Why should I inject a vaccine that could kill me when I have no risk to be sick with covid ? A Thai boy told me, what can I reply him to push for vaccination ?

samtab

13 minutes ago, Jeffr2 said:

One.  Out of 17.  And they didn't vote no.  You're grasping here big time.

As are you saying kids are already being vaccinated. The one declined to vote. You're saying falsehoods in the name of enthusiasm about kids already being vaccinated.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

As are you saying kids are already being vaccinated. The one declined to vote. You're saying falsehoods in the name of enthusiasm about kids already being vaccinated.

What?  Please, read my post again.  Not sure what you're replying to.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, WhiteBuffaloATM said:

la8rat: incredibly large numbers of clear pseudo crackpot beliefs. what on earth do they teach at high schools there ? and what explains the bizarre paradox between this and USA having 15/ 20 best universities worldwide (other 5/20 in UK) ? i would and have initially encouraged such blind fools to start being rational by simply reading the clear & simple Wikipedia definitions of Pseudo - Science, Conspiracy Theories and Debunking.

And thus the problem were in. Boggles the mind.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, EVENKEEL said:

Just met with my 14 year old niece. Got first Pfizer jab and is soo happy. Everyone in her school wants the jab. Everyone. I guess only kids with foreign parents are having second thoughts.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Jeffr2 said:

Just met with my 14 year old niece. Got first Pfizer jab and is soo happy. Everyone in her school wants the jab. Everyone. I guess only kids with foreign parents are having second thoughts.

Thailand does things their own way, mix and match. Not known to think for themselves.

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

Love the way childless people spew advice to parents. 

You know objectively as much about my parental status as I do about yours. In other words,  nothing. As for the children who were part of the test groups, are they all orphans? Or were they hatched from test tubes? The flaw in your self-aggrandizing claim to special authority on the issue is so large that a baby carriage big enough to contain quintuplets could pass through it.

Edited by placeholder
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, placeholder said:

You know objectively as much about my parental status as I do about yours. As for the children who were part of the test groups, are they all orphans? Or were they hatched from test tubes? The flaw in your self-aggrandizing claim to special authority on the issue is so large that a baby carriage big enough to contain quintuplets could pass through it.

Not my problem if you take my one liner personal.

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, placeholder said:

I guess since you've got nothing, you try and make it personal. It does nothing to hide the gaping hole in your reasoning.

It hasn't even been approved, guess the majority of American parents feel the same as me.

https://newyorklatestnews.com/poll-27-of-parents-give-their-children-the-5-11-vaccine-immediately/319834/

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, EVENKEEL said:

It hasn't even been approved, guess the majority of American parents feel the same as me.

https://newyorklatestnews.com/poll-27-of-parents-give-their-children-the-5-11-vaccine-immediately/319834/

And this proves what exactly? That being emotionally involved makes for more level-headed assessments of risk?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, placeholder said:

And this proves what exactly? That being emotionally involved makes for more level-headed assessments of risk?

Wow, deflection 101. As I said before you have nothing to lose by being a vaccine enthusiast for 5 yr olds. 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10135699/Experts-urge-UK-steer-clear-vaccinating-children-moves-closer-jabbing-FIVE-year-olds.html

Edited by EVENKEEL
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, EVENKEEL said:

Thailand does things their own way, mix and match. Not known to think for themselves.

At least in Khorat, children are only getting Pfizer. Spoke with her at length about this last night. She doesn't know anyone who doesn't want the vaccine. They are super excited about getting it.

I guess only kids with farang parents are having the problems.

1 hour ago, Jeffr2 said:

At least in Khorat, children are only getting Pfizer. Spoke with her at length about this last night. She doesn't know anyone who doesn't want the vaccine. They are super excited about getting it.

I guess only kids with farang parents are having the problems.

She's five is she as that's what's being argued. Thai parents aren't known for thinking for themselves. Your argument seems to be monkey see, monkey do. My little girl is learning to think for herself.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10135699/Experts-urge-UK-steer-clear-vaccinating-children-moves-closer-jabbing-FIVE-year-olds.html

1 hour ago, Jeffr2 said:

Another reason taken away for not getting the jab. Anti vaxxers world is getting smaller and smaller. LOL

https://www.statnews.com/2021/10/29/fda-pfizer-vaccine-covid19-children/

FDA authorizes Pfizer Covid-19 vaccine for children aged 5 to 11

You seem to think the FDA is god, try reading.

Before the vaccine becomes widely available, it will also need to be recommended by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. The decision on that recommendation is made after a meeting of an expert committee, the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices, or ACIP. The CDC director must then approve ACIP’s recommendations. That committee is scheduled to meet on Nov. 2.

5 hours ago, EVENKEEL said:

Wow, deflection 101. As I said before you have nothing to lose by being a vaccine enthusiast for 5 yr olds. 

Once again, your bias blinds you to the fact it that it could just as sensibly, or rather non sensibly, that you have nothing to lose. Or that your bias, in the face of evidence to the contrary, makes you exaggerate the risk and minimize the downside of not getting your alleged child vaccinated.

When 16 out of 17 experts approved the use of it and 1 abstained, you focused on that one abstention. But when 27% of parents, are in favor of getting their children vaccinated, that doesn't count.

As for that article, was that drawn from a representative poll of experts? Or did the daily mail  seek out only those opposed to such a measure? 

Edited by placeholder
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

She's five is she as that's what's being argued. Thai parents aren't known for thinking for themselves. Your argument seems to be monkey see, monkey do. My little girl is learning to think for herself.

Maybe the Thai parents you hang out with, not the ones I know. Several are medical professionals.

Daily Mail? Jeez. You sure gravitate towards dodgy outlets looking for dodgy articles. At least it did say this.

Data used to justify the FDA panel's decision showed nearly 180 children would be expected to suffer from myocarditis for every death the vaccine would prevent if the rollout went ahead.

But the side effect would not be expected to cause any deaths. 

The rollout would stop over 200 hospitalisations and a handful of deaths over a six-month period, by comparison.

And the data showed it could stop tens of thousands of infections in the same time.

3 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

You seem to think the FDA is god, try reading.

Before the vaccine becomes widely available, it will also need to be recommended by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. The decision on that recommendation is made after a meeting of an expert committee, the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices, or ACIP. The CDC director must then approve ACIP’s recommendations. That committee is scheduled to meet on Nov. 2.

You really are anti vax. Looking for anything to diminish the vaccine. Please, give it up. Please.

• Sad 1