"No one is safe until everyone is safe" - Aussie couple highlight foreigners facing vaccine trouble in Thailand

webfact

2 hours ago, joloit said:

But where are the donated vaccines. And why refuse people to even register for the vax, so they know how many are needed. Who is responsible for this mess?

So far only the French donation, and a Chinese Cinovac-donation, which has arrived to my knowledge, the US lot seems to be still on it's way. Did Australia also donate vaccine for their citizens in Thailand?

With the number of vaccines in planned orders, there are enough for all, just be little patient, it's also been messy in Europe with fewer deliveries than expected, and postponements, and it still is.

1 hour ago, Kwaibill said:

Not one whit what I suggested.

If a plane load of whomever appear, are the authorities going to turn them back to possibly run out of fuel and crash into the ocean?

Or might they, as suggested in the OP, have them land and right off into monitored quarantine?

Not sure that Border Police are effective at stopping air traffic. I  will freely admit to not having knowledge of their procedures.

Australia does not allow asylum seekers and other people arriving at their shores entrance. What about giving them enough fuel to fly back to Indonesia instead of letting them in? Till now no link or anything else from you to backup your story. So it never happened.

Edited by hanuman2543
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

And here you are still arguing, still complaining instead of solving your problem. 

You have been provide with a solution and you still have not taken it. 

This is vaccine booking...... not just registration. 

You would know that if you proactive enough to investigate the link I sent you instead of speeding your time complain. 

You are the same as the consummate-complainers the world over... Spending so much effort complaining they overlook the solutions.....  

I was able to book the vaccine within 5 minutes on that site... The site works. 

I checked because I knew you wouldn’t bother instead choosing to continue to complain !!!

(I now have to contact them and cancel !)

1270757360_Screenshot2021-07-15at15_36_36.png.09146b7ef6c8e19a3f8eb299f4956eb8.png

Is that only for over 60s?

30 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Nothing wrong with nations having different priority groups but there is everything wrong with excluding people living in a country based on nationality. Its a human rights issue.

Free healthcare is to my knowledge not a human right.

• Like 2

They seem to have also forgotten about the thousands of expats outside of Thailand who have a home and families in Thailand. Making it next to impossible to return unless paying thousands of dollars, forced to buyp Covid insurance AFTER being vaccinated, mountains of paperwork, websites that don,t work, unable to applying for a visa by mail, months of stress, and rules that change by the day. Who in their right mind pays thousands of dollars in ransom to suffer the constant <deleted>? Answer, those paying thousands to be locked in some of the most expensive hotels in Bangkok or Phuket. How fracking dumb can you get?

Seems Asia has become a basket case with regard to COIVD. Indonesia’s daily infection 54k now higher than India’s. Also the more ‘advanced’ places Japan and Australia also struggling.

Raises a question of how much the issue is about money or whether it’s about policy/leadership.

6 hours ago, wensiensheng said:

Perhaps you will get sinovac. 

but I think it’s Bangkok that has the most problems dealing with foreigners. I had an appointment in Udon for AZ, but couldn’t go because of quarantine. I’ve since had 14 appointments in Phuket, but cancelled them all because it was sinovac.

No offence intended but maybe its not your smartest decision. Daft to reject any brand of jab in my opinion, Why not get the sinovac 2 times and by the end of the year the American brands will be available for sure as your booster. 

I think you need to make better decisions based on the circumstances. A bit of forward thinking might help you

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Neeranam said:

Why does your wife need you to secure it for her? She could probably do better without you doing it as she's Thai. 

Also, if you have been here so long, married and working, you could get Thai citizenship, which stopped my paranoia about the unfairness of everything.  

I don't want Thai citizenship.

Have you seen the hoops you need to go through for it?

For what? 

I'm not about to renounce my Australian, NZ & EU citizenship for a <deleted>ty Thai one.

My Wife dose not want the Sinovac now as its useless and by all reports will need to be boosted with a better vaxinated anyway. Besides that it is almost impossible to get also.

We have signed her and my son up with 3 government schemes only to have them canceled or for her to spend all day waiting for them to announce there was not enough for them.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, connda said:

Yeah.  Contact the Yank main-stream news so Jen Paksi can come back out and tell Yanks to ****-off for the third time.  Lol.

