Why are international flights cancelled??

Genix

3 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

The link you provided does show some international departures , some already departed and some scheduled to depart .

It seems like there's many cancellations , but those cancellations were scheduled before Covid and got cancelled last year

In that case, would it still show all those flights and say "cancelled" on the 5-6 big screens at the airport?

I noticed in the video there was a flight to Doha today cancelled...

I'd imagine they would just put the actual flights suppose to happen and not flights scheduled for today 1 year ago?

• Like 1

i saw on the news yesterday that europe (theEU) will not allow anymore visitors  from thailand.

Not sure about the details.

in this case, airlines will start cancell flights, if because of the new rules and if because there are

no passengers.

thailand changed from green country, one of the few that were allowed into EU, to red country, level 3.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, SCOTT FITZGERSLD said:

i saw on the news yesterday that europe (theEU) will not allow anymore visitors  from thailand.

in this case, airlines will start cancell flights, if because of the new rules and if because there are

no passengers.

thailand changed from green country, one of the few that were allowed into EU, to red country, level 3.

Oh boy... I really hope I make it on Thursday before the US or Qatar puts Thailand as a not-allowed country.

Edited by Genix
  • Like 1

Qatar Airways 8033

QTR8033

/ QR8033

EXPECTED TO DEPART IN OVER 20 HOURS

BKKBANGKOK, THAILAND
DOHDOHA, QATAR
WEDNESDAY 21-JUL-202103:45PM +07
(on time)
WEDNESDAY 21-JUL-202106:10PM +03
(on time)

Hmm, according to Flightaware.com BKK to DOH is still go at 0345?  OF course it could still change.  Also, the flight from BKK to NRT on ANA left on time earlier.  
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, The Hammer2021 said:

It was only a matter of time before Thailand was red listed by Europe and UK due to it third world Covid-19 response. I imagine there are still flights leaving Thailand but on arrival in UK you will be required to do full hotel quarantine at your own expense.

Thailand is still on UKs Amber list and will be for another few weeks at least and thus hotel quarantine isnt necessary

1 minute ago, 86Tiger said:

Well, the flight I was on Sunday night from Doha to BKK had 35 passengers. They can’t continue to operate with that kinda payload.  So, I would suspect less flights sooner rather than later.  

When I arrived start of year I think it was only me in biz class and like 2-3 in economy... Qatar has been known (& takes pride) in the fact that they continued to fly even at low numbers to help transport people. But yah, wouldn't be surprised if they cut it to like 1 flight a week or so... just after Thursday please lol.

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Genix said:

When I arrived start of year I think it was only me in biz class and like 2-3 in economy... Qatar has been known (& takes pride) in the fact that they continued to fly even at low numbers to help transport people. But yah, wouldn't be surprised if they cut it to like 1 flight a week or so... just after Thursday please lol.

Qatar - wealthiest country in the world to go along with the 'takes pride', they'll keep flying - great clean birds, want to use them again BKK to Seattle in 5 or so months from now.........

Edited by CANSIAM
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Thailand is still on UKs Amber list and will be for another few weeks at least and thus hotel quarantine isnt necessary

OK. it's just a matter of time though I thought only 4 days notice was given in the case of Pakistan and India. People need to get out as soon as possible before the UK follows suit with the EU. Hotel  Quarantine conditions in UK are squalid and expensive. There is no reason to be here in Thailand if you have a place, family or friends in Britain. Nor is there any reason to plan a return to Thailand.

2 hours ago, The Hammer2021 said:

OK. it's just a matter of time though I thought only 4 days notice was given in the case of Pakistan and India. People need to get out as soon as possible before the UK follows suit with the EU. Hotel  Quarantine conditions in UK are squalid and expensive. There is no reason to be here in Thailand if you have a place, family or friends in Britain. Nor is there any reason to plan a return to Thailand.

https://www.ndtv.com/world-news/us-issues-do-not-travel-advisory-for-uk-amid-rise-in-covid-19-cases-2490272

no thanks..

