Vaccines for foreigners: Those living upcountry to get Sinovac first

webfact

1 hour ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Oh Joy!!!  I'm sure all the outlying province folks are going to be overjoyed to learn the Thai government is going to grace them with Sinovac doses -- IF they can actually find any place where they live that's now giving vaccinations to foreigners.

And hey guys, what about the 150,000 U.S. Pfizer doses supposedly set aside for age 60+ foreign nationals in Thailand?  Have those, arriving tomorrow, suddenly evaporated somehow???

The local Thais are being given Sinovac. 
Why should the foreigners living in the outlying provinces be treated any differently?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

I didn't know that but I do know that you don't need to have had a vaccine to enter the UK. 

A home country can never refuse his nationals to enter ....but after entering they can do with them as they feel need to do  ...????

• Like 2

Per this Washington Post article about 1/10 of 1% of medical workers in Thailand who received two doses of Sinovac became infected. The April to July 2021 timeframe includes the introduction of Delta variant into Bangkok April 2021 per BP article 6JULY2021.

Hundreds of Thais inoculated with Sinovac are infected as cases spike in Southeast Asia

July 12, 2021 at 5:11 a.m. EDT

More than 600 Thai medical workers who were fully inoculated with the Sinovac vaccine were infected by the coronavirus, which is now raging through Southeast Asia.

The 618 cases were among the 677,348 medical staff who had received two doses of the Chinese-developed coronavirus vaccine between April to July, government data show. Among those infected are a nurse who died and a health-care worker in critical condition

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/2021/07/12/coronavirus-latest-updates/

Edited by jerrymahoney
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, david555 said:

A home country can never refuse his nationals to enter ....but after entering they can do with them as they feel need to do  ...????

Well, Australia does deny entry to Australians, if I’m not mistaken……

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

I don't think so, all high-risk people there have been vaccinated. 

Is that why there is currently a spike in infections in UK?

No, it's because all the precautions have been lifted.

2 hours ago, Neeranam said:

Never knew the second jab could be a different vaccine. 

I am booked for Moderna in October, could I get the Sinovac next month too?

This was announced weeks ago. Where have you been...??? 

Most people  up country(Thai and expatriates with pink cards over 60) who got their first AZ jab in June have appointments extending to 16 weeks in between first and second jab. Are these appointments reduced now to 12 weeks for the second AZ jab? Noting that in deep red provinces the pause between the two AZ jab is 12 weeks, one would assume that 12 weeks is the maximum allowable pause. Or am I wrong????

• Like 2

Here I am "up country" and got my  first shot of AZ day before yesterday.  At least the label on my form for next time says it's AZ... Batch No. and all !

Wonder if there is any info on AZ first and Sinovac  second  ! ????

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Rookiescot said:

Would this vaccination cocktail be recognised in Western countries is you had to travel?  

Highly unlikely, but depends on the country as Sinovac is not WHO approved and has no published Stage 3 trial results. There is no way that vaccine is being used on me.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Nojohndoe said:

Here I am "up country" and got my  first shot of AZ day before yesterday.  At least the label on my form for next time says it's AZ... Batch No. and all !

Where abouts up country please?

• Like 1

Well, better than a poke in the eye with a blunt sharp. But who else is perplexed by the irony that many of our countries are donating meds, while going out of their way not to "offend" the recipients by ignoring their own citizens here, while we're getting the "dregs" of all the inbound donations so far.

• Like 1

Yeah given the Chinese vaccine Tal From is here what a great idea Thailand has Everything I read about that Chinese vaccine is after a few months it’s gone why would anybody in the government order so much of a useless in one of the first quarter of the vaccines in the country I know why TIT

• Confused 1

39 minutes ago, damascase said:

Well, Australia does deny entry to Australians, if I’m not mistaken……

I don't think any country can deny entry to its own citizens, damascase. 

Make them go into Isolation, yes..but deny them entry--put them on a plane to where ?

Many Australians have left Thailand to return--not having been Vaxed yet.

Edited by sanuk711

10 minutes ago, Nojohndoe said:

Do you have a date for your second jab? As far as I could gather, they don't intend vaccinating first with AZ and a second jab of Sinovac. It's only the other way around, at least for now.......

6 minutes ago, steven100 said:
1 hour ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Why?

because it has not been as effective as first proclaimed especially against the Delta variant.

So what?  Neither have any of the others.   Foreigners accepting Sinovac in the absence of an alternative is perfectly "sane".

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

You missed a lot. It's under discussion and evaluation since weeks.

I think Thailand is not the only one.

Hoping that the second jab will be AZ I will take the Sinovac stuff tomorrow.

You can trust the plans/promises in this country, don't you?

Your body your choice, and how can you trust a government that changes it's mind from day to day? Can you tell me just one promise they have kept?

2 hours ago, Neeranam said:

Never knew the second jab could be a different vaccine. 

I am booked for Moderna in October, could I get the Sinovac next month too?

Many countries did cross vaccinations, but it can cause problems later on if you want to travel, as not all countries accept cross vaccinations. 

Even Thailand don't accept it for tourists, even if they use same method, which is quite stupid. 

Here in Denmark we have 150.000 people cross vaccinated with AZ for first shot and Pfizer as Second, due to government stopped using AZ due to small risk of death as a side-effect. 

So that's 150.000 people who can't go to Thailand if they wanted. 

As for your own vaccine. I would fight like hell to get Pfizer or Moderna, as these seems to work the best against various variants and we will probably see more variants after Delta. 

Personally I wanted Pfizer or Moderna for more than a year after reading about the tech. 

I wouldn't mind getting AZ or J&J but only if I couldn't get the other 2. 

As a result of Denmark stopped using AZ and never started their official program with J&J most of the 71% vaccinated Danes so far has got Pfizer and Moderna. 

Got 2x Pfizer myself and couldn't be happier with that. 

I hope you are able to get your Moderna. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, abrahamzvi said:

Do you have a date for your second jab? As far as I could gather, they don't intend vaccinating first with AZ and a second jab of Sinovac. It's only the other way around, at least for now.......

My second jab is set for 19th October. Seems a long way out but I am guessing they need to spin out supplies and therefore time  frames.

I was actually just  joking about the reverse shots.

3 hours ago, webfact said:

For other people in Bangkok not wanting to go to Bang Sue or for people in the provinces register at a hospital vaccination center or your regular hospital. You will be given a date for vaccination, turn up and get the job done.