Vaccine registration for people over 18 starts tomorrow

snoop1130

640dc9888d68f67268e1071a29d16132_small.jpg

BANGKOK (NNT) - The COVID-19 vaccination center at Bang Sue Grand Station in Bangkok will allow people over 18 years old to make a vaccination appointment via four telecommunication networks, starting tomorrow (July 29). This morning, many people, including the elderly, again arrived at Bang Sue Grand Station to receive their jabs.

The first gate of the vaccination center in Bang Sue is open to the elderly, pregnant women, and people weighing over 100 kilograms. The second, third and fourth gates are for people who have registered on the Mohpromt platform and mobile networks.

Previously, many people lined up outside the building, waiting to receive the vaccine. Each zone is now clearly separate, with chairs and tents provided to those waiting for their shots, and officials are providing assistance and making sure that everyone is seated.

People at the vaccination center said they were happy with the orderliness because the zones are clearly marked and they don’t have to wait too long. They said they are not concerned about possible side effects of the COVID-19 vaccines.

Tomorrow, people can register for their first AstraZeneca dose via four mobile networks, including Advanced Info Service (AIS), True Corporation, Total Access Communication (DTAC) and National Telecom (NT). The conditions are as follows:

1. People over 18 years old will receive jabs from a reserved 10,000 doses per day.

2. People over 60 years old and people with any of seven chronic diseases, including chronic respiratory disease, cardiovascular disease, chronic kidney disease, stroke, obesity, cancer and diabetes, will also receive shots from a reserved 10,000 doses per day.

3. Accompanying persons are excluded.

4. Reservations starts at 9 a.m. on July 29th, 2021.

5. People can check reservation methods with their respective mobile networks.

6. The vaccination period is between August 1st and 31st, 2021.

nnt.jpg
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

I'm foreign, living outside of Bangkok, aged 60+ no underlying symptoms.

I am not traveling to Bang sue to get vaccinated.

My local government hospital has on 3 occasions told me I cannot register there and must wait for further notifications from the government health ministry.

16 minutes ago, Freddy42OZ said:

Rubbish.  Several expat members have already reported getting their shots there. 

registration started only 2h ago and vaccination will be given in august.

Yes, several lucky once were already vaccinated. From my observation, reading forums, around 10 of them. 

15 hours ago, internationalism said:

strictly not for foreigners, under any circumstances.

They have to pay private

Not universally true or correct. I got my AZ vaccination at Bumrungrad International Hospital in Bangkok, probably the best hospital in Thailand and among the most expensive, and it, the vaccination was free, as will be the 2nd dose in mid-October. Keep informed. Consult your doctor or hospital of record.

• Like 1

so I have to believe forum members with tens of posts, who suddenly appear on boards to prise vaccination program  for foreigners, while being active with 5 posts yearly.

In your speedy rebuttals you both missed to read the article - registration starts only today. Has to do with Bang Sue and not any hospital.

I am healthy, don't need for doctors in the most expensive private hospital (anyway, my insurance doesn't cover that and all similar rip-off hospitals).

This hospital is able to get vax for their patients only because they have high connections at ministry of health (read - give premium bribes). There is no any other explanation why young and healthy are able to get jab there, but not sick seniors in some other hospitals

Edited by internationalism

Not to worry, the government has just announced all of us Falang in the north/northeast are going to get Sinovac very soon.

Sinovac or not just get it if you have a chance, you can always take alternative later when its available.

if you're talking about 60 and above some people got vaccinated already, but if you're talking about 60 under most people cannot get vaccinate, i think this one you can register as a foreigner

Edited by vinci

3 hours ago, Cat Boy said:

Not universally true or correct. I got my AZ vaccination at Bumrungrad International Hospital in Bangkok, probably the best hospital in Thailand and among the most expensive, and it, the vaccination was free, as will be the 2nd dose in mid-October. Keep informed. Consult your doctor or hospital of record.

Doesn't work. I am registered at Bangkok Pattaya and Pattaya Memorial neither of which will let me register!