Why should I inject a vaccine that could kill me when I have no risk to be sick with covid ? A Thai boy told me, what can I reply him to push for vaccination ?

samtab

28 minutes ago, Salerno said:

Ask him how old is siblings are, his parents, his grandparents, his aunts, his uncles, his cousins, his neighbours, his friends families, if anyone in his/his friends extended families or neighbours have existing health issues and then ask him how he would feel if he caught it and passed it on to these people and they died with the resulting consequences for those left behind.

Then explain although he may still catch it and be contagious the chances are less than if he's unvaccinated.

Then ask him to read reliable sources on the pros and cons of the current vaccines and about "long covid".

If he then still can't see it's not just about him, bid him and his family good luck.

I suppose this is what they call a catch 22 situation.  

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, samtab said:

A Thai boy told me why should I inject a vaccine that could kill me when I have no risk to be sick with covid ?

Can I ask you what I can reply him to push for vaccination please ?

Is he yours? Box him in the ear. He isn't? Box him anyway.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Salerno said:

Ask him how old is siblings are, his parents, his grandparents, his aunts, his uncles, his cousins, his neighbours, his friends families, if anyone in his/his friends extended families or neighbours have existing health issues and then ask him how he would feel if he caught it and passed it on to these people and they died with the resulting consequences for those left behind.

Then explain although he may still catch it and be contagious the chances are less than if he's unvaccinated.

Then ask him to read reliable sources on the pros and cons of the current vaccines and about "long covid".

If he then still can't see it's not just about him, bid him and his family good luck.

...and goodbye.

• Haha 1

Tell him not to get hung up about it, there are millions in the queue in front of him anyway. He will be safe in the knowledge that when Thailand does get round to giving him a jab in 2024, we should know a little more about its long term effects (if any. )

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, cnx1204 said:

Take him to an emergency room and have him watch the patients coming in for a hour or two.... if they will let him.  

Depending on the province, it may take more than an hour or two, and you'll be exposing him to Covid-infected people.  I've found that it's very easy to hang outside E/Rs in Thailand, in their outside waiting areas where they unload their patients.  The busy ones have nurses who do triage outside so you get a clue as to the patient's problem, while you're waiting for your Grab driver to pick you up.

Personally, I don't think this is a good idea, at least for Covid vaccination.  It is a good idea to convince someone to wear a motorcycle helmet.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, fishtank said:

Don't bother.

You can't fix stupid.

maybe a little harsh without knowing why he has that opinion,  from my observations where are probably  millions of stupid people world wide who have the same opinion that was and still is being demonstrated daily if you care to read the foreign news - 

• Haha 1