Stay home measure imposed by CCSA as COVID-19 pandemic worsens in Thailand

webfact

13 minutes ago, whiteflight said:

What about travelling to immigration???  When are they going to announce postponing of 90 day / renewal requirements like they did last year??  Or are just sacrificing foreigners???

I guess it would be considered as "necessary", as would getting new Extensions of Stay and other vital government business!

This looks like a hard lockdown now. I think it's the only way at the moment, especially not having vaccines and with this delta variant around

Now I remember situations like this one in Spain during our lockdown. People taking out fake dogs to leave home for a while lool Several like this made the news here, hilarious xddd

Jokes aside, I'm in favour of a hard lockdown now that the situation is out of control in Thailand but they need to be careful and learn from other countries because at least here our 3-month lockdown and all the fear that came after broke mentally a lot of people. A poll by our main sociological institute says that still 15% of the population don't want to leave their homes... The mental impact of these measures is a serious issue.

1584433990_824841_1584436046_noticia_normal_recorte1.jpg

Edited by dan42
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, utalkin2me said:

You do understand people die from depression, drug and substance abuse, domestic violence and god knows what else during these lockdowns right? I mean I just assume people know this stuff by now. 

Read it again: lockdown is covid PLUS all the negative effects of a lockdown. No lockdown, at least people are able to work and survive and not die or all the things discussed above. You don’t half ass a lockdown and have it be effective. 

You do understand people were dying of these things long before Covid too? They still would be in the absence of lockdown, surrounded by people (friends and relatives)  getting sick and dying in large numbers and unable to get treatment in bursting at the seams medical facilities. It may even exacerbate the numbers. 

• Like 2

I have a simple, three step plan to bring the country back to prosperity.

If the population was vaccinated there would be no need for a lockdown.

Step one:   Buy vaccines for everyone.

Step two:    Inject vaccines into everyone

Step three:  Sit back and watch the economy improve

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

So you don’t like lockdowns, we get it.

Bottom line: restrictions can hold virus spreading in check until vaccination is available.

But Thai people are not restricted. Go to a market. 

I actually agree with you. If you can do a bars on doors and windows four week shut in, China style, that would work. How can you possibly think anything short of that will work? One person started all of this. You can look at infection curves, they don’t just drop off when countries went into lockdowns, they peak and taper naturally. 

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Johnny Mac said:

Well I'm glad you're enjoying it and it's given you something to do.

My 2 pennies worth....we are <deleted>!

Its obviously keeping you interested enough to comment so win win right.................

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

You do understand people were dying of these things long before Covid too? They still would be in the absence of lockdown, surrounded by people (friends and relatives)  getting sick and dying in large numbers and unable to get treatment in bursting at the seams medical facilities. It may even exacerbate the numbers. 

Seriously man. Inform yourself. You can go down the line. Those number btw, far outweigh covid numbers, even in a single issue like drug overdoses. So imagine depression, abuse, undiagnosed cancer…

https://www.forbes.com/sites/carlieporterfield/2021/07/14/drug-overdose-deaths-surged-29-last-year-amid-covid-pandemic-cdc-says/?sh=6c54a1d734d9

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, utalkin2me said:

But Thai people are not restricted. Go to a market. 

I actually agree with you. If you can do a bars on doors and windows four week shut in, China style, that would work. How can you possibly think anything short of that will work? One person started all of this. You can look at infection curves, they don’t just drop off when countries went into lockdowns, they peak and taper naturally. 

The heavier the restrictions, the more effective in stopping the spread.

9 minutes ago, utalkin2me said:

Seriously man. Inform yourself. You can go down the line. Those number btw, far outweigh covid numbers, even in a single issue like drug overdoses. So imagine depression, abuse, undiagnosed cancer…

https://www.forbes.com/sites/carlieporterfield/2021/07/14/drug-overdose-deaths-surged-29-last-year-amid-covid-pandemic-cdc-says/?sh=6c54a1d734d9

Your entire argument is that drug overdoses in the US rose from 70,000 to 90,000 so lockdowns are bad? You do know that 600,000 have died from Covid in the US.

Since most of those overdoses occurred in states where restrictions were the lowest, I am not sure what’s your point.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, clivebaxter said:

Does not seem to be info about the penalties for those caught not obeying ze orders, not that there is much chance of that anyway

The problem is in trying to go to, for example, Koh Larn on the ferry, or just going to the beach, is now technically illegal.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, utalkin2me said:

That article is simply drug deaths and does not encompass the full scope of your argument. They were a serious concern before Covid and were already on the upward trend. It is relating solely to the USA, Covid is global. 

The coronavirus pandemic and resulting lockdown and recession were contributing factors, health officials said, adding that treatment and support for drug addiction became harder for many to access last year.

Convenient to blame Covid....

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Danderman123 said:

Once the virus has got to this stage of infection, I can't see any restrictions that can be implemented that will make much difference.    No country has managed to get it under control when it is so out of control.   There are simply too many people needed to continue to go to work so the power stays on, we can buy food, get medicine, carry out other essential tasks such as visiting immigration every 90 days to do some paperwork etc.   

