Stay home measure imposed by CCSA as COVID-19 pandemic worsens in Thailand

webfact

21 minutes ago, Clydesdale said:

It shouldn't be too difficult to take your mutt with you for its walk while you are also doing a necessary task e.g. go to convenience store, pharmacy, ATM....

Most folk in Bangkok who live in condos don't have a mutt. 

32 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

The topic heading is "Stay home measure imposed...."

Why is my Homepro Ratchada showing its currently open, same as it was yesterday?

Think I might go shopping for sandwich press. 

Stay-at-home decree starts tomorrow (Tuesday).

• Like 1

This is a paper published in a major scientific journal that has been peer reviewed.
https://academic.oup.com/ije/article/50/2/410/6146069

Further, this paper got independently fact checked. Quote from the linked article above: 

But Stanford University was so cowed by the online uproar that it subjected the researchers to a two-month fact-finding inquiry by an outside legal firm. The inquiry found no evidence of conflict of interest, but the smear campaign succeeded in sending a clear message to scientists everywhere: Don’t question the lockdown narrative.”

This is basically proof  that you can’t just go out “and find links to support any point of view, even if your view is the earth is flat”. 

3 hours ago, nobodysfriend said:

Highly contagious Delta variant means people should avoid any unnecessary contact . They should use their phones instead to order food , medicines etc .

If there is no delivery service yet , need to set up one as soon as possible .

Villa just upped their delivery charge from 90 to 150 baht. Nice timing Villa!

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, J Town said:

This is an ignorant statement. Virtually 100% of those dying in US hospitals from Covid are unvaccinated. It is right wing media pushing this narrative.

Yes. Vaccine is the only effective tool we have. 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, J Town said:

Stay-at-home decree starts tomorrow (Tuesday).

Yes I notice few things such as banks in shopping centres closed etc.

Just wonder what it means in practice.

I don't like to bring other countries into it but for one example....Oz have VERY clearly defined rules for lockdown.

Example very clear list of reasons to be outside. 

I'm just looking for clarity as to what the new (revised) list of rules are for deep red zones.

5 minutes ago, utalkin2me said:

Yes. Vaccine is the only effective tool we have.

And to 'buy time' especially when there is clear lack of supply of vaccine, you impose various forms of restrictions of movement and interaction.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Yes I notice few things such as banks in shopping centres closed etc.

Just wonder what it means in practice.

I don't like to bring other countries into it but for one example....Oz have VERY clearly defined rules for lockdown.

Example very clear list of reasons to be outside. 

I'm just looking for clarity as to what the new (revised) list of rules are for deep red zones.

Stay at home decree one would assume means "stay at home".   Do not go out except for food and do this minimally.   Do not receive guests in your home.    I thought you wanted this so why look for loopholes?  

6 minutes ago, James105 said:

Stay at home decree one would assume means "stay at home".   Do not go out except for food and do this minimally.   Do not receive guests in your home.    I thought you wanted this so why look for loopholes?  

Why does 1+1= 5 for you.

I simply want to clearly know the rules in order to comply. Your simplistic interpretation means nothing.

For example I had intended to check my bloods this week at my hospital which involves MRT and airport Line.

Can I do that. What evidence would be required. 

Frankly to me sounds like your not even in Thailand.

Edited by DrJack54

After being a model expat with no company since mid April, I'm glad I took a reckless gamble and had company over on Saturday. You know you had a smashing time/are out of limber when every muscle in your lower body group aches two days later. 

I'm not sure we're a dark red province yet (nobel prize in comprehension for anyone still following this Marx Brothers remake) but I'm glad I went all in, I should be good till October, when I'll either be vaxxed or barbequed at a wat.

Just now, chalawaan said:

After being a model expat with no company since mid April, I'm glad I took a reckless gamble and had company over on Saturday. You know you had a smashing time/are out of limber when every muscle in your lower body group aches two days later. 

