Embassy's vaccine joke angers expats

snoop1130

21 minutes ago, 248900_1469958220 said:

As a UK citizen, and once long term Aussie permanent resident I can tell you, this kind of low iq humor is commonplace. When you think of Aussie humor, think of someone dribbling and laughing moronically at jokes about Holden vs Ford cars, rugby league players and tits. Australians, as a general rule are not smart enough to make biting, intelligent humor. This 'joke' is a classic example of the level of intelligence of those working at the embassy.....

"Lets make a joke about meat pies and the vaccines aye Bruce".....

I rest my case. 

Then again, if you are offended by it you are also a w**ker.

Oi.

Leave the tits out of it please.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, 248900_1469958220 said:

No choice in the matter I am afraid. I was abducted by my parents and taken there at the age of 11.

I hope you recinded your permanent residence status as a protest.

Just now, Ralf001 said:

Oi.

Leave the tits out of it please.

Ordinarily I would....However, in this case the 'tits' were justified as I was simply using them to strengthen my case....that 75% of Aussies are......well, lets just leave that to the imagination. 

16 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

They are.

The embassy was also quoted, in the same report, as saying....

"the ambassador acknowledged some Australians may have thought the embassy was making light of the pandemic or vaccine situation.   He said the embassy had no access to vaccines for citizens abroad, but he was pressing for Australians to be given across to jabs under Thailand's rollout"....

...how come you didn't mention that very relevant quote from the ambassador?

Hmmm.... The Chinese managed to get vaccines for their citizens in Thailand. The French managed to get vaccines for their citizens in Thailand. The Swiss managed to get vaccines for their citizens in Thailand.

Are Australia and their Embassy officials so inept that they can't manage to do something that several other countries have managed to do for their foreign nationals in Thailand?  Or perhaps they're simply not interested in attempting to fix the problem.

3 minutes ago, heybuz said:

I hope you recinded your permanent residence status as a protest.

I chained myself to Tony Abbots leg....and its 'rescinded' my boy.....Now run along and play with your Lego. This time use the wheels Lego provided....the square wheels were very creative....yet highly impractical.

Edited by 248900_1469958220

2 minutes ago, 248900_1469958220 said:

I chained myself to Tony Abbots leg....and its 'rescinded' my boy.....Now run along and play with your Lego. This time use the wheels Lego provided....the square wheels were very creative....yet highly impractical.

Lighten up,555,.

2 hours ago, Ralf001 said:

And here I thought Aussies had a sense of humor.... there is that avocado toast thing though, sounds rancid.

...naa they are just taking a jab at Aussie unpatriotic expats lol. Australia owes them nothing...but actually I still owe them HECS. Pluck them 555

15 hours ago, steven100 said:

what nonsense ......    the politically correct brigade again. Why don't they get a life,  can't say this,  can't say that bs.

Well ....   Ba Ba Black sheep have you any wool ....  lol

so who exactly were these '  Australian expats '  that were offended    ?

Right there with you Stevie Weevy....Free, open and honest discussion of EVEYTHING should be part of any civilized society. Wouldn't you agree? We cant have politicians and the like telling us what we can and cannot say....people being put in cars and driven away to undisclosed locations in the middle of the night.....Right there with yuh big felluh!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, condobrit001 said:

The Embassy staff clearly have too much time on their hands. It would be better spent trying to secure vaccinations for its subjects.

EXACTLY RIGHT! Lame jokes = who cares? Try doing as the French have..............send vac's for your citizens!

Let them go to your MASSIVE complex and get a jab, without all the ENDLESS Thai BS registration con job web sites that don't work, close down before 9am, etc etc, etc..............

15 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Someone would have to be a particularly pathetic individual to become offended by this... 

No. A serious  citizen appalled  by diplomatic service incompetence would be disgusted by this stupid waste of time during time of medical  crisis. The perpetrators  should be named, shamed and fired and prosecuted

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Hello ,

I find taking any statement seriously at all as so ridiculous !! Coming from a Government with Failing Covid-19 Policies and Failing Covid-19 Vaccination Policies and Absolutely !! Wasting Time , Money and Efforts on a Ridiculous Phuket Sandbox Scheme during a Pandemic ???? When the only thing they should focusing there efforts besides there useless comments is to FOCUS ON MUCH MORE !! Humanitarian and Empathy Efforts in getting more good vaccine choices and Improving ALL !! THERE COVID POLICIES PERIOD !!  