We are on the march to 50,000 infections per day and whilst heavier restrictions may take it a bit longer to reach that point, unless financial compensation is given to those that can no longer make an income due to restrictions (highly unlikely in this country) then the cure is worse than the disease.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Wiggy said:

I can’t see it applying to delivery drivers, and some may need to take a taxi to buy necessary items, or travel to a vaccination site. 

Walking a dog isn’t necessary, so I guess that’s forbidden, unless you take your dog to the supermarket. 

Right, just tell the dog to use the chamber pot and then dump it out a second floor window like in the pre-rennasaince.

36 minutes ago, Tracyb said:

I have a simple, three step plan to bring the country back to prosperity.

If the population was vaccinated there would be no need for a lockdown.

Step one:   Buy vaccines for everyone.

Step two:    Inject vaccines into everyone

Step three:  Sit back and watch the economy improve

A simple solution to be sure BUT, where do they get the money to buy the vaccines? It has all been spent on military hardware and shipped to off shore accounts.

35 minutes ago, utalkin2me said:

Your funny, you don't know anything at all. So there were about 20k extra overdoses in the US there were 608K deaths from covid. So how does that number outweigh it. You do know that outweigh means that the extra overdoses should be more then the covid deaths.

I understand some people don't like lockdowns. I don't like them but I understand why they are used. To curb spread till enough people are vaccinated. Without it the death numbers we have now will be minor in comparison. The problem is not the death rate of covid as it is now (and lets not forget about the 10% long covid cases) but the fact that when healthcare agencies are overflowing those numbers will skyrocket. 

Im not sure how anyone does not understand that. Then again there is a large group of people who think fun is more important then (relative) safety.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, utalkin2me said:

Why do we have the delta variant? Border are closed. It proves border closure does nothing. So, open the borders.

What Thailand is doing is worst of all worlds. They have the virus running rampant, which it will do no matter what, and they are starving and restricting their own people. 

Because virus always be virus'ing

19 minutes ago, James105 said:

Once the virus has got to this stage of infection, I can't see any restrictions that can be implemented that will make much difference.    No country has managed to get it under control when it is so out of control.   There are simply too many people needed to continue to go to work so the power stays on, we can buy food, get medicine, carry out other essential tasks such as visiting immigration every 90 days to do some paperwork etc.   

We are on the march to 50,000 infections per day and whilst heavier restrictions may take it a bit longer to reach that point, unless financial compensation is given to those that can no longer make an income due to restrictions (highly unlikely in this country) then the cure is worse than the disease.

This is the “Covid is going to kill us all anyway, so we might as well die happy” argument.

The flaw in your argument is that sufficient restrictions may cause the march to 50,000 infections to slow down, thereby saving the lives of thousands of people.

• Like 2

Just now, Danderman123 said:

This is the “Covid is going to kill us all anyway, so we might as well die happy” argument.

The flaw in your argument is that sufficient restrictions may cause the march to 50,000 infections to slow down, thereby saving the lives of thousands of people.

So what restrictions would you impose that you think will make a difference now that the virus infections is up to almost 12 thousand a day?  

Who in his right mind likes lockdowns, i sure as hell don't. I also dont like them. My life and that of many people has become boring. I am not an outgoing person at all. I like my home i like entertaining myself there however i am bored too.

I hate that its hard to see my parents or to do anything fun in Thailand right now. I am not super scared of the virus but I am scared of what will happen if the numbers get too high for the hospitals to cope with. We have seen Italy, Brazil, India all get far higher death rates because they could not help everyone.

That is what a lockdown is for to slow the spread so the virus. Lockdowns are used in all the countries in the world. So for those that doubt do you think everyone is wrong and you are right. 

Maybe more a bit of wanting something so much. I understand a lot of expats are retired and came here for fun and now there is no fun. Being locked up in a small condo nothing much to do. Not fun at all. I get that does not make the points of a lockdown less valid.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Its obviously keeping you interested enough to comment so win win right.................

Well, that's very original! Bet you are fun at parties.  I might start spending my 'life' on here, like yourself..

1 minute ago, Johnny Mac said:

Well, that's very original! Bet you are fun at parties.  I might start spending my 'life' on here, like yourself..

Welcome and look forward to a comment from you thats actually on topic and not about posters

43 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

3 minutes ago, robblok said:

Who in his right mind likes lockdowns, i sure as hell don't. I also dont like them. My life and that of many people has become boring. I am not an outgoing person at all. I like my home i like entertaining myself there however i am bored too.

I hate that its hard to see my parents or to do anything fun in Thailand right now. I am not super scared of the virus but I am scared of what will happen if the numbers get too high for the hospitals to cope with. We have seen Italy, Brazil, India all get far higher death rates because they could not help everyone.

That is what a lockdown is for to slow the spread so the virus. Lockdowns are used in all the countries in the world. So for those that doubt do you think everyone is wrong and you are right. 

Maybe more a bit of wanting something so much. I understand a lot of expats are retired and came here for fun and now there is no fun. Being locked up in a small condo nothing much to do. Not fun at all. I get that does not make the points of a lockdown less valid.

You have a lot of time to read during your lockdown

https://www.city-journal.org/panic-pandemic?wallit_nosession=1

https://academic.oup.com/cesifo/advance-article/doi/10.1093/cesifo/ifab003/6199605

• Haha 1