I'm not sure we're a dark red province yet (nobel prize in comprehension for anyone still following this Marx Brothers remake) but I'm glad I went all in, I should be good till October, when I'll either be vaxxed or barbequed at a wat.

I used to be on the fringe, about a half dozen of us getting together most Saturdays for beers and laughs. Honest to gawd we're gonna try a Zoom meeting this Saturday.

• Haha 1

The virus is ubiquitous. Lockdowns might well keep someone from catching Covid from a stranger, but families cluttered together in a small home just means one can catch it from a relative. Odds are equal someone in your family is as likely to be a carrier as a person on the street, but both are masked up in the latter case and both are likely unmasked and much closer together for much longer periods in the former case. It's unlikely people will follow the new advice to wear a mask even at home (plus clean your fridge?).

The most insidious feature of Covid---vs SARS or MERS---is that it can be passed by folks showing no symptoms. THAT trait is what allowed it to go worldwide so quickly. SARS and MERS--and I'll toss in Ebola---are easy to ringfence, because the infected are kind of obvious. Chinese New Year, and its associated travel, allowed the initial virus to go everywhere. Subsequent variants followed the same style of transmission, carried by folks with no symptoms and passing it to folks who were vulnerable.

Perhaps the streets will be filled with Grab and Foodpanda drivers, as 1) folks still have to eat, and 2) delivery has only two points of contact (waitstaff-driver and driver-end customer). Any attempt to limit grocery store times will just force more folks together. It would make more sense to allow 7-11s and Food markets to stay open longer, as well as restaurants, as someone could choose to go pick up 'milk and eggs' at 0200 rather than in the crowd at 1730, or order a burger or Panang Gai at 2030 instead of the forced stoppage at 2000.

The more one thinks about it, total lockdowns seem to be more 'do something for the sake of doing something', than any truly effective means of halting virus spread.

Of course experts undoubtedly know much more than I, and perhaps I'm biased because one of my alma maters issued a study questioning the logic behind total lockdowns (Stanford University), but there seem to be better ways to limit interpersonal contact than having everybody meet up at the same place during limited hours of operation of the places people need to go.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Why does 1+1= 5 for you.

I simply want to clearly know the rules in order to comply. Your simplistic interpretation means nothing.

For example I had intended to check my bloods this week at my hospital which involves MRT and airport Line.

Can I do that. What evidence would be required. 

Frankly to me sounds like your not even in Thailand.

I just find it tiring to see the same kind of response from virtually everyone who wants a lockdown.   As soon as one is announced instead of being grateful that their wish has been granted (at the great expense of many others lives and livelihoods), they immediately start questioning the lockdown and whether or not they can do this or that.    It's not just you.   Whilst people who demand lockdowns are now worrying about whether or not they can walk the dog (as an example), someone else is worrying about how on earth they are going to feed their families and simply survive now that their ability to make any kind of income has been taken away.   

1 minute ago, James105 said:

I just find it tiring to see the same kind of response from virtually everyone who wants a lockdown.   As soon as one is announced instead of being grateful that their wish has been granted (at the great expense of many others lives and livelihoods), they immediately start questioning the lockdown and whether or not they can do this or that.    It's not just you.   Whilst people who demand lockdowns are now worrying about whether or not they can walk the dog (as an example), someone else is worrying about how on earth they are going to feed their families and simply survive now that their ability to make any kind of income has been taken away.   

Nice dance around the park, basically you provide zero information.

So once more.....Can I catch MRT and Airport rail to Phyathai hospital tomorrow. It's not urgent, just blood checks for common issues. So is that allowed?? Guesses not acceptable.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Condo Garden?, I know many folks that have their little pocket rocket dogs that live in not only our condo but the surrounding condos as well. 

Normally pets are banned in condos

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, James105 said:

I'm one of those who question the method of lockdown, not the idea per se.

If I were a phoofy metrosexual general and self-appointed ruler seemingly answerable to no one, I would do two things:

1) Open the coffers of Thailand's (supposed) huge FX reserves and distribute to folks hammered by the shutdowns and loss of tourism, etc. My submarine and space program can wait.

