Cure for boredom

On 7/23/2021 at 4:30 PM, lanng khao said:

It's always good to have some diversonal activities, being bored once in a while won't kill you, but  being bored long term may increase your risk of a premature death..

But then, if you are bored all the time, what is the point of living? 

Women are less bored because a woman's work is never done.

This is why I prefer women, as friends and people I can really talk to.

I also have male friends who are NOT boring, but these guys are old and famous university professors, emeritus types.

I never talk to the mailman, because, the mailman is just too full of gossip.

The secret to reducing boredom is to become maniacal about any given academic topic, and then write a 400 page unpublishable document about it.

Another strategy might be to check yourself into a hospital and ask to be put into a medically induced coma for a year.  When you awake, you will feel as right as rain, and never be bored again.

BEST STRATEGY: Donate time to others, during every waking moment. Impossible to get bored doing this.

Edited by GammaGlobulin

• 2 years later...
On 7/24/2021 at 8:40 PM, ancharee said:

I just bought my 6 year son a keyboard, trying to keep him interested other than phone games he was asking for a piano, 40 years ago I played accordion and alto sax but don't have a clue about music now, any tips  for learning my son

That's fantastic that you're encouraging your son's interest in music! Above all, make sure learning music remains a positive and enjoyable experience for your son. With your support and encouragement, he'll continue to grow and develop his musical talents!

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/24/2021 at 8:40 PM, ancharee said:

I just bought my 6 year son a keyboard, trying to keep him interested other than phone games he was asking for a piano, 40 years ago I played accordion and alto sax but don't have a clue about music now, any tips  for learning my son

He can learn basic music theory and keyboard skills online. Enjoy making music together! 

But ultimately, what did you neighbors say?