Todays Tesco experience

poppysdad

17 hours ago, poppysdad said:

They didn’t stop gabbling to each other one at one end of the conveyor and the other where you load your shopping into your bag or whatever.

Next time make sure your zipper is up Mr Holmes.

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, poppysdad said:

I know it’s now Lotus’s but to people like me who’ve been here many years it will always be Tesco and if it had become a Big C we would still refer to it as the old Tesco. 

and then there are those that remember in the mid-1990's when it was simply Lotus, before Tesco's takeover post-1997 Asian Financial Crisis prompting the name change to Tesco Lotus.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, worgeordie said:

I usually get behind a market stall holder, who decides to pay with a wad of 20 Thb notes ,at Makro , or in Big C ,who has all the discount vouchers on their phone, and takes forever flipping through the phone to find them. ????.

regards Worgeordie   

P.S. it's not Tesco's now but Lotus'ss

As long as the sign outside says Tesco Lotus then that's what it is ????  I have seen one - one - item in there with the new name though.

18 hours ago, jvs said:

I hope he did,i would have.

I have seen somebody in front of me leaving her things at the checkout desk to go and get something I presume she forgot. I immediately put her things out of the way and put my things in their place, then asked the girl to attend to my items,  then she carried on serving me.

• Like 2

Thanks for the amusing, not-about-vaccines' post.

I would have just said 'kho tort, krap' a lot sooner. You were way too polite. I can't see the Thai ladies wating patiently behind you if it was the other way about ????

• Like 2

19 hours ago, poppysdad said:

I know it’s now Lotus’s but to people like me who’ve been here many years it will always be Tesco and if it had become a Big C we would still refer to it as the old Tesco. 

Don't hear "Carrafour" much concerning Big C Extra here in Chiang Mai.

• Like 1