I caught a thief, i bashed a thief, but now i feel sorry for him

BestB

2 minutes ago, petermik said:

Pity you did not think beforehand....engage brain first...

Its not like i went up to him or he came up to me to introduce ourselves in the middle of the night

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

10 minutes ago, robblok said:

I think you reaction was not so strange bit of anger of theft combined with adrenaline and then it happens. Then you don't think. 

I find it admirable what your trying to do.

My initial thoughts was it was just a thieving ladyboy, only after knocking him down and seeing him clearly and his bag when i realised it was just a kid(still ladyboyish, which explains why initial thoughts) and a homeless kid, 

5 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

He saw the person from the CCTV footage from the night before and even if that wasnt clear , he would have had a good view of the kid before hitting him/her

Nocturnal? Get your point though.  Good chance you would have a general idea of the size but adjusting to inputs when adrenaline is flowing is not that easy for most.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, sezze said:

Whatever happened , he is/was a thief and new the risks . Do i feel sorry for him , nope . You didn't kill him and neither send him to hospital , and yes he might be hungry and homeless , but there are more respectful ways then stealing .The biggest criminals all started small , as you should know since you have been in jail 3 times. In this case , personally i find it correct , and just maybe he thinks twice before stealing again .

I actually agree with you.

Some criminals are just lazy people that do not want to work. Plenty of jobs usually in construction - maybe the 'kid' did not want to work like a migrant

• Like 2

What strikes me as weird is that, all of as sudden, people seem to believe that there can be an excuse for breaking, entering and stealing form someone's property.

Kudos to the O.P for improving the eduction of that lowlife.

But OP, in these difficult times, feel free to contribute to any charity, trough donations or action. This is a different issue altogether.

Edited by Boomer6969
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, RichardColeman said:

I actually agree with you.

Some criminals are just lazy people that do not want to work. Plenty of jobs usually in construction - maybe the 'kid' did not want to work like a migrant

Migrant construction work Vs Stealing Vs Swallowing the barrel of a gun.  Option 3 I think. Hell can't be all that bad of a place.  Has to be less hot than up on scaffolding in Bangkok.