Vaccines for foreigners: Those living upcountry to get Sinovac first

webfact

1 hour ago, ThailandRyan said:

So never a second opinion.  You get a sliver in your finger and the doctor says we need to amputate the hand and you go along with that.  Strange way to think in my book.

My doctor would have taken your whole arm off.

• Haha 2

Two doses are important to give the fullest protection and teach the body to make antibodies and T cells to block and kill Covid.

The Com-Cov study, which looked at giving the doses four weeks apart in 850 volunteers aged 50 and above, found:

• AZ followed by Pfizer induced higher antibodies and T cell responses than Pfizer followed by AZ
  • Both of these mixes induced higher antibodies than two doses of AZ
  • The highest antibody response was seen after two doses of Pfizer, and the highest T cell response from AZ followed by Pfizer

https://www.bbc.com/news/health-57636356

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, damascase said:

Well, Australia does deny entry to Australians, if I’m not mistaken……

you are right there and you are not aloud out they can't kill us with a war anymore so not it is with this virus and it's vaccine

• Haha 1

Let's face it, we are being used for research!  According to a reuters article, dated July 12 "There have been no studies specifically on mixing Sinovac and AstraZeneca released, "  https://www.reuters.com/world/asia-pacific/thailand-starts-tighter-coronavirus-lockdown-around-capital-2021-07-12/

Would it not be better to wait and see what the research comes up with.  I think that I shall ask for my second shot first (AZ) in the hope that there will be sufficient AZ in 12 weeks for my 1st shot (second)  if you follow me ????

Edited by grandpa

2 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

You missed a lot. It's under discussion and evaluation since weeks.

I think Thailand is not the only one.

Hoping that the second jab will be AZ I will take the Sinovac stuff tomorrow.

You can trust the plans/promises in this country, don't you?

This combination Sinovac + AstraZeneca is not recognized by the Canadian Government:

"To be considered fully vaccinated, you must:

• be eligible to enter Canada
  • have received the full series of an accepted COVID-19 vaccine or a combination of accepted vaccines.

Accepted vaccines:

• Pfizer-BioNTech (Comirnaty, tozinameran, BNT162b2)
  • Moderna (mRNA-1273)
  • AstraZeneca/COVISHIELD (ChAdOx1-S, Vaxzevria, AZD1222)
  • Janssen/Johnson & Johnson (Ad26.COV2.S)

Vaccines not currently accepted for fully vaccinated status in Canada:

• Bharat Biotech (Covaxin, BBV152 A, B, C)
  • Cansino (Convidecia, Ad5-nCoV)
  • Gamalaya (Sputnik V, Gam-Covid-Vac)
  • Sinopharm (BBIBP-CorV, Sinopharm-Wuhan)
  • Sinovac (CoronaVac, PiCoVacc)
  • Vector Institute (EpiVacCorona)
  • Other

Now what to do to enter Canada?

• Like 2

Dear G can no one make up their mind?

Sinovac was slated for being the least effective, aspecially after just 1 jab.

Sinovac had a low half life meaning it wasn't long before it was even less effective.

It was initialy reported that SInovac should not be given to over 60s.

It was later reported that Sinovac was actually ok for everyone.

And now it's great if you combine it with a vaccine that's performing better.

They sure are coming up with ways to use up unwanted stock. No sale or return here.

Edited by Saltire
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, damascase said:

Well, Australia does deny entry to Australians, if I’m not mistaken……

Yes , but that is a very special continent .... did you not see some YouTube about their border control ???? ......and not forget they are the result & heritage of "England's bad history " making Australia that time a deportation continent ????

Edited by david555

7 minutes ago, IamNoone88 said:

Two doses are important to give the fullest protection and teach the body to make antibodies and T cells to block and kill Covid.

The Com-Cov study, which looked at giving the doses four weeks apart in 850 volunteers aged 50 and above, found:

• AZ followed by Pfizer induced higher antibodies and T cell responses than Pfizer followed by AZ
  • Both of these mixes induced higher antibodies than two doses of AZ
  • The highest antibody response was seen after two doses of Pfizer, and the highest T cell response from AZ followed by Pfizer

https://www.bbc.com/news/health-57636356

Well, in my case when I suffered from Covid in December last year, the end result was beneficial Presumably, because my immune system was up for the job. The virus  - not getting any joy apart from a headache and loss of smell attacked the largest organ on my body, my skin. Huge blobs attached on top of my DSAP dry scaly patches for several days, until my DNA fought it off leaving my skin better looking for years.