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, from the home of CC said:

I was actually thinking of British people considering returning home or staying in Thailand. The rise in Covid cases is arising as the UK comes out of lockdown but serious illnesses, fatalities and hospitalization does not seem to match. There self isolation issue seems to be generated by the mis calibrated NHS app. However, in the UK there seems a sense of hope, a sense of a future, a sense that some progress has been made. Here in Thailand it appears people are just waiting to get sick or get arrested with inadequate medical care, no vaccine except for rich and foreigners, no welfare support scheme just worry and bitterness. I can see why the UK might seem a better option for people considering returning. There can be no reason to be in Thailand now. Joylous, autocratic, inefficient and frightening...Utterly devoid of charm and it won't change for years no matter what bonkers schemes the out of touch elite propose. 

18 minutes ago, The Hammer2021 said:

I was actually thinking of British people considering returning home or staying in Thailand. The rise in Covid cases is arising as the UK comes out of lockdown but serious illnesses, fatalities and hospitalization does not seem to match. There self isolation issue seems to be generated by the mis calibrated NHS app. However, in the UK there seems a sense of hope, a sense of a future, a sense that some progress has been made. Here in Thailand it appears people are just waiting to get sick or get arrested with inadequate medical care, no vaccine except for rich and foreigners, no welfare support scheme just worry and bitterness. I can see why the UK might seem a better option for people considering returning. There can be no reason to be in Thailand now. Joylous, autocratic, inefficient and frightening...Utterly devoid of charm and it won't change for years no matter what bonkers schemes the out of touch elite propose. 

as before, no thanks..

4 hours ago, SCOTT FITZGERSLD said:

They now require mandatory quarantine but that's up to each state to put measures in place.

Contrary to popular belief the 'EU' doesn't actually tell the countries what to do so some of them will do whatever they want to regardless of what the others think.

They certainly haven't stopped visitors from Thailand though, consider it the same as visitors to Thailand from the EU - when you arrive it's weeks of endless red tape and expensive hotel quarantines. Seems fair enough to me.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

It is if you fly through Doha, so I suspect the OP is not going to the UK.

2 hours ago, The Hammer2021 said:

Utterly devoid of charm and it won't change for years no matter what bonkers schemes the out of touch elite propose. 

Don't underestimate their ability to out-bonker their bonkerness....

3 hours ago, from the home of CC said:

And... I Just sawn a news report about the UK opening up with maskless clubbers dancing shoulder to shoulder.

Dancers interviewed were like naive children. 

Boris was saying we have to open up sometime - from quarantine lol. Shutdown incoming in 3,2,1...

On topic; I tried to book an EVA Air ticket from SeaTac to Samui+ via the sealed route and got "ERROR" message when confirming. Then Korean Air would book it but it was $3,200 an economy seat with 11.5 hour layover in BKK. No thanks.

Edited by ding

7 hours ago, The Hammer2021 said:

It was only a matter of time before Thailand was red listed by Europe and UK due to it third world Covid-19 response. I imagine there are still flights leaving Thailand but on arrival in UK you will be required to do full hotel quarantine at your own expense.

I think it's more to do with keeping the delta variant out of Europe and the USA.

Travel from the UK to the USA is also banned.

8 hours ago, treetops said:

It is if you fly through Doha, so I suspect the OP is not going to the UK.

Correct - flying BKK -> Doha -> Los Angeles

So far the US only banned India and a few other countries. Even Indonesia seems to be allowed and their cases are a lot worse.

19 hours ago, Genix said:

I saw my friend's IG story at the airport show the flight leaderboard all showing "cancelled"

A board full of flights with 9x% cancelled.

That is true since long.

Showing flights like nothing happened.

Don't know why they can't clean up the flight schedules.

I took this picture in June 2020:

(all three flights in green would be shown as cancelled today :biggrin:)

200622151316.jpg

Edited by KhunBENQ

18 hours ago, Genix said:

it was only me in biz class and like 2-3 in economy... 

Hahahah. Dude your posts are always hilarious, you always have one purpose. I never seen a guy constantly boasting his alleged wealth on a forum for retirees ????