SURVEY: Vaccination--what's your plan?

Scott

SURVEY: Vaccination--what's your plan?  

325 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I do not want nor need any vaccine because my chance of severe COVID outcome is close to zero - I'm young and healthy, without "underlying conditions", however it seems that I have to get a vaccine for travel. Of course, that must be a worldwide recognized vaccine not the Chinese shít which allows travel to China only. Unfortunately the worldwide recognized vaccines are not available here in Thailand.

So here is my plan: my yearly business visa extension ends in September. If I will be able to walk in to any hospital, pay for Pfizer/Moderna/Astrazeneca and immediately get it, without waiting for months, at the end of August or beginning of September, then I will extend my visa and stay in Thailand for one more year.

But thinking clearly I'm actually considering on how do I get back to my home country, where do I stay and how do I send all the stuff there.

Voted for  "I will only take one of the vaccines approved by a Western Country. "

9 minutes ago, fdsa said:

my chance of severe COVID outcome is close to zero - I'm young and healthy, without "underlying conditions",

You really are mistaken or somewhat naive about this virus and especially the Delta variant.

It doesn't decipher who is young & healthy,  it doesn't care if you have no underlying condition .......   

Covid19 can kill you if you become infected.   Please wise up and take care. 

As for your travel plans  .... yes you have to have a negative test result just prior to flying,  you may have to quarantine 14 days at your destination ......   Check with the rules & regulations on the country you are entering.

On another note ......   you may not just be able to walk in and buy a Pfizer or Moderna vaccine shot in August, September, Oct ....  maybe January 2022 ....  I wouldn't count on getting it that easy.  

• Confused 1

58 minutes ago, rioD said:

Sounds like someone's paranoid and existing in fear

Was it necessary for you to launch an obnoxious personal attack? 

Here's my substantive reply:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/patrickwwatson/2021/06/14/the-long-covid-economy/

The evidence grows daily that there are something like six to eight long-haulers for each COVID death. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

On 7/18/2021 at 3:26 PM, tomazbodner said:

I'm booked for Moderna. The more I read the news, the less I believe I'd get it anytime soon, if ever.

- Over 9 million registered of which most if not all paid at private hospitals

Yep, the survey didn't have much flex, so I didn't make a selection. I'll probably end up getting vaccinated with the Moderna unless a better one is finally approved. I'll book at a hospital and pay for it. I do not see why the US government should be supplying it for us expats who chose to live outside its boarders. 

1 hour ago, superal said:

Thailand's infection rate is on the up and there are no reasons why they will be any different from Indian or Indonesian numbers .

Better infrastructure here, fewer people to get vaccinated before herd immunity, and as mentioned earlier, it's not a lack of funding problem, it's more of a poor management situation (like America for all of last year pretty much).  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Aforek said:

Covid is approching my moo ban now, here nobody has got vaccine , except me, Janssen with French embassy 

don't know how it is compared to Moderna or Pfizer, but I heard good things , I was vaccinated 20 days ago, no effects, fever, headache etc ( I am 71 years old ) 

sorry to hear people coming back to their  country to get vaccine

I have read that two jabs of Astra zeneca give a good protection, even with Delta variant 

Janssen is as good as the other two.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, steven100 said:

On another note ......   you may not just be able to walk in and buy a Pfizer or Moderna vaccine shot in August, September, Oct ....  maybe January 2022 ....  I wouldn't count on getting it that easy.  

hence the second part of my message - about relocating back home :biggrin:

21 hours ago, rioD said:

I'm no fan of Pharmaceuticals or any of the vaccines so I will never take a COVID vaccination.  I workout daily, eat healthy and fuel my natural immune system with vitamins, herbs and healthy living. Besides we all die sooner or later and I have zero fear of death when my time comes. Live life to the fullest without fear or simply exist while fearing the inevitable.

please write to us from you ICU bed if you have the strength. Any regrets?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

I m booked into a local private hospital for moderna and its paid for, I was booked in to a private hospital and paid for in Bangkok as a doctors family member but because I am not thai they removed me from the queue. I will have to wait and see what happens here, should be right but the wait could be quite long

On 7/19/2021 at 3:35 PM, rioD said:

I'm no fan of Pharmaceuticals or any of the vaccines so I will never take a COVID vaccination.  I workout daily, eat healthy and fuel my natural immune system with vitamins, herbs and healthy living. Besides we all die sooner or later and I have zero fear of death when my time comes. Live life to the fullest without fear or simply exist while fearing the inevitable.

If you have no fear of death, why workout daily and try to fuel your immune system with healthy <deleted>?

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

On 7/19/2021 at 6:40 PM, steven100 said:

You really are mistaken or somewhat naive about this virus and especially the Delta variant.

It doesn't decipher who is young & healthy,  it doesn't care if you have no underlying condition .......   

Covid19 can kill you if you become infected.   Please wise up and take care. 

As for your travel plans  .... yes you have to have a negative test result just prior to flying,  you may have to quarantine 14 days at your destination ......   Check with the rules & regulations on the country you are entering.