2) EXPAND the hours where restaurants and food stores are open so as to limit crowding. I would encourage delivery, too, as that minimizes interpersonal contact.

2a) Beg, borrow and steal to get mRNA vaccines in country and in arms as soon as possible

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Nice dance around the park, basically you provide zero information.

So once more.....Can I catch MRT and Airport rail to Phyathai hospital tomorrow. It's not urgent, just blood checks for common issues. So is that allowed?? Guesses not acceptable.

You answered your own question haven't you?  I am sure all 10 million people in Bangkok have a non-urgent task or activity they would like to carry out.   What is your opinion on whether they should or not?  I'm actually the wrong person to ask as I believe that people should be able to make their own judgements and assess their own risks with the full knowledge there is a nasty virus going around and do not believe anyone other than children need parents to make these judgements for them, so I would always say yes, do what you need to do.   

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Walker88 said:

The virus is ubiquitous. Lockdowns might well keep someone from catching Covid from a stranger, but families cluttered together in a small home just means one can catch it from a relative. Odds are equal someone in your family is as likely to be a carrier as a person on the street, but both are masked up in the latter case and both are likely unmasked and much closer together for much longer periods in the former case. It's unlikely people will follow the new advice to wear a mask even at home (plus clean your fridge?).

The most insidious feature of Covid---vs SARS or MERS---is that it can be passed by folks showing no symptoms. THAT trait is what allowed it to go worldwide so quickly. SARS and MERS--and I'll toss in Ebola---are easy to ringfence, because the infected are kind of obvious. Chinese New Year, and its associated travel, allowed the initial virus to go everywhere. Subsequent variants followed the same style of transmission, carried by folks with no symptoms and passing it to folks who were vulnerable.

Perhaps the streets will be filled with Grab and Foodpanda drivers, as 1) folks still have to eat, and 2) delivery has only two points of contact (waitstaff-driver and driver-end customer). Any attempt to limit grocery store times will just force more folks together. It would make more sense to allow 7-11s and Food markets to stay open longer, as well as restaurants, as someone could choose to go pick up 'milk and eggs' at 0200 rather than in the crowd at 1730, or order a burger or Panang Gai at 2030 instead of the forced stoppage at 2000.

The more one thinks about it, total lockdowns seem to be more 'do something for the sake of doing something', than any truly effective means of halting virus spread.

Of course experts undoubtedly know much more than I, and perhaps I'm biased because one of my alma maters issued a study questioning the logic behind total lockdowns (Stanford University), but there seem to be better ways to limit interpersonal contact than having everybody meet up at the same place during limited hours of operation of the places people need to go.

Yes, the logic of restricting hours is about as wise as spraying the streets with toilet disinfectant. But they'll learn the hard way, by rote, as ever they did since kindy.

Why should Thailand have to beg arrow or steal to get the vaccines? They manufacture AZ here in Thailand, Oh! I forgot, they export it, to earn more money instead of vaccinating Thais and farangs that live here!

1 hour ago, Genix said:

Actually it seems technically it's not a law but rather a suggestion...

I have a flight at 9 PM this week and was wondering what's gonna happen... I emailed Thai Elite about it and they said there is no curfew but it's rather a suggested (This was last week, not sure about these new updates).

But yes, all shops close and wouldn't doubt if a cop may give you problems even if it's not "law".

Personally I would not call "being TOLD not to leave their residences" (unquote) a suggestion 

51 minutes ago, J Town said:

I used to be on the fringe, about a half dozen of us getting together most Saturdays for beers and laughs. Honest to gawd we're gonna try a Zoom meeting this Saturday.

Max 5 persons of which only 1 drinking alcohol..;;lol

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Condo Garden?, I know many folks that have their little pocket rocket dogs that live in not only our condo but the surrounding condos as well. 

If you live in a condo you shouldn’t have a dog. My condo has sensibly banned them.