Why should I inject a vaccine that could kill me when I have no risk to be sick with covid ? A Thai boy told me, what can I reply him to push for vaccination ?

samtab

7 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

It depends on who's doing it, yes?

Well since governments around the world have been requiring childhood vaccinations for a long time, including what are called Western democracies, I guess we've all been living under a dictatorship for decades at least. So what difference does one more required vaccination make?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, placeholder said:

Well since governments around the world have been requiring childhood vaccinations for a long time, including what are called Western democracies, I guess we've all been living under a dictatorship for decades at least. So what difference does one more required vaccination make?

It does not make any difference to the people that want it.

6 minutes ago, placeholder said:

At least in CA, children are not required to be vaccinated. 

• Haha 1

As there is nothing in the way of clinical studies of the adverse effects, and we have no idea who those people are, what they suffered from, or any other data. What we do know is that the anti-vax movement is using stats such as these, to create fear, and discourage society from being reasonable, and doing what it can to prevent further spread. 

Let's deal with facts for a moment. We do know that over 5 billion have received at least one dose worldwide, and we'll over 2 billion have been fully vaccinated, according to multiple sources. If you take a body of 2 billion people, 1.5 million or one tenth of one percent, are going to get sick from something every year. Was it the vaccine? Do we know? Will we ever know? 

The 15,000 deaths are far less interesting, as they represent less deaths than would normally occur, from such a huge population group. In 2015, 55 million people died of something worldwide. That is about 4.6 million people per month. So, the 15,000 means less than zero, within a group that huge, lacking any clinical evidence.

I am far more interested in science, than I am in fear mongering. And even though I am not a VAX guy, I feel at this time, getting a high quality vaccine represents a reasonable fulfillment of an obligation to society, and a minor sacrifice for anti-vax people to make. Doubly so for the ones who run around draping themselves in a flag of patriotism. 

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

Things in my book should be carried in a reasonable way to take choice away is a dictotorial way forward which it just as unacceptable.

There are many things that the government mandates, and has taken away your choice. We live in a democracy. Actions individuals take that impact others are regulated. And nothing to do with dictatorship. In this case, the majority approve. Get the jab. Not getting it is unacceptable.

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

I'm not sure where you going in UK remember my mother on docs advice not allowing me to have all the vaccinations for children because I had Asthma can't remember which one. 

Not getting a vaccine for medical reasons is perfectly fine. Not getting it because you've fallen for the fake news media outlets is not fine. There's a huge difference.

25 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Apparently some people believe that there is one world government and that government is the USA.

apparently some people even think it makes a difference whether the state or the federal government mandates the vaccines.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jeffr2 said:

Not getting a vaccine for medical reasons is perfectly fine. Not getting it because you've fallen for the fake news media outlets is not fine. There's a huge difference.

Not everyone think the same though do they. ????

• Like 2

1 hour ago, placeholder said:

To attend school, they are. Except for medical exemptions.

But not to be home schooled, and only since 2016. I support schools mandating students be vaccinated to attend. 

In any event. people claiming all children have to be vaccinated are lying. 

Just now, Yellowtail said:

But not to be home schooled, and only since 2016. I support schools mandating students be vaccinated to attend. 

In any event. people claiming all children have to be vaccinated are lying. 

So are people claiming that businesses mandating vaccination means dictatorship being truthful?

Also, you're still operating under the assumption that the only government that is significant in this regard is the USA or states thereof. You really want to go with that?

• Like 1

So are people claiming that businesses mandating vaccination means dictatorship being truthful?

What people are claiming that? As I understand it. a dictator would be in charge of a dictatorship, not a company. But in general, I think people that call Biden or a company CEO a dictator are just as stupid as people that called Trump a dictator. 

Also, you're still operating under the assumption that the only government that is significant in this regard is the USA or states thereof. You really want to go with that?

In what regard?

• Like 1

On 10/24/2021 at 5:49 AM, Yellowtail said:

At least the researchers that agree with them. 

When were all the "public health researchers" canvased? 

CDC, NHS, lots of international health agencies.

The anti-vaxxers largely rely on religious conviction that Jesus will save them from infection.

1 hour ago, Danderman123 said:

The anti-vaxxers largely rely on religious conviction that Jesus will save them from infection.

And yet, most ministers and leaders of religious groups support the vaccine.  Bizarre.

1 hour ago, Danderman123 said:

I certainly don't think that the majority of us who are jab hesitant in the UK are thinking God will save us.  I myself am atheist. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, LA8RAT said:

I certainly don't think that the majority of us who are jab hesitant in the UK are thinking God will save us.  I myself am atheist. 

Why are you hesitant then?  The vaccines are proven, impossible to deny that.  They save lives, that's been proven.  Just curious.