Stay home measure imposed by CCSA as COVID-19 pandemic worsens in Thailand

webfact

2 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

The topic heading is "Stay home measure imposed...."

Why is my Homepro Ratchada showing its currently open, same as it was yesterday?

Think I might go shopping for sandwich press. 

Because it doesn't start until tomorrow.  However, maybe HomePro is considered essential?

1 hour ago, DrJack54 said:

Nice dance around the park, basically you provide zero information.

So once more.....Can I catch MRT and Airport rail to Phyathai hospital tomorrow. It's not urgent, just blood checks for common issues. So is that allowed?? Guesses not acceptable.

Of course it is allowed.  But if you're worried about Covid, stay at home.  

7 hours ago, Oxx said:

Does this apply to delivery riders? Taxi drivers?

What about walking the dog? Surely that poses no risk.

As long as you walk it to a market, hospital or your place of work. Surely that's  clear to you? (Warning, traces of sarcasm)

2 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Of course it is allowed.  But if you're worried about Covid, stay at home.  

It's not essential. Basically a check up.

"Of course it's allowed"? Your confident.

Where are the guidelines/rules clearly stated.

Just now, DrJack54 said:

It's not essential. Basically a check up.

"Of course it's allowed"? Your confident.

Where are the guidelines/rules clearly stated.

You're just being deliberately obtuse (not for the first time!).  There won't be a detailed list of what is and what isn't considered necessary or essential.  If you're concerned and don't think it's essential - don't go!  If you think it's essential or necessary, go!  The police are not going to be stopping people in the street and questioning you.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, nobodysfriend said:

Highly contagious Delta variant means people should avoid any unnecessary contact . They should use their phones instead to order food , medicines etc .

If there is no delivery service yet , need to set up one as soon as possible .

Of course, the burden falls on the poor, the delivery drivers, the supermarket workers, the factory workers. If govt looked after construction labourers & vaccinated them, all the mega-projects could be finished while the streets are traffic free.

Driving through a lock down area would be OK I presume, in November I have to go to the German embassy from Surin, straight in and straight out again, I can see these lock downs lasting into December and beyond but how the Thai economy is going fare is anybody's guess.

41 minutes ago, PETERTHEEATER said:
8 hours ago, Oxx said:

What about walking the dog? Surely that poses no risk.

As long as you walk it to a market, hospital or your place of work. Surely that's  clear to you? (Warning, traces of sarcasm)

I'm not going to walk Fufu to a market, hospital, or palace of work.  Miniature white poodles, whilst great guard dogs, are very sensitive and might get sick.

On 7/15/2021 at 8:30 AM, mrfill said:

But this isn't an 'unpopular alternative view', it is exposing fraud (or 'fear mongering' as her opponents would say). I think we both know whose fear is being mongered....

Life on the farm, always a good place to be but especially in a pandemic 

IMG_20210626_170437.jpg

• Like 1

6 hours ago, nobodysfriend said:

Highly contagious Delta variant means people should avoid any unnecessary contact . They should use their phones instead to order food , medicines etc .

Big holiday comin ! Many will be heading to their villages all around Thailand ! They even set up P stations to accommodate travelers ! WTH is goin on ! 

I'll never cease to be surprised about the artful and creative juggling of several self-contradicting approaches by the govt:

• "Opening up soon" - to keep the businesses happy and on hopium
  • "Stay at home" / red areas - to keep the anxiety-ridden Thais watching Covid-News 12 hrs a day happy
  • "Vaccines soon" - hopium for the masses, while latest data (Israel, Malta etc.) shows that they don't protect, just reduce damage by a tiny bit
  • "Buy land and easy visas" - for the super-rich (who prefer to travel to really free countries these days anyway, but anyway)

8 hours ago, Wiggy said:

I can’t see it applying to delivery drivers, and some may need to take a taxi to buy necessary items, or travel to a vaccination site. 

Walking a dog isn’t necessary, so I guess that’s forbidden, unless you take your dog to the supermarket. 

Walking a dog is necessary for it to perform certain bodily functions! ???? I believe it's called "house trained" where it is trained not to perform these functions in the house! 

12 hours ago, Soikhaonoiken said:

Here we go again,  will this Government ever get this virus under control.... 

Its been 'under control' here and in the prisons for a long time....you just dont understand what 'under control' means in Thailand.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, nobodysfriend said:

But my phone doesnt have an anti-virus??

