Can I get vaccinated with Astra Zenica at Bang Sue Station in Bangkok?

peterrabbit

I was told that as I am over 60 and have hypertension I can get vaccinated at the Bang Sue Station in Bangkok (NB I am a Pattaya long term resident).

(A friend of a friend, from Pattaya aged 60+, apparently went there yesterday just walked in and got Astra Zenica.)

Apparently, all I have to do is turn up in the morning with the relevant paperwork, passport proof of residence ,address etc.

Has anyone actually done this in the last few days, if so can you message me or reply to this?

If it can be done, will the vaccination centre be open on the public holidays this week?

(NB Forget about what the local press say because they are clueless.)

Edited by peterrabbit

Bang sue is for Bangkok residents if over 60 and under 75, 

see  the below link for information on available sign ups

ThailandIntervac.com : The Office of International Cooperation, Department of Disease Control ,Ministry of Public Health Thailand

Samithivej Sriracha Hospital, Chonburi (The pre-registration system will be announced soon)

I was thinking of just showing up and using a Bangkok hotels address. I mean what is the worst that can happen, they turn me down and I waste the cost of the taxi. And the best that can happen is that I get vaccinated and that saves my life. I would really like to hear if anybody else has just walked and what happened.

4 hours ago, billaaa777 said:

I was thinking of just showing up and using a Bangkok hotels address. I mean what is the worst that can happen, they turn me down and I waste the cost of the taxi. And the best that can happen is that I get vaccinated and that saves my life. I would really like to hear if anybody else has just walked and what happened.

I registered and still they told me to wait for an SMS confirming the night before.  If you don't have the SMS they said cannot go.  I assume they are waiting until last minute to ensure vaccine supplies will be there.  My appointment is for tomorrow but still waiting text message. 

I have registered, but I have not gotten anything back. This little shot is so important, and I just don't know how to get one. I was thinking of going back to the US to get it but it would take 8 weeks of staying in hotels before I could return to my condo, and the cost I don't even know. Plus, I really, but really don't like the idea of riding on a plane for something like 17 hours with people that very well could be already infected with Covid.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, ronjomtien said:

Under 75 needs registration, good luck.

I already registered, and have appointment, with MedPark.

I know people who have successfully registered for Bang Sue  -  and received an appointment notification within 3/4 days.

I registered and I have my SMS to get the jab.  I am about to leave for Bang Sue Grand Station now but for the life of me I don't see where to park my car......I'm headed out two hours early to try and sort it out.  Any suggestions from forum denizens would be appreciated....Thanks

12 minutes ago, xeniv23 said:

I registered and I have my SMS to get the jab.  I am about to leave for Bang Sue Grand Station now but for the life of me I don't see where to park my car......I'm headed out two hours early to try and sort it out.  Any suggestions from forum denizens would be appreciated....Thanks

I went 3 days ago and was turned away (no foreigner blah blah blah).  I noticed that people were entering the area from an underground car park but puzzled how to find it.  I now have an appointment for 17:00 today and will get my wife to drop me at the old station where it appears there a few parking spaces. Hopefully it will be less chaotic at that time of day.  Hope this message reaches you in time and helps.

16 minutes ago, AgMech Cowboy said:

I've tried to register 3x and continually receive this message. Anybody else?

image.png.c08ebb842dbc9dfa67c9402ce95f8b6a.png

BTW, I'm 68 and was born in '52.

Received exactly the same message when I registered 3 days ago.  I subsequently received an appointment by text yesterday evening. So the response you have is confirming they have your application.

Hope you receive your appointment shortly.

• Thanks 1

I went to Bang Sue on Friday and received AstraZenica-1 vaccine as I am 75+ or born in 1946. My information is +60's have to register. However, if you have full documentation for your hypertension why not give it a go. For me it was easy, quick, efficient and very professionally done. You'll get to stage 3 before passport etc. Is required a Thai to assist with language would be a great help, I would give you a 50/50 chance and it only takes 30 mins to get to document stage with BP & medical history prior. Good luck

8 hours ago, hotandsticky said:

I already registered, and have appointment, with MedPark.

I know people who have successfully registered for Bang Sue  -  and received an appointment notification within 3/4 days.

I am also registered with MedPark and immediately received confirmation for free Astra Zenica on 14th August.  They will supply documentation and a date for the 2nd jab . I am 70 and just hope that they don't send a notice of cancellation or something or get there and turned away .   Others have said MedPark very organised ! No idea if the site is still open for registration but am sure Pattaya will be getting vaccines shortly ??   

If you are going to Bang Sue best to go by MRT as they are well organised with shuttle busses directly to the vaccination centre. Exit 2 at Bang Sue MRT station, cross the road towards the railway line, to the right of the rusty old footbridge there is a footpath across the railway tracks. Cross the main road and there are shuttle busses there running all the time just left of the crossing. can't miss them. Would not advise trying to walk in if you are not over 75 as I was turned away on Friday. My appointment came through on Saturday and got the jab yesterday - it was a total zoo outside for the walkins but walked straight inside with an appointment and was fairly well organised from there on.  

The British Club have some vaccines available for over 60 or with one of the 7 conditions. I don't think they will be too worried if you are coming from Pattaya. PM me for info or contact them directly.

23 hours ago, DaLa said:

Received exactly the same message when I registered 3 days ago.  I subsequently received an appointment by text yesterday evening. So the response you have is confirming they have your application.

@DaLaThank you for your response. I waited 3 days before 'registering' a 2nd time and 2 days after that before attempting the 3rd. I'm not really in a panic, by any means. The 3rd was at the urging of a friend. The 2nd attempt was to 'confirm' in my mind that I'd filled in the 'form' correctly. I'll chill now or wait until the hospitals have them.