Thais overwhelmingly believe Health Ministry unable to cope with COVID crisis

webfact

42 minutes ago, klauskunkel said:

Wasn't there a Covid Czar appointed 3 months ago?

"The Thai cabinet today (Tuesday) designated Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha as the sole authority in charge of all responsibilities and duties, previously vested in his ministers, to deal with the current COVID-19 pandemic."

What happened to him? Oh yes, he is quarantining at his favorite barracks...

Anyways, time for Anutin and the Czar (and the rest of the clowns) to roll over and disappear.

I'm just amazed at the resilience of the Thai people who are still coping despite the best efforts of their government.

be carefully not to read any fake news this will make the pandemic stronger.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Thomas J said:

I "think" that was the 1st round of a 12 round boxing match and they declared themselves a winner before the end of the bout.  I also truly believe that Thailand, Vietnam, Cambodia, Laos, and Burma did nothing materially different than the UK, Italy, Spain, Portugal, France, etc but for whatever reason South East Asia had extremely low Covid infection rates.  Now as they say, it is S.E. Asia's turn in the barrel. 

From the governmental standpoint, you could be correct. But at the individual level, the first time around, people at least in Bangkok were willing to abide by the social distancing, store closures, and mask wearing. (Remember, right before Covid, people here were already wearing masks because of PM 2.5.  That might have given Thailand a built in advantage.)

• Like 1