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Old Croc said:

Finding that pathetic offering unfunny doesn't mean you lack a sense of humour, perhaps just one a little above kindergarten level or from this century. 

I'm sure the Ambassador himself doesn't do inane postings on Thai Facebook sites, and the poster who did will already have had a talking to about her lack of judgement concerning sensitive issues.

For those who have never previously heard of avocado toast it may be time to plan a refresher trip back into the world where you would find breakfast menus in much of the western world have dishes based around this.

I occasionally have it for breakfast here in Thailand.  Avacardo trees are an up and coming crop in rural areas.  We've planted a number of trees on our property and have found an eager market in Bangkok for fruit from a neighbors farm.

2 years ago, I went to a Brighton cafe for breakfast. I had avacado on toast and it was lovely. Cost me $30 for the breakfast though. My avacado tree died recently, Isarn is not an ideal place to grow them unless well shaded. 

our ozzie humour shared by the Embassy, comes from our inbuilt larriken ways of making light out of troubled times.

Even the fuddy duddy ABC sometimes comes out with their own gems:  

a youtube copy of an actual recent ABC TV programme skit accessible still via ABC iView online

(571) Have COVID, Will Travel | Sammy J (S4 Ep20) - YouTube

15 hours ago, steven100 said:

what nonsense ......    the politically correct brigade again. Why don't they get a life,  can't say this,  can't say that bs.

Well ....   Ba Ba Black sheep have you any wool ....  lol

I worry about when a generation of the political correctness and 'ice-crystal' brigade finally take the reins of political power.  My guess is that the result will be something between Stalinism and 1984.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, condobrit001 said:

The Embassy staff clearly have too much time on their hands. It would be better spent trying to secure vaccinations for its subjects.

Actually agreed.  That's like the literally thousands of dance routines performed by hospital workers since March 2020.
My question has always been, "Who is paying these relatively high-paid healthcare professional to choreographic and video dance routines?", and "Why aren't they taking care of the millions of Covid patients that the government assured us were over-burdening the NHS and other hospital systems world-wide?"
"You don't have a sense of humor!"
Your right.  Not when I'm seeing waste, fraud, and abuse in hospital settings during a declared "pandemic" when we were being told daily by the MSM, NHS, and governments that hospitals couldn't handle the massive influx of Covid patients - and then we got dancing fools in scrubs on Youtube making a mockery of it all as we were told that tens of thousands were dying.
So no - that's neither entertaining or funny.
Share a joke instead.  You're not wasting $10,000 an hour in human resources creating dancing Youtube videos.  And by the way - what about all the patients when these Youtube videos were published during the "Deadly First Wave" (and the second and third)?

Think about that for awhile.
Want to be outraged? There's something to be outraged about. 
mRNA jokes?  <laughs> 

Edited by connda
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, Molly Malone said:

EXACTLY RIGHT! Lame jokes = who cares? Try doing as the French have..............send vac's for your citizens!

Let them go to your MASSIVE complex and get a jab, without all the ENDLESS Thai BS registration con job web sites that don't work, close down before 9am, etc etc, etc..............

https://th.usembassy.gov/a-message-to-american-citizens-in-thailand-from-charge-daffaires-michael-heath/   Still cant believe the US Embassy said this

24 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

2 years ago, I went to a Brighton cafe for breakfast. I had avacado on toast and it was lovely. Cost me $30 for the breakfast though. My avacado tree died recently, Isarn is not an ideal place to grow them unless well shaded. 

A friend brought me some avocado seeds from South Africa. I grew two.  They never produced fruit and eventually died when about twelve metres high.  A lack of regular rainfall I'm guessing. But when in season they are available here in Sattahip and cheap. I guess they are grown in the durian area of Rayong. Off topic maybe but as pom, just coming the raw prawn.????

3 hours ago, Ralf001 said:

And here I thought Aussies had a sense of humor.... there is that avocado toast thing though, sounds rancid.

As an American I've found the only thing I have in common with Australia is the Rocky road ice cream ????

3 hours ago, Benmart said:

I don't believe any of it. I'll ask my Aussie expat-friend if he is offended, while he have coffee this morning.????

As an Oz I'm not offended its part of our culture to make jokes and see the lighter side of problems. She'll be right mate.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

$30.00 for breakfast it would have to be a 1 inch thick T bone, baked potato, salad and large glass of iced sweet tea with unlimited refills 

• Like 1