Thailand reports 9,317 new COVID-19 cases, 87 more deaths

webfact

18 minutes ago, dinsdale said:

Jive or not that's what he has just now told me.

I would refuse and wait until they are prepared to provide AZ, or go somewhere else, did he pay for it ?

this is a disgrace

1 minute ago, wensiensheng said:

A nosebleed is “news” now?

ah, I see, it was a tourist. One of the endangered species with whom utmost care must be taken.

I wonder if they refunded the testing money to the tourist along with a Wai and a basket of fruit as an apology.

• Haha 2

Just now, dinsdale said:

Interesting. Always a possible sceario. How about this 1: Weaponising a bat virus through gain of function. 2: Virus leaks from lab. 3: Virus goes global due to deception and misinformation. 4: Virus is now mutating of it's own accord. Faily sure their will be plenty on here that will have a go at me but ask yourself this: Is it out of the realm of possibility?

Well then add in the Sinovac they produced to finish off the plague created, yep that should get the Tin Foil hat wearers jumping up and down with the "See we told you so",  sorry I just had to put my sarcastic remark in....

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, ThailandRyan said:

I wonder if they refunded the testing money to the tourist along with a Wai and a basket of fruit as an apology.

Not too sure about the refund but the basket of fruit does wonders in Thailand as it did with Stefanie.

• Haha 1

Just now, smedly said:

I would refuse and wait until they are prepared to provide AZ, or go somewhere else, did he pay for it ?

this is a disgrace

He says beggars can't be choosers. His decision. Not one I'd make. As for paying, yes. Said 3300 out of pocket.

1 minute ago, anchadian said:

Not too sure about the refund but the basket of fruit does wonders in Thailand as it did with Stefanie.

Yep it made her happy as can be, enough for a Photo OP to go international.

A "booster" A-Z vax for double-dosed Sinovacs?

1. Sounds like an unapproved experiment founded in desperation ... hope it has passed ethics approval.

2. What's next if the single A-Z booster doesn't work?

3. They could just as easily said: "Sinovac doesn't work, so all who had it have to get re-vaxed with another brand".

1 minute ago, law ling said:

A "booster" A-Z vax for double-dosed Sinovacs?

1. Sounds like an unapproved experiment founded in desperation ... hope it has passed ethics approval.

2. What's next if the single A-Z booster doesn't work?

3. They could just as easily said: "Sinovac doesn't work, so all who had it have to get re-vaxed with another brand".

The PM is also saying he approves when just 6 short months ago he did not want Thai's to become Guinea Pigs

https://thethaiger.com/news/national/thailands-pm-says-he-wont-let-thais-become-vaccine-guinea-pigs

• Like 1

New highs ICU/Ventilators

#COVID19 update in #Thailand on Wednesday: Since 1 April

334,166 people infected (+8 imported and +9,309 local cases)

2,840 dead +87

99,511 in care

3,201 in ICU and 828 on ventilators

5,129 discharged from care

https://twitter.com/RichardBarrow/status/1415182287780519940

Edited by anchadian
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, James105 said:

Much obliged - thank you.  Just goes to show the countries that secured the most vaccinations and convinced their populations to take it will be the ones back to normal fastest.   The UK really did have an unlimited budget to secure vaccinations, which is a very different "unlimited budget" to the one I believe Thailand stated it had to purchase vaccinations.   

A lot of people accuse Thailand ministers of being greedy but really it shows the opposite here as by not securing these vaccinations it will cost not just the country dearly in the short term, but in the long run it will also cost these ministers here as well, as 20% of their potential GDP income from tourism is going to be going to countries that decided vaccinations were something that should be physically ordered with physical money, rather than just talked about as something that could theoretically be ordered with theoretical money.   

With regard to your second paragraph, I think I understand what you mean but think you have expressed it in the wrong way. 

what I think you mean (apologies if I am putting words in your mouth) is that not ordering vaccination supplies is a false saving. Yes you might save money in the short run because you don’t spend upfront cash, but you lose in the long run because the country shuts down for longer, has more sick people to care for etc etc. if that is what your are saying, I 100% agree with you. It’s also the argument for lockdowns. Yes it costs money during lockdown, but can save money longer term.

where I disagree is with your saying that it shows ministers are not greedy and that it will cost ministers in the long term through a loss of GDP tourism income. We don’t know how ministers might personally benefit through the vaccination arrangements that have been made, I can’t speculate on that. And any loss in GDP is a loss for the country. I can’t see that it will hurt the ministers personally, unless, I guess,  they own a bunch of hotels.

lack of personal accountability is one reason why the country is in the mess it’s in and any cost, is the country’s cost, not that of any minister.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, dinsdale said:

He says beggars can't be choosers. His decision. Not one I'd make. As for paying, yes. Said 3300 out of pocket.

did he not pay for AZ - if he is paying then he entitled to chose what he is buying period 

10 minutes ago, dinsdale said:

Interesting. Always a possible sceario. How about this 1: Weaponising a bat virus through gain of function. 2: Virus leaks from lab. 3: Virus goes global due to deception and misinformation. 4: Virus is now mutating of it's own accord. Fairly sure there will be plenty on here that will have a go at me but ask yourself this: Is it out of the realm of possibility?