It will only work if Biden feels real shame. Expats intubated, etc. on nightly news, and background about the 24 senators who wrote to Tony Blinkin' long ago, and fact that China, France, and Switz stepped up for theirs.

my wife can not be vaccinated and I do not want to be we are among many who can not or do not want the vaccine jab the way some people are talking they are making us crime's because they think getting the jab is going to fix everything a woman talking on tv said a strong word (wait) as yet they have not said how often you will need the jab because you have had it and what the next one will cost and of course they will say a new stronger virus has come so you will need another stronger jab as has already happened

Richard Barrow has just published this (15th July, 10:20), which might be of interest for some foreigners in Thailand...

The @BCCThai posted a tip just now about the Board of Trade of Thailand asking for foreigners who are 18+ to register their interest for the AstraZeneca vaccine. You need to fill out this form before 11am on Friday https://forms.gle/cAYKFLfeJizvJ15h7 Date and location is unknown. Good luck!

216800562_370610721091864_6934196240726878928_n.jpg.70bf73b959c84af2677d77e9d4a7c0a9.jpg

20 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

We're willing to pay.

And so you can with Moderna-vaccine when available in Private hospitals from October, it has been open for registration for a while, and according to recent news articles PfizerBioNTech might also become available.

1 minute ago, khunPer said:

And so you can with Moderna-vaccine when available in Private hospitals from October, it has been open for registration for a while, and according to recent news articles PfizerBioNTech might also become available.

I have tried to register for it in Pattaya and failed. They only reserve a tiny supply so far.

But don't you get it? October is really too late for high risk people to wait even October is not a solid thing yet. It could be next year.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, tonray said:

With all due respect, less than a third of all Thai citizens have been vaccinated as of yet

Only 4.7% are fully vaccinated.

Unfortunately this includes Sinovac.

Screenshot_20210715-203036.jpg

Edited by MrJ2U
Graph won't upload

12 minutes ago, khunPer said:

Richard Barrow has just published this (15th July, 10:20), which might be of interest for some foreigners in Thailand...

The @BCCThai posted a tip just now about the Board of Trade of Thailand asking for foreigners who are 18+ to register their interest for the AstraZeneca vaccine. You need to fill out this form before 11am on Friday https://forms.gle/cAYKFLfeJizvJ15h7 Date and location is unknown. Good luck!

216800562_370610721091864_6934196240726878928_n.jpg.70bf73b959c84af2677d77e9d4a7c0a9.jpg

https://www.richardbarrow.com/

Edited by Jingthing
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, John Drake said:

How many Chinese and French have been vaccinated? That's the area where the couple needs to make their comparison.

French were vaccinated by the French government not thai

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

I have tried to register for it in Pattaya and failed. They only reserve a tiny supply so far.

But don't you get it? October is really too late for high risk people to wait even October is not a solid thing yet. It could be next year.

I know.  And they still haven't ordered it.

No choice up here in Sakon Nakhon.  Teachers, nurses, doctors are still trying to get vaccinated.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, khunPer said:

Have you Tried to register for Moderna?
All the websites crashed for Registration and when they were back online all the allocation was gone in less than 2 Miniutes.

Besides that if you read carefully you will be Signing up for vaccination FROM October TO MAY 2022 EXPECT the latter date.
By the way Pay up front with NO refund and The Hospital reserves the Rite to Cancel it at any time!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, dutchweller said:

Have you Tried to register for Moderna?
All the websites crashed for Registration and when they were back online all the allocation was gone in less than 2 Miniutes.

Besides that if you read carefully you will be Signing up for vaccination FROM October TO MAY 2022 EXPECT the latter date.
By the way Pay up front with NO refund and The Hospital reserves the Rite to Cancel it at any time!

If you want the chance of getting Moderna you need to pay up front.

They usually sell out of there allotted amounts within hours and sometimes minutes.

If you're uncomfortable paying up front you won't be getting Moderna.  Thats the way it works.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Is that only for over 60s?

And those with ‘health conditions’.... 

Most of those who are upset because they cannot get a vaccine are so upset because they consider themselves to be in a high risk group. 

JT has maintained he is in a High Risk group++ so booking a vaccine at MedPark work for him.

Also note: that no evidence is required of your ‘medical ailments’ when booking or when getting vaccinated. 

Edited by richard_smith237
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Its scary.  It should never been like this.

We're lucky we live in a resort style house to wittle the days away in relative comfort.