped on most of those infected and sending the remainder out of the country to infect everyone worldwide.  Thailand got a few million, didn't they? That was 18 months ago.

How many Chinese nationals received Sinovac or the other lesser known fluid .... whatsitsname ....?

It is also possible that all those others in the peearecee found infected, were disposed of.

Meanwhile, China continues to expand at an alarming pace. India, Phillipines, poor European northern nations, confrontations with Indonesia, Japan and Taiwan, threats to Australia, UK and probably countless other countries. 

Sinovac sells well to most of them. China does not care. The revenue for them is astronomical.

So, at least, in that respect, China is a global success.

Right?

23 hours ago, Cake Monster said:

And with Anutin at the helm, they are not wrong.

Very true, but at least he has a University education, yet the goon in charge for the last seven years only has a Military Academy education.

9 hours ago, KhaoNiaw said:

And more info on Sinovac.

WHO’s Strategic Advisory Group of Experts on Immunization (SAGE) has also completed its review of the vaccine. On the basis of available evidence, WHO recommends the vaccine for use in adults 18 years and older, in a two-dose schedule with a spacing of two to four weeks. Vaccine efficacy results showed that the vaccine prevented symptomatic disease in 51% of those vaccinated and prevented severe COVID-19 and hospitalization in 100% of the studied population.

2 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

WHO’s Strategic Advisory Group of Experts on Immunization (SAGE) has also completed its review of the vaccine. On the basis of available evidence, WHO recommends the vaccine for use in adults 18 years and older, in a two-dose schedule with a spacing of two to four weeks. Vaccine efficacy results showed that the vaccine prevented symptomatic disease in 51% of those vaccinated and prevented severe COVID-19 and hospitalization in 100% of the studied population.

The problem now is that this data has to be made variant specific.........AZ, for example, is being quoted as 0-10% for the SA variant.

• Sad 1

17 hours ago, J Town said:

Is it legal to set up a GoFundMe page in Thailand to purchase the vaccines we all know will work? NOT sarcasm.  Just getting desperate to get jabbed.

????

Legality means nothing here, if you want, just go and do it, and forget membership on the "scared of your own shadow" brigade.

17 hours ago, drenddy said:

We all know, these countries "managed" to have low rates by completely seal off from outside world and minimal testing.

Europe has been more or less open, nearly completely open during summer for EU citizens.

Now we see the real capabilities of thai health system, there are people camping under the bridge, waiting for a hospital bed, others wait hours to get tested, (real) vaccines nowhere to find.

They know, if Corona gets loose in Thailand, there is no way to control it, thats why they imposed quarantine for arrivals.

Wait a minute, the ASQ also had plenty of money making conditions, helping to fill the pockets of  insurance companies, hospitals, hotels and goodness knows what else.

You can also bet that when the borders open up ( on 1st Oct Ha! Ha!) there will still be money making schemes set up at immigration after you leave the plane.

Once pockets are getting filled, they never stop. This is Thailand under Military rule.

1 hour ago, Kwasaki said:

Was that based on data that reckons with the Delta variant?

Edited by placeholder

25 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Was that based on data that reckons with the Delta variant?

Well it's an assessment over time and when monitoring began on Sinovac as in all vaccines.

I don't know what "WHO" knows but I would take more notice of what they say than anyone on TVF. 

I registered for my 1st jab in September I don't care what vaccine they give me as long as I get one. 

What is interesting is that negative information or critics emanate from amart-related institutes, such as Superpoll or NIDA. Today, I also read in the other journal that another amart-related institute, TDRI, has just published a report criticizing the government for the handling of the pandemic.

A sign of dissension inside the yellow/green network?

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, AllanB said:

These are the stats that tell the real story, from the official figures and clearly show no sign of a pandemic. Life expectancy still growing and death rate changed slightly in 2019, before covid. 

World - Historical Death Rate Data
Year Death Rate Growth Rate
2021 7.645 0.430%
2020 7.612 0.440%
2019 7.579 0.440%
2018 7.546 -0.320%
2017 7.570 -0.320%
2016 7.594 -0.330%
2015 7.619 -0.310%
2014 7.643 -0.310%
2013 7.667 -0.980%
2012 7.743 -0.960%
2011 7.818 -0.960%
2010 7.894 -0.940%
World - Historical Life Expectancy Data
Year Life Expectancy Growth Rate
2021 72.81 0.240%
2020 72.63 0.240%
2019 72.46 0.240%
2018 72.28 0.390%
2017 72.00 0.390%
2016 71.72 0.390%
2015 71.44 0.390%
2014 71.16 0.400%
2013 70.88 0.560%
2012 70.49 0.560%
2011 70.10 0.560%
2010 69.70 0.570%

I don't know about the validity of your stats, since you failed to provide a link, but I do know that in the United States the average age at death went down by a year in 2020.