There is no evidence that the virus leaked from the lab.What is the other alternative of the virus getting out of the lab for which there is also no evidence?Where is the virus mutating?Is there evidence the virus is mutating outside of the lab?Possibilities are seemingly endless.

5 minutes ago, anchadian said:

18 minutes ago, dinsdale said:

Interesting. Always a possible sceario. How about this 1: Weaponising a bat virus through gain of function. 2: Virus leaks from lab. 3: Virus goes global due to deception and misinformation. 4: Virus is now mutating of it's own accord. Fairly sure there will be plenty on here that will have a go at me but ask yourself this: Is it out of the realm of possibility?

Yes, I think it is.

Edited by wensiensheng

Despite being the most talked about and sought-after vaccine in Thailand, not a single dose of Pfizer-BioNTech has been administered here to date. The Pfizer jab’s efficacy is impressively high thanks to its innovative mRNA technology

https://www.thaipbsworld.com/are-pfizer-shots-the-cure-for-thailands-covid-crisis/

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

We seem to have lost most of the “Covid is a hoax” types, and now we are down to:

”I had Covid last year, and it was no worse than a cold. No, I was never tested”.

or

” I work out in a gym and have a healthy immune system, so I don’t worry about Covid”.

For the record, I am fully vaccinated with Moderna, and I worry about Covid.

Don't worry , they will always be around , even if they are admitted themselves in hospital they still denying it . They exist everywhere and nobody even their own body can't tell them otherwise .

In fact it doesn't matter what they think , since everybody makes their own behavior , and spreads the disease . You can try convince them , but 1st rule is try to take care yourselves , a that you dont get it , and b that you not transmit it . The more people do that , the less transmission , the lower the numbers , the better for everybody . Keep your distance to others , the further the better , if anywhere in public places wear your mask . If you follow both rules , chances are very minimal that you will get it .

I am fully vaccinated with Pfizer , i am still a tiny bit worried , but lots smaller then before the vaccination . I know im as protected as i can be , i still do not do crazy things , in fact about the same like before being vaccinated , although at my workplace , im a lot less strict with my mask .

1 minute ago, anchadian said:

Despite being the most talked about and sought-after vaccine in Thailand, not a single dose of Pfizer-BioNTech has been administered here to date. The Pfizer jab’s efficacy is impressively high thanks to its innovative mRNA technology

https://www.thaipbsworld.com/are-pfizer-shots-the-cure-for-thailands-covid-crisis/

The question is "Where is the ordered and donated Pfizer"  

From the total 9,317 cases that were found in the past 24 hours:

- 7,159 were found via tests at medical facilities

- 2,021 via proactive tests at known clusters

- 129 via proactive tests in prisons

- 8 imported

https://twitter.com/ThaiEnquirer/status/1415184212462759943

• Thanks 2

18 minutes ago, smedly said:

I sometimes wonder if there is a military lab somewhere working for a certain government who are constantly engineering/developing this virus as a weapon and deploying it around the world, every time we get on top of it something more sinister and deadly comes right out of the woodwork, if we hadn't seen alpha beta etc this pandemic would be long over  - could we be at war 

It's doubtful because it would be easy to spot in the 2.5 million publicly available genome sequences. For all current variants,  it's easy to see their natural evolutionary trail. It would be difficult to quickly engineer a strong mutation that also fit into the current evolutionary tree unseen.

There is some speculation that the high number of mutations could be due to the spike having been manipulated.  A spike that came from a bat might better fit natural biological environments, with less need to mutate. However, it will take years to unravel all of this.

• Thanks 1

Out of 9,180 local cases (outside of prisons), most in

Bangkok - 2,332

Samut Prakan - 1,006

Samut Sakhon - 577

Chonburi - 513

Pathum Thani - 398

Nonthaburi - 347

Chachoengsao - 339

Nakhon Pathom - 202

Pattani - 195

Narathiwat - 191

https://twitter.com/ThaiNewsReports/status/1415184427710255115

• Thanks 1

All 77 provinces in Thailand have reported cases in the past 24 hours, including 16 that have reported more than 100 cases, 21 have reported 51-100 cases, 30 have reported 11-50 cases and 10 have reported 1-10 cases.

https://twitter.com/ThaiEnquirer/status/1415186033990275077

• Thanks 1