Pattaya: Immigration go after US man who refused to wear mask at Taco Bell - he's fined and repentant

webfact

3 hours ago, JimHuaHin said:

Maybe the Police should vist the ground floor of Hua Hin Market Village and arrest the old farang who hangs around there near the entrance and does not wear a mask.

Leave him alone he us waiting for his 90 days report. 

• Haha 1

So now the Beta strain is mutating with the Delta strain, and they "appear" to be unaffected by vaccine coverage, and are highly infectious,(via plume and droplet) and the end result for many is "black fungal disease" as being seen in India and now GB. Good luck non mask wearers and antivaxxers.

1. What is black fungus?

It's a fungal infection caused by exposure to moulds called mucormycetes, which are commonly found in soil.

Once it takes hold, the infection spreads through the respiratory tract and starts to erode facial structures.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-07-22/black-fungus-india-endemic-covid/100313274

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, JimHuaHin said:

Maybe the Police should vist the ground floor of Hua Hin Market Village and arrest the old farang who hangs around there near the entrance and does not wear a mask.

I've noticed daily foreigners not caring for anyone but themselves. If there was an efficient way of having them arrested and fined I'd phone in a heartbeat. My wife works in that mall and she says there are daily discussions among the workers of these morons and the hazards they pose to every one  there (and also to their families), the retailers warning each other when these cretins appear half masked and fully stupid.

Edited by from the home of CC
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, RJRS1301 said:

It's a fungal infection caused by exposure to moulds called mucormycetes, which are commonly found in soil.

fungal as opposed to viral   and

"Experts have attributed the recent rise to the excessive use of steroids to treat COVID-19."

• Like 1

I was there one or two behind him as soon as something was said, I sidestepped away seen it a million times back home growing up at my age I felt it was my opportunity to jump ahead and ordered 5 taco supreme and got a seat to listen to all the " <deleted>> " this <deleted>> that "  being lock down here unable to return home since I not want to go through all the hoops to get back in I've been a bit homesick but after a few minutes of listening I had no longer had that feeling. ????

I also agree that when it comes to farang whenever they get a chance to make us look bad they will but in this case Clxarence really didn't need any help. I also read all the suppose science to wearing a mask and whether you should eat in or out and although I agree we are guess here I do more than my share of bashing the Thais and they way they think but when it comes to just simply wearing a mask it has been made clear whether you are outside or inside what a Thai do or don't when it comes to wearing a mask why make a national issue out of it.

You watch the video the guy went on and on as if he was Mr. T, I'm surprise a follow up was made but as I noted above it was a chance for a photo ops I wish someone would have film the arrest it would have been nice to see how Clxarence and his church going side????? From how the article was written it seem he might have dumped out a can of refried beans when he opened the door

I think a day of Free Tacos would have been a better solution?

Edited by thailand49
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, nchuckle said:

" his White Russian girlfriend ". Yeah,that’s what I mainly focused on ! ???? 

I focus on that, because she possibly a lady from walking street, but maybe not.  The guy actually  states in the video that all men in Pattaya  are here to pay for ladies, that hes young, handsome, rich and that he doesn't.   Well if shes from walking street, or even if she isnt, why would he attempt to fool anyone.  He was just angry, that someone  wanted him to obey the law and adhere for others safety. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, GroveHillWanderer said:

Farang does not mean foreigner.

The Royal Institute Dictionary 1999, the official dictionary of Thai words, defines the word "farang" as "a person of white race".

So whatever else this guy is, he's not a farang.

Go ahead I know you are just dying to use that word ????  don't be shy you'll feel much better after.

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, WhatupThailand said:

Before jumping on the main stream media band wagon,

you may want to check the facts about masks.

Check:

The Association of American Physicians and Surgeons
https://aapsonline.org/mask-facts/

Also for those to lazy to check anything:

World Health Organization (WHO), June 2020

https://apps.who.int/iris/bitstream/handle/10665/332293/WHO-2019-nCov-IPC_Masks-2020.4-eng.pdf?sequence=1&isAllowed=y
    “The likely disadvantages of the use of mask by healthy people in the general public include:
        potential increased risk of self-contamination due to the manipulation of a face mask and subsequently touching eyes with contaminated hands;
        potential self-contamination that can occur if non- medical masks are not changed when wet or soiled. This can create favourable conditions for microorganism to amplify;
        potential headache and/or breathing difficulties, depending on type of mask used;
        potential development of facial skin lesions, irritant dermatitis or worsening acne, when used frequently for long hours;
        difficulty with communicating clearly;
        potential discomfort;
        a false sense of security, leading to potentially lower adherence to other critical preventive measures such as physical distancing and hand hygiene;
        poor compliance with mask wearing, in particular by young children;
        waste management issues; improper mask disposal leading to increased litter in public places, risk of contamination to street cleaners and environment hazard;
        difficulty communicating for deaf persons who rely on lip reading;
        disadvantages for or difficulty wearing them, especially for children, developmentally challenged persons, those with mental illness, elderly persons with cognitive impairment, those with asthma or chronic respiratory or breathing problems, those who have had facial trauma or recent oral maxillofacial surgery, and those living in hot and humid environments.

I was going to respond but then i saw your signature.

6 hours ago, Eindhoven said:

Abusing him for his behaviour was just one aspect. No issue with that. But of course then the racist worms come out of the woodwork to pollute the thread and their posts get removed. So unless you read all of the posts at the time, you would have no idea. Of course some posters here know what went on, but are simply being disingenuous.

Is it your buddy Kees?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

the police got to the part of the video where this dangerous idiot said he was already retired at 33 with his blonde girlfriend smiling adoringly at him and they jumped up from their seats. 

Maybe the RTP should look closer into, how he is making a living, after having been able to "retire" at 33?

Edited by Xonax
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, arick said:

Well even after the phifzer vaccine double dose their is  a 90% chance of getting infected with the virus after 5 months. So we are all going to get corvid virus or  masked or in unMasked.

Go read the new Israeli data of new infections 

The conclusion from my reading of the science of course anyone guess but not heard you have a 90% chance of getting infected but the correct word being thrown around today is " Breakout Cases "  which is rare based on the millions already vaccination it has been reported the more vaccination the numbers will go up it is all part of the course.

Here is the big difference what I'm reading from the science that if you are fully vaccinated the chance of you dying or being hospitalize is minimum.  If and went I do get vaccinated whether I'm here or at home I plan to wear a mask and follow the science and use a bit of critical thinking if I'm visiting a place that has a low rate of infection being vaccinated I might chose not to wear one but if there is a major outbreak like in Thailand and the leaders mandate a mask it is simple I will wear one it isn't like you got a diaper on your face I don't see what the big deal is being made?????

• Like 1