Pattaya: Immigration go after US man who refused to wear mask at Taco Bell - he's fined and repentant

webfact

1 hour ago, WEBBYB808 said:

I recorded the event live.  I was there.  I posted on YouTube, and you are correct  many came on and said it was race, the thing is everyone else had on mask except for him and his white Russian girlfriend 

so if everyone had a mask on except them, how does that effect them ? Masks make you safe from Covid, don't they ? 

not saying he is right or wrong, but why does it bother you, as long as you are wearing the mask ?

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

17 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Because those who live in fear want everyone else to live in fear as well.

Guy should have just put a mask on to shut them up.

There isn't that fear up country! Or the gear to turn in or rat on your neighbours. It's a very bkk and pattaya thing to do. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Because he's a foreigner and the Immigration officers are RTP officers.

But he hadn't broken any immigration rules , so he should have been spoken to by " normal " police.

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, WEBBYB808 said:

I recorded the event live.  I was there.  I posted on YouTube, and you are correct  many came on and said it was race, the thing is everyone else had on mask except for him and his white Russian girlfriend 

Did the white girl also get charged then or just the black guy?  

26 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

What I agreed to disagree with while maintaining civility was your view that posters who posted are dirty racists Additionally, I disagree with the fact that you have been making personal attacks against those that do not agree with you.  Agreeing to disagree is not disingenuous as you also indicated, but in using proper decorum.  The Individual who was arrested was indeed being racist in the statements he was making and trying to goad the other person into an altercation.  My view and one which will not change.  Have a good weekend.

Apologies for my butting in, but I read some of the comments here. Calling someone a "Black &^*&^%@" is not racist, in your opinion? 

Perhaps you did not see any one those comments yourself.

So here is your opportunity to give your opinion on such comments. Racist or not?

But you do seem to have changed your tack from theracist posters here being racist to Taco Bell guy being racist.

I think his behaviour was disgusting. But that is no excuse for the racist comments. What do you think now that you know that some of the comments specifically targeted his colour?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Zikomat said:

In real life, words often change their meaning. I have seen the word ‘farang’ used by Thais to address to different kind of foreigners.

Kon Farang is used for people of European descent. 
Kon Kerk is used for people of Indian, Middle East, and African descent.

Are these racist terms?  Thailand seems to get a complete pass from the rest of the world regarding it's racism.

1 hour ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Because he's a foreigner and the Immigration officers are RTP officers.

and the Army , Navy and Air Force are part of the Armed forces , but each wear different uniforms that determine what part of the force they represent and the job they do. I wouldn't think that the Immgration Police are competent in the rules of the civilian world , as the local police would not be competent in the rules of Immigration. Hence seperate uniforms.

Edited by NE1
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

the clowns can not get their act together so they deflect their incompetence by making this news worthy.  pathetic how they will not take responsibility here.  this is a cultural problem with deadly consequences and it will not change.  loss of face cost lives, and life is cheap in Asia.

Edited by malibukid
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, BritManToo said:

Why can't they say foreigners?

That pesk "r" that is pronounced as an "l".  Plural 's' that they can't pronounce. 
Farang is easier.  <laughs>

Edited by connda
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Joinaman said:

so if everyone had a mask on except them, how does that effect them ? Masks make you safe from Covid, don't they ? 

not saying he is right or wrong, but why does it bother you, as long as you are wearing the mask ?

Common Sense don't count

• Sad 1

A simple sign at the door and throughout the facility would have (maybe) nipped this is the bud. NO MASK, NO SERVICE   what would be so hard about that??  Was the staff  intimidated by something, because he was served.  or maybe he had a mask on while inside the facility, and took it off on his way out??  Too many unknowns, but but but, I think the subject has been kicked around long enough.........

Edited by TunnelRat69
  • Sad 1