Pattaya: Immigration go after US man who refused to wear mask at Taco Bell - he's fined and repentant

webfact

5 hours ago, sucit said:

Most of these places now have employees who sit outside the shop. I understand not being allowed to go into a private business while violating their policy. I think he has a point otherwise. Those outside employees could take his order and give it to him outside. Seems we should encourage people to stay outside if we truly want to follow the science. Outside/outdoor infections have been shown to be much less prevalent. 

He started inside.  Thats when he told the man in blue shirt to step outside 

6 hours ago, sucit said:

Most of these places now have employees who sit outside the shop. I understand not being allowed to go into a private business while violating their policy. I think he has a point otherwise. Those outside employees could take his order and give it to him outside. Seems we should encourage people to stay outside if we truly want to follow the science. Outside/outdoor infections have been shown to be much less prevalent. 

He started yelling inside, asking the gentlemen  in the blue shirt to step outside.  

• Like 2

Just now, Zikomat said:

This is not my experience with the Thais.  Looks like, for many of them the word ‘farang’ is not solely and strictly reserved for the “white” people. 

Because you have limited Thai language ability, you miss the implied insult of calling you a thing (no Khon) and not a person (Khon). Some of us understand Thai quite well.

Guy should have put a mask on until he was served then taken it off again.

Arguing in Thailand is pointless, unless you're prepared to shoot to kill over the matter.

• Sad 2

Just now, sniggie said:

What on earth gives this person the right to be so offensive? He should be under no illusions that the majority of visitors to the country are appalled at his behaviour. 

You've never been to Detroit or NYC then?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Did Clarence at least enjoy his Taco Bell? 

Hopefully he didn't eat too much hot sauce before spending hours at the popo station.  

Only if Clarence didn't try to defend himself to the blue shirt "Ken," he might have not been caught and could have enjoyed his toilet at home instead.  ????????

• Confused 1

Police looking for money online and fining people retroactively for an almost non crime. 

I heard about this story last or 2 weeks ago and some said the other guy in the fight approached the American while he was at the table already and ready for eat telling him to wear a mask.

I am not condoning his stupid attitude but that such a think get fined, becomes a police case and is newsworthy is absolutely ridiculous!!!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, WhatupThailand said:

Before jumping on the main stream media band wagon,

you may want to check the facts about masks.

Check:

The Association of American Physicians and Surgeons
https://aapsonline.org/mask-facts/

Also for those to lazy to check anything:

World Health Organization (WHO), June 2020

https://apps.who.int/iris/bitstream/handle/10665/332293/WHO-2019-nCov-IPC_Masks-2020.4-eng.pdf?sequence=1&isAllowed=y
    “The likely disadvantages of the use of mask by healthy people in the general public include:
        potential increased risk of self-contamination due to the manipulation of a face mask and subsequently touching eyes with contaminated hands;
        potential self-contamination that can occur if non- medical masks are not changed when wet or soiled. This can create favourable conditions for microorganism to amplify;
        potential headache and/or breathing difficulties, depending on type of mask used;
        potential development of facial skin lesions, irritant dermatitis or worsening acne, when used frequently for long hours;
        difficulty with communicating clearly;
        potential discomfort;
        a false sense of security, leading to potentially lower adherence to other critical preventive measures such as physical distancing and hand hygiene;
        poor compliance with mask wearing, in particular by young children;
        waste management issues; improper mask disposal leading to increased litter in public places, risk of contamination to street cleaners and environment hazard;
        difficulty communicating for deaf persons who rely on lip reading;
        disadvantages for or difficulty wearing them, especially for children, developmentally challenged persons, those with mental illness, elderly persons with cognitive impairment, those with asthma or chronic respiratory or breathing problems, those who have had facial trauma or recent oral maxillofacial surgery, and those living in hot and humid environments.

missed out  can help spread the virus ...

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, bbko said:

Yes, it's always about us farangs.  Remember that vid where the Thai national got into an altercation about refusing to wear a mask and it was posted on social media and the police did nothing about it?...Neither do I.

Farangs refer to white people. Have a look at the video and try again. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, colinneil said:

What a total waste of time, if he was Thai nothing would have been done.

Around here a very small percentage of people are wearing masks, nothing is done about it.

Just another farang bashing episode, having said that the man is as fool for not wearing a mask.

Really, a Thai would threaten staff with violence in the restaurant and refuse to wear the mask?

• Confused 1

“Pattaya: Immigration go after US man who refused to wear mask at Taco Bell - he's fined and repentant”

—————

How do you know he was repentant? Last time I saw him he has told me he doesn’t give a <deleted>.

Edited by metisdead
Profanity removed.
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, colinneil said:

What a total waste of time, if he was Thai nothing would have been done.

Around here a very small percentage of people are wearing masks, nothing is done about it.

Just another farang bashing episode, having said that the man is as fool for not wearing a mask.

...i think you need a reality check.

• Like 2

Just now, Semper fi said:

HEY

just caps to get attention. I saw debates of if it was right or not. Im the guy that was "fined". I dont ever go on sites like this but my friend saw this and thought it was funny(created this account just to reply). I did not pay any fine. They set this up to scare all the farang they made that clear. We sat talked for 15 min and after they bought me starbucks from next door to the police station and we went our seperate ways. They just asked if i could be on the pics so the farang would get spooked about mask. Im even the one that drove my self with them in my truck to the station so we could talk. This was some show they wanted to put on and like i said i didnt get fined so all of the guys that are debating if its fair or not dont waste your time. Nothing came out of this besides a free cup of starbucks. But i will say in two months im out of here this country is dead and the people are not in great shape and to even help like give out food (for free mind you) the local gov is worried about work permits before you can set things like that up. It seems the road to recovery is going to be long and full of opens and closes here in thailand so im out. I spend at times up to 8000usd a month here. I know in terms of the whole pie it means nothing but if all the spenders leave this place its sunk. I repeat im not leaving because of this taco bell incident. But in a few months im def out of here the road to recovery looks too long for me. Other countries are already in full swing already. Anyway cheers. Letting you know what happened since media likes to create a story lol. 

That groveling apology must have stung your pride huh?

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, cocoonclub said:

How is enforcing the law “a total waste of time”? 

So you would generously let someone steal your mobile phone without demanding legal action because others have done it before and got away with it? 

I don’t know where “Around here” is but I don’t see many people not wearing a mask. 

Work on your self esteem or go back home. You’re a white man; you’re the most privileged species in this world. This whining “us poor farangs are bashed all the time” is pathetic. 

Just this morning  on beach road in Pattaya, I seen many white farangs, or Vanilla men, wearing their mask in correct or not at all.  Now tgat I know a video can get them some attention,  perhaps its worth sitting on the beach recording them and sharing on social media. 

• Sad 4

1 hour ago, malibukid said:

the clowns can not get their act together so they deflect their incompetence by making this news worthy.  pathetic how they will not take responsibility here.  this is a cultural problem with deadly consequences and it will not change.  loss of face cost lives, and life is cheap in Asia.

Take it up next extension time... 

• Haha 2