Embassy's vaccine joke angers expats

snoop1130

Doesn't offend me, I just think it's not funny, a stupid attempt at humor, and sad to think Aussie taxes are paying for these fools who obviously have nothing better to do during their working hours.

• Like 2

I'm not offended or insulted by their post, and I'm not Australian.

But amid a worldwide pandemic with vast numbers of people dying, even more made ill and vast economic and social disruption, the post seems like a particularly pathetic and ill-advised attempt at humor.

How about the Embassy instead spend their time and energies trying to do something for Australians in Thailand who are unable to obtain COVID vaccinations?

As one portion of the OP article noted:

""There are over 9000 cases per day in Thailand at the moment and as an Australian, we haven't received any support or even a 'we're inquiring about getting our citizens vaccinated'."

Obviously, the Embassy folks have too much free time on their hands.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

Offense is where you seek it, I guess. 

Poor excuse for a joke, you guys down there need comedy counseling or something.

If that were an American joke it would have involved a toilet or a bodily function.

Sir...Sir (arm up waving frantically. I am offended. The joke made my mouth water but my false teeth can't cope with chocky rocky.  ha!????

Actually I've never tried 'rocky road'  what's it like?

Edited by TKDfella

I got 1 thing and 1 thing only from the post after the article. They are saying that the vaccine allows to return to normal life and can enjoy all your favorite things again. 

Just trying to be creative in the way they promote the vaccine. 

Again my interpritation of everything. 

44 minutes ago, Orinoco said:

Sure they have a sense of humor.

They still make VB,  and they drink it. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  LOL.

A cut or two above watneys red barrel but still sh----

• Haha 1

Aussie humour from the Australian Embassy, that's about as humorous as listening to Prayut !

2.8 million Aussie dollars gone to the Thai vaccination program but not including your expats, what a fkn joke ! 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, heybuz said:

After 50 years that's the impression it made.

Just for a minute,  i thought you maybe having a sense of humor failure

Say it can't be so, !!!!!!! LOL

Edited by Orinoco

1 hour ago, AJBangkok said:

I think it’s more disgust than offense, the embassy staff are all vaccinated, so it’s their version of “let them eat cake “ or in this case Aussie deserts.

How do you know that all the embassy staff have been vaccinated, did they announce that?   

I think that they may find eating an Aussie desert [sic] a little difficult, they're rather dry, sandy and difficult to swallow.

Edited by Liverpool Lou

2 minutes ago, 248900_1469958220 said:

As a UK citizen, and once long term Aussie permanent resident I can tell you, this kind of low iq humor is commonplace. When you think of Aussie humor, think of someone dribbling and laughing moronically at jokes about Honda vs Ford cars, rugby league players and tits. Australians, as a general rule are not smart enough to make biting, intelligent humor. This 'joke' is a classic example of the level of intelligence of those working at the embassy.....

"Lets make a joke about meat pies and the vaccines aye Bruce".....

I rest my case. 

No Need for that. !!!!!!!!!!!! LOL.

Edited by Orinoco

45 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

How about the Embassy instead spend their time and energies trying to do something for Australians in Thailand who are unable to obtain COVID vaccinations?

As one portion of the OP article noted:

""There are over 9000 cases per day in Thailand at the moment and as an Australian, we haven't received any support or even a 'we're inquiring about getting our citizens vaccinated'."

Obviously, the Embassy folks have too much free time on their hands.

They are.

The embassy was also quoted, in the same report, as saying....

"the ambassador acknowledged some Australians may have thought the embassy was making light of the pandemic or vaccine situation.   He said the embassy had no access to vaccines for citizens abroad, but he was pressing for Australians to be given across to jabs under Thailand's rollout"....

...how come you didn't mention that very relevant quote from the ambassador?

Edited by Liverpool Lou

1 hour ago, vandeventer said:

All us Aussies do have a sense of humor, now where can I get a French Passport?

Whoever thought that post was funny certainly doesn’t have a sense of humour.

I fail to see how it’s insulting or offensive but equally it’s just not funny….

• Like 1

Ambassador Allan McKinnon should be ashamed of himself Now & Consular staff joke about a seriouse issue..

Jokes have also been made in the past on supply of Covid-19 Vaccines to Australian Expats and comments from the Embassy Aussie expats earnt too much Money in the past and Expats can buy the Vaccine Themselfs.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, steven100 said:

what nonsense ......    the politically correct brigade again. Why don't they get a life,  can't say this,  can't say that bs.

Well ....   Ba Ba Black sheep have you any wool ....  lol

so who exactly were these '  Australian expats '  that were offended    ?

Everyone is offended at everything right now.  Ridiculous.

• Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, 248900_1469958220 said:

As a UK citizen, and once long term Aussie permanent resident I can tell you, this kind of low iq humor is commonplace. When you think of Aussie humor, think of someone dribbling and laughing moronically at jokes about Holden vs Ford cars, rugby league players and tits. Australians, as a general rule are not smart enough to make biting, intelligent humor. This 'joke' is a classic example of the level of intelligence of those working at the embassy.....

"Lets make a joke about meat pies and the vaccines aye Bruce".....

I rest my case. 

Then again, if you are offended by it you are also a w**ker.

You must fit right in by wanting to become a permanent resident.