Cure for boredom

On 7/23/2021 at 4:08 PM, Kwasaki said:

I say nothing and just get on with my hobbies.

Totally agree!  Someone once told me only boring people get bored.  I never get bored because like you I dont have enough time for my hobbies and I think its the main reason I dont get lonely even though I have been in isolation for months.  I have found for a while now that whenever I do have contact with people outside my gate I have problems.

• Like 1

I am working my way through the Bible about a chapter every morning.

I study a little Thai every day.

I  am reading The Client by John Griffiths.

I play Mahjung,Classic Solitaire on my phone.

I go for walks.

I play music and dance around the house.

Go on Facebook.But I am bored to death here now.

No badminton, no gym, no eating out in different restaurants, no massage, no shows, no swimming  etc.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

On 7/23/2021 at 4:34 PM, buick said:

youtube - i've been watching old sporting events where i forgot the outcome or never knew the outcome.  this is how i made it through ASQ this year and lockdown last year.  

Start reading books again, learn to play a instrument, maybe online chess. Have sex with your wife. Many things to do when tour bored, just chose the right one and stay out of trouble.

4 hours ago, Pedrogaz said:

Eat a McVities Milk Chocolate biscuit. You will feel great while you are eating it and not at all boring.

I love these, but the local Big C and Tesco Lotus stopped stocking them about one year ago. I think the company making Oreos paid them to stop stocking this popular item.

It's good to find a hobby that takes you outside and you get a bit of exercise. Cycling might be worth trying. Even if you don't enjoy it much, just treat it like a job that you have to do at a set time each second or third day.

On 7/23/2021 at 11:04 AM, Sparktrader said:

Any tips?

ASEAN Now, formerly Thaivisa, seems to be an excellent cure. Just write some challenging opening posts and answer all replies, when the domestic members fall asleep, then first the European members, and thereafter the US members are awake, until the domestic members wake up again...????????

More seriously, try to find some time consuming hobbies or interests, then you wish you have more time - I can for example not understand that I ever got spare time to work...????

1 hour ago, ThaiFelix said:

Totally agree!  Someone once told me only boring people get bored.  I never get bored because like you I dont have enough time for my hobbies and I think its the main reason I dont get lonely even though I have been in isolation for months.  I have found for a while now that whenever I do have contact with people outside my gate I have problems.

Yeah a good call my Mrs won't let anyone in the gate not even Family at this time.

I have always liked isolation and my own company I can't say whether I sympathize with people during this covid pandemic as it hasn't really bothered me, other than not being able riding my bike to away places and staying overnight.   

• Thanks 1

On 7/23/2021 at 6:36 PM, J Town said:

I used to teach Pro Tools and Logic, so I'm covered. The coolest thing I just discovered is how to connect an electric keyboard (Roland RD-88) with both audio and usb and get them all to work simultaneously. SUPER layered sound!!!

I just bought my 6 year son a keyboard, trying to keep him interested other than phone games he was asking for a piano, 40 years ago I played accordion and alto sax but don't have a clue about music now, any tips  for learning my son

• Like 1

1 hour ago, robert888d said:

I am working my way through the Bible about a chapter every morning.

I study a little Thai every day.

I  am reading The Client by John Griffiths.

I play Mahjung,Classic Solitaire on my phone.

I go for walks.

I play music and dance around the house.

Go on Facebook.But I am bored to death here now.

No badminton, no gym, no eating out in different restaurants, no massage, no shows, no swimming  etc.

can get massage to go now, girls need the work

• Haha 1

On 7/23/2021 at 5:10 PM, Kwasaki said:

I have my Archery which I luv to try and perfect with my Recurve Olympic type bow, shooting at a target at 35 metres.

I have the the use of a •22 airgun which I shoot targets at 40 to 60 metres. 

Would you be interested in a second hand trebuchet , fires quite heavy things out beyond 100 meters as the MIL will testify.

• Haha 2

Keep busy.  Do activities you enjoy, shake things up now and then,  and try not to get in a rut.  My partner and I are doing something new.  After always living in condos our adult life, we have bought a rundown house and have been renovating it since March.  It's been challenging, tiring at times, but also a lot of fun and a learning experience.  If you're bored, maybe try something new yourself.

• 3 weeks later...

Native English speaker? Like to talk? Friendly, polite? Teach English online.

No special training required. Mostly just conversational practice. Lots of Japanese, Koreans, Brazilians, Arabs who need help with grammar and pronounciation, and don't have anyone to do this with where they live. Meet nice and interesting people, kill time, and make extra money.

Though whenever I've thrown this out, the lovely TVF in all its glory typically retorts with, "you got a work permit for that?", "oh, so you came here without enough money to live?", "you mean I can't just enjoy my retirement?" ????