Thailand reports another record high of 14,575 coronavirus cases and 114 deaths

webfact

2 hours ago, dinsdale said:

Sunday or Monday will be No. 47. 3 wks from now or sooner being that there is no discernable decrease in numbers Thailand will move into the top 40. As of yesterday new cases has Thailand at No. 12 so with the upward trend we're seeing Thailand should move into the rather less than prestigious top 10 of daily new infections.

Brazil vs USA is a very interesting case study, bearing in mind that there are pro’s and con’s to the debate on trying to control the virus, or let it run. Heck, just the USA is interesting in itself.

I’m not sure that the Thai authorities pay a lot of attention to what is going on in other countries, but it can yield useful information.

29 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

My question is, why are they there working at all?

Weeks back, after some of the big work camp clusters exploded, the government basically issued order shutting down all the construction sites, and sealing the work camp sites, in BKK...

And then, in typical Thai fashion some days later, the government came back and said, well, we're going to amend those rules to allow people back to work where leaving the project as-is would create some safety issues, or problems for the construction, etc etc...

But I never heard that there was ever an "all clear" order given to allow those kinds of projects to resume construction willy nilly with masses of workers.....

I agree 100%, and I have never seen an order or relaxation posted allowing them back to work, but then brown envelopes and projects that are deemed important apparently allowed to return to business as usual.  No wonder the cases are exploding.

3 hours ago, anchadian said:

13 million AstraZeneca and Sinovac vaccine doses to be administered in Thailand by end of August

8 million doses of AstraZeneca vaccine and 5 million doses of Sinovac vaccine are being administered through to the end of August 2021, while 15.38 million doses, mainly of the same two makes, have been administered in Thailand to date, according to the Prime Minister’s Operations Centre today (Friday).

The government is mostly aiming at inoculating people aged 60 and over and those with any of the seven underlying diseases this month and next, according to the centre’s Facebook page, with 33% of the 13 million doses, counted from July 19th, to be administered to people living in 11 provinces in the COVID-19 “Dark Red” and “Red” zones.

15% are for those in the social security fund and those who are part of driving the economy. 12% are for those working for government agencies. 3% are booster doses for medical personnel. 12% are to be used as second doses (AstraZeneca). 10% are for those living in other “Red” zone provinces and other provinces preparing to reopen to tourists. 15% are for those living in the remaining 48 provinces.

https://www.thaipbsworld.com/13-million-astrazeneca-and-sinovac-vaccine-doses-to-be-administered-in-thailand-by-end-of-august/

That will be about 340,000 a day. Well below target.

5 hours ago, Swimfan said:

Many of the current 150k active cases will also succumb to Covid.

How would you know this? Are you saying these cases, whole or in part, will die just to hit the mark? You’re making an assumption.

Edited by ABCbangkok

TIMELINE: Pattaya and Si Racha informs residents who visited places in relation to the most recent Covid -19 confirmed cases

List of places here:

https://thepattayanews.com/2021/07/23/timeline-pattaya-and-si-racha-informs-residents-who-visited-places-in-relation-to-the-most-recent-covid-19-confirmed-cases/

• Like 1

I've never really paid much notice to the breakdown between general population and prison population cases before, but golly, unless 7.5 % of Thais are in prison, then the prisons must be an absolute plague pit!

Not surprising I suppose when you think about it!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, herfiehandbag said:

I've never really paid much notice to the breakdown between general population and prison population cases before, but golly, unless 7.5 % of Thais are in prison, then the prisons must be an absolute plague pit!

Not surprising I suppose when you think about it!

The prisons are an absolute plague pit.

I would be very interested to see a study of anyone in a Thai prison who never got Covid.

1 minute ago, anchadian said:

As the Delta variant of coronavirus rips through Thailand, entire households are being infected

Living as a large family under the same roof during a COVID-19 lockdown would be challenging at the best of times, but imagine there are 14 of you and 11 are infected with the virus.

That is the situation for Chaniya Tusamut's family in Thailand's capital Bangkok.

The 47-year-old was in tears as she told the ABC how heartbreaking it had been as one relative after another tested positive.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-07-23/coronavirus-delta-fuelling-huge-wave-in-thailand/100310588

Already happened to my extended family and my GF's ex's family.  So not a surprise.  Watching the news again tonight another family of 7 including 2 young children are all infected and sharing a 1 bedroom abode while they await a facility with the sickest of them in the bedroom alone.

5 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

More lies it was sent and was received i believe, but wait that was from the RTA requesting the vaccines for it's employee's and their families.  The red cross is a charitable organization who takes care of those in need and I would hope that their donation makes it to the elderly and those with medical issues first.

https://www.archyde.com/vassana-reveals-that-the-thai-army-explains-that-the-documents-for-moderna-are-not-fake-but-not-official-documents/

https://coconuts.co/bangkok/news/thai-army-secretly-sought-moderna-vaccines-denied-to-public-leaked-document/

If the 'letter' wasn't authorized and not not sent out, who signed the letter?

