I caught a thief, i bashed a thief, but now i feel sorry for him

BestB

25 minutes ago, BestB said:

One of the countries i was jailed in is Thailand, Never make assumptions based on thin air.;)

Jailed in Thailand wouldn't hold against necessarily.

• Playing guitar for fun in a hipster bar?
  • Picking up a fallen potato from the floor of Thai wife's restaurant?

Would be a fine in a normal country or even lead to serious charges of false arrest and imprisonment against the police where the victim could sue for large cash damages.????

Edited by Captain Monday

I like the fact that you thought about it and you changed your mind. That means you're not dead inside and that your emotions are working fine. I give you a A+ for it. That's great. You shouldn't feel guilty because you didn't know his/her attention and you didn't know if the person had any weapons or is mentally ill in a bad way. So it was quiet dangerous. The fact that the person is young doesn't mean he/she will not kill you. So the reaction from you is understandable.

You can see how people reacting because of the fact that he/she lives between genders. It's not uncommon in Thailand that many of them living on the street or ending up in prostitution. With no other choice left alone breaking the law. Thailand isn't so open like it looks sometimes. It's a shame for many families.

Hopefully you can give him at least his/her stuff back. So that your mind can rest. Thanks for sharing. 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, JWRC said:

I cannot work out why you have posted this, it's not like you are a newbie, you have posted many times and after all that you should know what the reactions you are going to get on here. At the end of the day you should do what you feel you want to do, not something based on the Jaundiced opinions of the mighty keyboard warriors. I can't help but feel that you want the attention, if so, you get what you get.

No i do not wan attention, but rather a reality check. Decent people have given me exactly what i was looking for and bar stool trolls, well they are always there

In normal times, i doubt i would have questioned myself twice but we are not living in normal times.

2 hours ago, TimBKK said:

Considering the plight of many Thais - desperation comes to mind - and the apparent fact that you had 24 hours to think about why this person did what he did, no offense but I find your post to be a rather pathetic attempt to make yourself feel better.  Gave the little guy a good bashing did ya and now feeling sad for yourself?  Give me a break.  I hope you feel like s*** to be honest, maybe next time you will think before you act.  

And maybe while you are thinking before slapping the Thief, you will get a knife in the ribs.

There are many Thais who are in a situation that they would prefer not to be in, but most of them try to make ends meet selling Food, or odd jobbing at a market Etc.

A thief is always a thief, and if this person was helped, he would just end up doing the dirty on the Guy in some way or another.

You certainly would not help a thief in New York, London or Paris, so why here ?

6 minutes ago, bbko said:

OP's been in jail in 3 different countries and had to use his fists each time??

Thief broke in on day 1, stole some coins and decided to return a 2nd time for what? Even less coins??

OP didn't file a police report of the 1st break in even though he had CCTV footage??

OP is broke but working in Thailand?  School teacher??

???? do you know where Thailand is on the map? File police report for what? to show your mates?

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, EricTh said:

@BestB

In this Covid time, there are many jobless and penniless people, nobody wants to steal if they have money to eat.

I suggest you pay for his medical fees because you took the law onto your own hands. He can heal his physical injuries but his trauma will never be healed. You owed him that much.

Do you think i should also pay for life time of therapy?

I think the best thing to have done would have been to hand in the  CCTV footage to the Police , then the next day whilst recording the guy with a phone , tell him that hes being recorded now and the Police have a copy from yesterday . Give him a the opportunity to walk away  and never to come back . 

Then you wouldnt have to then worry about him coming back and firebombing the business 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

I think the best thing to have done would have been to hand in the  CCTV footage to the Police , then the next day whilst recording the guy with a phone , tell him that hes being recorded now and the Police have a copy from yesterday . Give him a the opportunity to walk away  and never to come back . 

Then you wouldnt have to then worry about him coming back and firebombing the business 

As i said, bar stool knowledge and experience at its best and who told you i was worried about him coming back? 

Really, find a new hobby, you not doing well with trolling

Do you know what the punishment is for petty theft in Thailand? or back in your home country?

Edited by BestB

1 minute ago, BestB said:

As i said, bar stool knowledge and experience at its best and who told you i was worried about him coming back? 

Really, find a new hobby, you not doing well with trolling

If you are not concerned about him coming back for revenge...................then you really should be 

3 hours ago, BestB said:

Would you like CCTV footage to put your expert mind of boredom and fiction at ease?

Why not go ahead and post it?

At what point during your three knockdown fight did you realize the error of your ways that you've come to regret?

Edited by In Full Agreement
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

If you are not concerned about him coming back for revenge...................then you really should be 

thanks for your input, this is why thieves that i meet run away and ones you meet share a cup of tea with you and you most likely also help them carry your stuff away????

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, BestB said:

for what? for more trolls to make idiotic posts? not exactly asking to identify the person 

It was your suggestion.    I was merely offering support for your idea to post it.

You left my other question unanswered;  

"At what point during your three knockdown fight did you realize the error of your ways that you've come to regret?"

11 minutes ago, BestB said:

Do you know what the punishment is for petty theft in Thailand? or back in your home country?

This isnt a case of petty theft though , this is trespass, burglary , theft all done at night .

He would have achieved a few years in jail for those offences

4 hours ago, BestB said:

having spend some time in jails in 3 countries

Just the model citizen and quality tourist the Thai government is looking for!

How those a serial offender and jailbird get approved for a visa and avoid deportation from Thailand?

• Haha 1