6 hours ago, robblok said:

Yes of course they slow things down, that is what I have been saying and without vaccination there would be no point.

Its all about keeping the health system from collapsing. Then numbers of deaths will skyrocket. 

Health systems don't "collapse", they just get over-stretched.

Deaths won't necessarily "skyrocket", though they will increase.

Fixed your emotive language.

The problem with lockdowns is that the moment they are relaxed, transmission increases, and lockdowns cannot be sustained for years. And because lockdowns won't work alone, all faith is being piled onto vaccination. Faith is the word. The available "vaccines" are of only partial efficacy and will become less effective as the virus keeps on changing. Vaccinations need to be repeated (how often?) and vaccination itself will never be universal. I don't see it as the panacea.

The virus will be around until it morphs itself naturally out of existence, as happened with Spanish Flu. That may well take several years (and who knows whether slowing down transmission in the meantime will actually prolong the process?) You can try hiding from it for the sake of the old and infirm, but it's like trying to keep humidity out of a room - at some point you have to open the door and it will all rush back in. Moreover, the strategy seems to me like simple cowardice - and even ill-advised from an objective evolutionary biology perspective. Long after this is all over the scientists will look back on this and tell us how wrong we got it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mr Derek said:

Health systems don't "collapse", they just get over-stretched.

Deaths won't necessarily "skyrocket", though they will increase.

Fixed your emotive language.

The problem with lockdowns is that the moment they are relaxed, transmission increases, and lockdowns cannot be sustained for years. And because lockdowns won't work alone, all faith is being piled onto vaccination. Faith is the word. The available "vaccines" are of only partial efficacy and will become less effective as the virus keeps on changing. Vaccinations need to be repeated (how often?) and vaccination itself will never be universal. I don't see it as the panacea.

The virus will be around until it morphs itself naturally out of existence, as happened with Spanish Flu. That may well take several years (and who knows whether slowing down transmission in the meantime will actually prolong the process?) You can try hiding from it for the sake of the old and infirm, but it's like trying to keep humidity out of a room - at some point you have to open the door and it will all rush back in. Moreover, the strategy seems to me like simple cowardice - and even ill-advised from an objective evolutionary biology perspective. Long after this is all over the scientists will look back on this and tell us how wrong we got it.

If you look at Italy where they did triage because there were not enough beds and India and Brazil too. Then yes health systems do collapse. Then death rates do skyrocket (depends of the definition but 2 to 4 times as much deaths is normal then. I call that skyrocketing.

The vaccines except Shinovax help they don't always prevent transmission but they do prevent the complications you could get in a large part of the cases. In my country we got loads of infections now as we opened up and not everyone is vaccinated yet but the deaths stay low because the vaccine keeps people out of hospitals.

So sure if you want to sacrifice some people so you can have fun then sure. However its not needed once vaccination is high enough death rates drop and opening up can be done and infections are far less harmful.

Sure there might be booster shots needed but that is not the problem. As long as the death rate and rate of complications drops because of the vaccines then that is all what is needed.

8 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Seems to rely on having vaccines.

Thailand does not. 

Correct, Thailand is in big trouble so lockdown makes sense. Problem is this will be a long drawn out lockdown as you said there are no vaccines.

Just checked the Dutch states today 10.000+ cases just one death and only 4 in ICU. We have delivered 18 million shots on a population bit smaller then 18 million. If you exclude kids then our vaccination levels are getting quite high. Each week do around 1.1 to 1.4 million jabs. So a month or two and we will have everyone (besides kids and those who dont want it) vaccinated.

But this just shows that even though vaccines dont prevent infection they do prevent hospital admissions and deaths.

Edited by robblok

On 7/19/2021 at 1:10 PM, Confuscious said:

Where can I see in what color zone I live?

Coronavirus Disease 2019 ( COVID -19) Situation Administrative Center Order No. 10/2564

Re: The designated situation area is the highest and strict control area.
maximum control area control area and high surveillance area According to the requirements issued under Section 9 of the Emergency Decree on Public Administration B.E. 2548 as follows:
1. The highest and strict control area in 13 provinces 

2. The highest control area in 53 provinces
3. The control area in 10 provinces
4. High surveillance area 1 province

See more

218979878_355437559399487_5536865712370912594_n.jpg