Its the first time I'm worried about living in Thailand. Might be better off leaving for the motherland.

bbabythai

I think it doesn't matter if you scared of the virus or not. It's about getting help when something happens with your loved ones or with you, hopefully in time. Like when you need help from the hospital. In this current situation it might be impossible to get help. That's maybe more to concern about.  But nobody can predict when it will be end. Maybe in a few month it looks way better.   

I found this website today in the BKK Post where people set a pin on the map to call for help.

I don't say yes leave what I'm saying is you don't want become a blinking point on this map. 

https://jitasa.care/

• Haha 1

If that worried why not just shutter your business and stay home with your family?

Taking a high level of precaution, isolating for everything other than essential needs

your chance of catching is tiny. Then if you get it not to downplay the severity but 

are you at high risk?  Your risk of  a rabid animal or traffic accident is higher here.

Idea of leaving Thailand fore some Motherland sounds crazy. Is it Covid-Zero there?

• Haha 1

Of greater concern (IMO) are the local economic effects and potential for more crime.   Not so much so far, but there's always that line of around 8-9 meals (for some people) between being human and more animalistic behavior.   

Edited by Heng
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, SCOTT FITZGERSLD said:

i guess youmeant 8-9 meals a week

I mean if you can't buy food 3 days in a row, you might start to think of other ways of acquiring it.... stripping public power cables, petty theft, maybe graduate to burglary... ????

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Caldera said:

I can't even count how many times the sky was supposedly falling here in Thailand. And then it didn't.

My prediction is that they'll muddle through again, despite the outrageous ineptitude we've all been witnessing, and most of us will still be alive to see better times post lockdown. 

i think the numbers are cooked hard. 15000 infections and only 80-90 deaths? that

is an excellent rate of 0.67%...even the u,s, did not acheive it

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Meat Pie 47 said:

To all the idiots posting a laughing emoticon read this and I hope it was not your daughter

Tributes, donations pour in for 38-year-old woman who died from Covid-19 in Sydney

https://www.news.com.au/national/nsw-act/news/death-of-38yearold-nsw-covid-victim-should-serve-as-wake-up-call/news-story/d50315e04f463a318659234e27f0ad47

What was her federal or state-mandated eligibility for being vaccinated?

Had she been vaccinated?

Did she want to be vaccinated?

Did she ask her GP about getting the AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccine?

Did she have a GP?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

Had she been vaccinated?

Did she have a GP?

I guess you don;t live in OZ AstraZeneca is reserved for people over the age of 60 get it?

19 minutes ago, Meat Pie 47 said:
27 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

Had she been vaccinated?

Did she have a GP?

Expand  Expand  

I guess you don;t live in OZ AstraZeneca is reserved for people over the age of 60 get it?

You're right. I don't live in Australia but I can access the NSW government's Covid advisory website and read the following. If I can do it, so can you.

https://www.nsw.gov.au/covid-19/health-and-wellbeing/covid-19-vaccination-nsw/about-vaccine-rollout

Who can get a vaccine now

If you are aged

• 18 and 39 years old, you can ask your GP about getting the AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccine
  • 40 years of age or older, or match the eligibility criteria because of your job, medical conditions or if you are caring for a vulnerable person, you can get the vaccine now 
  • 40 to 59 years old, but have not yet been vaccinated and are unable to obtain an appointment for the Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine, you can discuss your circumstances with your GP. You may be able to get the AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccination based on your risk and the likely benefits for you
    • NSW Health vaccination clinics are also able to provide the AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccine to people aged over 40
  • 60 years and older and have not yet been vaccinated, book a COVID-19 vaccination appointment with your GP immediately.

Your GP is working hard to support you and will make every effort to help you to receive your COVID-19 vaccination. It’s important to be respectful and work with your GP to find out which vaccine is right for you.

To get the COVID-19 vaccine, you must book an appointment. Use the  vaccine eligibility checker to book an appointment.

If you are not eligible, you can register for notifications when the vaccine is available to you. 

COVID-19 vaccines are free for everyone in Australia regardless of Medicare or visa status.

So, getting off the emotional roller-coaster of this woman's untimely death that the NSW premier has horribly hijacked for her own self-agrandisement, if Adriana Midori Takara was willing to be vaccinated, how easy did they make it for her and the thousands of other 30-somethings to do so?

Edited by NanLaew
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Dmaxdan said:

More than likely arrogance got the better of them because last year's recorded infections were so low.

They probably felt that they didn't need to order and pay for millions of vaccines for future use because they were so efficient at controlling the virus the first time.

Best laid plans and all that...

True and yet not one person on TV Aseannow said last year, "I hope the government are stock piling on vaccines just in case"

Don't get me wrong, I'm not defending the Government but THEY, like most of the outside world thought that they had it under control. Hindsight is a wonderful thing.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, bbabythai said:

What I dont understand is why the Thai government didnt have the intelligence to pre-pay and mass order the vaccines back when western countries were doing this last yr. Absolutely useless bunch....

the penny dropped rather late.

Edited by orchis

10 hours ago, thailanddogerator said:

with such a post for sure the OP is a leader...

You and Johhny Mac should get together, then you can both take on Covid, real hero's, but do try and be careful not to kick sand in each others faces when walking hand in hand down at the beach.

Edited by 4MyEgo
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Johnny Mac said:

Hilarious, you scared curtain twitcher. 

It's natural to be scared, however being disconnected is for those who purport themselves to be made hero's on forum's, careful not to trip over your own shadow now hero.

10 hours ago, Meat Pie 47 said:

Just to educate you in Australia( Sydney ) one women just died at the age of 38 and without underlining conditions

Well aware of what goes on in Oz, as I am one.

The point I was making is that you cannot escape the Virus, it's worldwide, that said the only thing he can do is carry on normally with care and get vaccinated when he and his family can.

In time it will be like the flu is, but unless more people vaccinate we won't have any normality, this will be our future.  

9 hours ago, Meat Pie 47 said:

To all the idiots posting a laughing emoticon read this and I hope it was not your daughter

Tributes, donations pour in for 38-year-old woman who died from Covid-19 in Sydney

https://www.news.com.au/national/nsw-act/news/death-of-38yearold-nsw-covid-victim-should-serve-as-wake-up-call/news-story/d50315e04f463a318659234e27f0ad47

I am confused. 1000's of people in America, UK, Europe, everywhere have been dying every day for the last 16 months from Covid-19. 

Why is this woman different?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Skallywag said:

I am confused. 1000's of people in America, UK, Europe, everywhere have been dying every day for the last 16 months from Covid-19. 

Why is this woman different?

She's "different" as she's the first (?) woman under 50 to die of Covid in Australia since the pandemic began, so it's getting massive media.

https://www.health.gov.au/news/health-alerts/novel-coronavirus-2019-ncov-health-alert/coronavirus-covid-19-case-numbers-and-statistics#cases-and-deaths-by-age-and-sex

Edited by Harry Om
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, gargamon said:

Everything you say here WAS correct before the delta variant became prevalent. The delta variant is significantly more communicable than the earlier variants. https://www.npr.org/sections/goatsandsoda/2021/07/08/1013794996/why-the-delta-variant-is-so-contagious-a-new-study-sheds-light

Do try and keep up.

I'm up and always on top.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2021/07/26/what-history-tells-us-about-delta-variant-variants-that-will-follow/

• Haha 1