7 minutes ago, anchadian said:

If the 'letter' wasn't authorized and not not sent out, who signed the letter?

Exactly it was also bearing an official stamp and registry number. So the left hand does not know what the right hand is doing and neither do the talking heads.  That sums up Thailand in a nutshell in my book, and is why they always have to deny things as they really do not have any idea of truth.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, WineOh said:

must be really frustrating for the government not being able to blame all this on those 'dirty foreigners' anymore.

They only have themselves to blame.

Maybe that urge to blame foreigners was part of the motivation to implement the sandbox?

• Confused 1

58 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Exactly it was also bearing an official stamp and registry number. So the left hand does not know what the right hand is doing and neither do the talking heads.  That sums up Thailand in a nutshell in my book, and is why they always have to deny things as they really do not have any idea of truth.

I think they know exactly what they are doing. And that is trying to cover up an embarrassing situation where they tried to steal vaccine doses from those who need them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Danderman123 said:

My prediction for the next 12 months: a study will reveal that some people are naturally immune to Covid-19. These are not people who have recovered from the disease, or vaccinated people. These are people who the virus simply cannot infect, or otherwise don’t have problems with the virus. They don’t have specific antibodies for Covid, so they don’t show up as recovered cases.

You heard it here first.

I heard it first elsewhere

https://www.bmj.com/content/370/bmj.m3563

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

So we have this very brutal and extensive lockdown to try to smash down the numbers of infections.  The fallout will be large.  

Ok.  Part opening.  Then Lambda variant arrives.  Numbers explode again.  Brutal lockdown once again for months on end.  Open again.  The next hybrid variants enter.  Bang!  Lockdowns again and again and again and again.  This will go on for years.  Vaccines will lose their efficacy and then problems yet again with slow acquisition by governments and more deaths to come.  

I am at the point I really cannot be bothered living in this really s****y version of life.  I have no problem signing out now.  Quality of life is zero. 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, aussienam said:

So we have this very brutal and extensive lockdown to try to smash down the numbers of infections.  The fallout will be large.  

Ok.  Part opening.  Then Lambda variant arrives.  Numbers explode again.  Brutal lockdown once again for months on end.  Open again.  The next hybrid variants enter.  Bang!  Lockdowns again and again and again and again.  This will go on for years.  Vaccines will lose their efficacy and then problems yet again with slow acquisition by governments and more deaths to come.  

I am at the point I really cannot be bothered living in this really s****y version of life.  I have no problem signing out now.  Quality of life is zero. 

The numbers didn't explode just because of the Delta variant. The numbers exploded because vaccination levels were very low. Studies have repeatedly show that the several vaccines strongly protect against hospitalizations and death from the delta variant. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Danderman123 said:

My prediction for the next 12 months: a study will reveal that some people are naturally immune to Covid-19. These are not people who have recovered from the disease, or vaccinated people. These are people who the virus simply cannot infect, or otherwise don’t have problems with the virus. They don’t have specific antibodies for Covid, so they don’t show up as recovered cases.

You heard it here first.

Indeed: especially see the serious  paper linked in first reply

Edited by morrobay
  • Thanks 1

Press release WHO Thailand

European Union, World Health Organization, Ministry of Public Health, National Vaccine Institute, and World Vision Foundation partner to support COVID-19 emergency preparedness and response in Thailand

23 July 2021, BANGKOK – The European Union (EU), Thailand’s Ministry of Public Health, the World Health Organization Country Office for Thailand, the National Vaccine Institute and World Vision Foundation of Thailand today launched a programme to support the COVID-19 response of the government of Thailand and strengthen preparedness for future pandemics.

The EU is providing € 1.9 million (72 million THB) to Thailand, as part of the overall €20 million (760 million THB) programme for “The EU Southeast Asia Health Pandemic Response and Preparedness Programme in Thailand”

https://www.who.int/thailand/news/detail/22-07-2021-european-union-world-health-organization-ministry-of-public-health-national-vaccine-institute-and-world-vision-foundation-partner-to-support-covid-19-emergency-preparedness-and-response-in-thailand

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

13 hours ago, James105 said:

Yes, we don't want to close down the places where the infection is definitely spreading in high numbers.

Because the rich Chinese Thais control the factories and industry and have their hand and arms firmly up the rear end of Pinocchio and he dances to their tune.

How is it that so many migrant workers who are caught on the borders have paid for jobs in factories but without fail the factories or building projects who have offered them work are never ever named.