Sandbox tourist suffers swab test nosebleed

webfact

1626231343_1-org.jpg

Medical personnel conducting swab tests have been urged to exercise more caution when taking swab test samples, Dr Chalermpong said. Photo: PR Phuket

By The Phuket News

PHUKET: Vachira Phuket Hospital Director Dr Chalermpong Sukontapol has instructed medical personnel conducting swab tests to exercise more caution after a tourist who arrived under the Puket Sandbox scheme suffered a nosebleed from a swab sample being taken.

The swab test and nosebleed happened on the tourist’s first day in Phuket, Dr Chalermpong noted.

The tourist had shallow nasal capillaries and frequently suffered nosebleeds, which is a common condition that can be aggravated by the swab test procedure, Dr Chalermpong explained.

Full story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/sandbox-tourist-suffers-swab-test-nosebleed-80676.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Phuket News 2021-07-14

• Sad 2

6 minutes ago, webfact said:

The swab test and nosebleed happened on the tourist’s first day in Phuket

this guy doesn't look like a tourist to me, business shirt with logo and id round his neck, maybe he is the doctor lol

my bad

Edited by smedly

49 minutes ago, Sticky Rice Balls said:

Guess we could always ask for the anal swab--esp if its a cute nurse--be gentle na ka!

"Anal swab, cute nurse"?  I thought the all the "dirty" massage shops were closed?

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, smedly said:

this guy doesn't look like a tourist to me, business shirt with logo and id round his neck, maybe he is the doctor lol

my bad

The badge on the tunic packet is a bit of a give-away.

• Haha 1

i've had three tests.  one in USA, did not go deep in the nose at all.  made ten circles at the back of each nostril, where your finger could reach.  in thailand, the first one was thrust deep into the nostril for about a second.  then the second one in thailand was same deep thrust but for a five count. one....two....three....four.....five.  plus in thailand they did a throat swab, that was fine (not done in USA).  the nostril probes did make the eye above the nostril water a bit.  i hope i don't get the five count version for my next test !!! 

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1