Why are international flights cancelled??

Genix

15 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Are there flights from CM to BKK ?

I am sure to have read that Vietjet as the other domestic operators have shut down operation completely until at least end of July.

The flight would violate the official order that forbids domestic flights in/out deep red.

(with very few exceptions to Phuket and Samui)

Edited by KhunBENQ

Wasn't easy to find and only a message in Thai on their website.

All domestic flights suspended until August 1.

(for now)

A bit offtopic now...

Thread is about international flights.

Edited by KhunBENQ

12 hours ago, ding said:

And... I Just sawn a news report about the UK opening up with maskless clubbers dancing shoulder to shoulder.

Dancers interviewed were like naive children. 

Boris was saying we have to open up sometime - from quarantine lol. Shutdown incoming in 3,2,1...

On topic; I tried to book an EVA Air ticket from SeaTac to Samui+ via the sealed route and got "ERROR" message when confirming. Then Korean Air would book it but it was $3,200 an economy seat with 11.5 hour layover in BKK. No thanks.

Do you have mileage points with OneWorld or Star Alliance? These may still work with partner airlines and usually are easy to cancel or rebook.

I came with mileage points with Qatar mid January for an equivalent of around $350 USD one way.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

Wasn't easy to find and only a message in Thai on their website.

All domestic flights suspended until August 1.

(for now)

A bit offtopic now...

Thread is about international flights.

Yes, but I intended to fly from CM > BKK > UK and dont want to get a CM-UK flight if the CM > BKK leg will be cancelled . 

I just looked at their own website and they are taking bookings from Aug 1 st , everything prior to that is cancelled 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

I just looked at their own website and they are taking bookings from Aug 1 st , everything prior to that is cancelled 

You wrote "this Friday" "are there flights"

Answer no.

Will there be flights on/after Aug 1 is in the crystal ball.

I am surprised that they accept bookings for Aug 1 contrary their statement 21 to 1 Aug incl.

And that is what I see on their site:

(On August 2 they show flights but don't bet your life on that. All depends on Covid situation)cnx_ bkk.jpg

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

You wrote "this Friday" "are there flights"

Answer no.

Will there be flights on/after Aug 1 is in the crystal ball.

I am surprised that they accept bookings for Aug 1 contrary their statement 21 to 1 Aug incl.

And that is what I see on their site:

(On August 2 they show flights but don't bet your life on that. All depends on Covid situation)cnx_ bkk.jpg

Just did a bit of research on a booking site and it seems like Vietjet begin their flights on 31 st July and other flight companies being flying the next day

20 hours ago, Genix said:

but why does it show international flights as cancelled too?

That flight status link is useless.

Use the airline's app, website, and view your reservation. You would get notifications (app or email) of any changes.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.m.qr

or use an independent site like https://www.flightradar24.com/data/airports/bkk/departures

Looks like three dailies yesterday, Are you flying BKK-DOH or DOH-BKK?

Scanned the thread.

Go overland, do not book a ticket CNX-UK, Book BKK-UK-BKK, assuming you can get to Bangkok. Plenty of room, get to Bangkok then issue the QR ticket, would be my advice today. You could issue a ticket at SBIA/BKK a few hours before the flight.

Edited by mtls2005
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, from the home of CC said:

as before, no thanks..

Do you have an option or choice? Do you have a place to live in the UK? In reality life seems to be getting back to normal  there. Waiting to die of neglect here in Thailand does not seem much of an option.

1 hour ago, KhunBENQ said:

A board full of flights with 9x% cancelled.

That is true since long.

Showing flights like nothing happened.

Don't know why they can't clean up the flight schedules.

I took this picture in June 2020:

(all three flights in green would be shown as cancelled today :biggrin:)

200622151316.jpg

But how will they make it appear as a busy airport with only a few flights to fill up 4-5 massive screens!

Should just remove everything except flights that are actually scheduled... not scheduled 1 year ago.

Hopefully sooner than later the board goes from "Cancelled cancelled cancelled" to "scheduled scheduled scheduled" for international flights. 

7 hours ago, gearbox said:

Do you have mileage points with OneWorld or Star Alliance? These may still work with partner airlines and usually are easy to cancel or rebook.

I came with mileage points with Qatar mid January for an equivalent of around $350 USD one way.

That's great. Thanks. I saw on TAT News that a return ticket is said to be required for the Samui+ program.

"Have booked and purchased return air travel"

https://www.tatnews.org/2021/07/samui-plus-faqs/

We want to move permanently to Thailand and would like a one-way ticket.

I have some Star Alliance but never have bothered using any ...before this mess.

On 7/21/2021 at 5:31 PM, SCOTT FITZGERSLD said:

are you sure about it? can i travel to spain now?

Apparently they update the list tomorrow so who knows if they will make any changes.

This is the current information, pending updates : http://www.exteriores.gob.es/Embajadas/BANGKOK/en/Noticias/Pages/Articulos/How-to-enter-Spain-from-Thailand,-Cambodia,-Laos-and-Myanmar---Traveling-in-times-of-covid-19.aspx

7/16/2021
THAILAND

Thailand is one of the few countries that are on the  safe list of  Spain, so anybody (regardless of their nationality) who has been in Thailand for more than 45 days can travel to Spain without any restrictions. Spain's safe list will be reviewed again next Friday 23/07

Edited by ukrules