High levels of D3 and Zinc worked well. As for vaccines, they will be not taken. 

11 minutes ago, Saltire said:

Dear G can no one make up their mind?

Sinovac was slated for being the least effective, aspecially after just 1 jab.

Sinovac had a low half life meaning it wasn't long before it was even less effective.

It was initialy reported that SInovac should not be given to over 60s.

It was later reported that Sinovac was actually ok for everyone.

And now it's great if you combine it with a vaccine that's performing better.

They sure are coming up with ways to use up unwanted stock. No sale or return here.

You clearly don't understand what effectiveness means in regards to a vaccine. The half-life you are referring to is about antibody levels. Effectiveness is about how well the vaccine performs in the real world. Particularly against infections. But it can also refer, when specified, to how well it protects against serious symptoms and death. Sinovac, like Pfizer, Moderna, Astra Zeneca, and Janssen, consistently has put up better numbers re effectiveness against serious symptoms and death than it has against infections.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, brommers said:

Highly unlikely, but depends on the country as Sinovac is not WHO approved and has no published Stage 3 trial results. There is no way that vaccine is being used on me.

It's true that SinoVac is not accepted in some countries for the purposes of qualifying as fully vaccinated but it is approved by the WHO and they have published phase III results.

WHO validates Sinovac COVID-19 vaccine for emergency use and issues interim policy recommendations

As stated in that article:

The EUL pathway involves a rigorous assessment of late phase II and phase III clinical trial data.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mfd101 said:

Cocktails are fine, but remember: Shaken, not stirred.

And "he..007 "reached 90 years old with it ????

Edited by david555

31 minutes ago, Virt said:

As for your own vaccine. I would fight like hell to get Pfizer or Moderna, as these seems to work the best against various variants and we will probably see more variants after Delta.

Fight like hell to get what isn't here?

• Like 2

It’s free and on offer, their not forced to give you anything I’ve had the first one already I’m just glad I’ve had it and looking forward to the next one in a few days, everything was done professionally and quickly no waiting around except for exactly 30 minutes from getting it before you can leave just to make sure your ok.

If World Health are saying do not Mix Vaccines why is Thailand pushing for a Mix dose ??????? https://www.reuters.com/business/healthcare-pharmaceuticals/who-warns-against-mixing-matching-covid-vaccines-2021-07-12/ This is what has been put up for all to see ??????????????????????????????. Sinavac has been used on frontline Health workers and the success has not been great ,but better to have had that over nothing ????? ,you need to make sure that all get to see the response from WHO.   

1 minute ago, Moza said:

If World Health are saying do not Mix Vaccines why is Thailand pushing for a Mix dose ??????? https://www.reuters.com/business/healthcare-pharmaceuticals/who-warns-against-mixing-matching-covid-vaccines-2021-07-12/ This is what has been put up for all to see ??????????????????????????????. Sinavac has been used on frontline Health workers and the success has not been great ,but better to have had that over nothing ????? ,you need to make sure that all get to see the response from WHO.   

Did you actually read anything more than the headline of the article you linked to? Here are the first 3 sentences:

"The World Health Organization's chief scientist has advised individuals against mixing and matching COVID-19 vaccines from different manufacturers, saying such decisions should be left to public health authorities.

"It's a little bit of a dangerous trend here," Soumya Swaminathan told an online briefing on Monday after a question about booster shots. "It will be a chaotic situation in countries if citizens start deciding when and who will be taking a second, a third and a fourth dose."

https://www.reuters.com/business/healthcare-pharmaceuticals/who-warns-against-mixing-matching-covid-vaccines-2021-07-12/

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Neeranam said:

Never knew the second jab could be a different vaccine. 

I am booked for Moderna in October, could I get the Sinovac next month too?

no no no!

do not have two different vaccines.

check on the WHO website

If you are in the Provinces, best advice is to phone your local hospital and ask for the current vaccination programme. For example Maha Sarakham has 2 vaccination clinics, based at the university campuses and you can walk in, register and have vaccination on the same day. Currently it is Sinovac for first injection and I was promised Astra Zeneca for the second injection.

No alcohol for 3 days after the jab, so you might want to avoid Friday clinic days.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1