Doctor suggests prayer as she describes the desperate situation at Ban Paew Hospital

webfact

E2AFD135-D537-4D50-9FDB-A0748A74A2D5.jpg

“At this moment when science, medicine and medical treatment are not easily accessible, we will have to rely on the deities,” said Dr. Sandy, a pseudonym used for a Facebook page run by a doctor, with a following of over 5,500 people.

The doctor at Ban Paew district hospital, in Thailand’s coastal province of Samut Sakhon, posted an image of the scene in front of the hospital’s emergency ward, showing a row of COVID-19 patients lying on stretchers waiting for empty hospital beds.

She said that some of them had died while waiting and that there is a shortage of ventilators. “The number of deaths that the government announces every day is not just figures, they are human beings,” she said, adding that some children became orphans because they lose their parents to COVID-19.

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/doctor-suggests-prayer-as-he-describes-the-desperate-situation-at-ban-paew-hospital/

Logo-top-.png
  • Sad 5

thai sanhga gave pali name to this illness - covido.

Monks were ordered to pray every day, the government asked them to do so.

Somehow, it doesn't work, as suppose to. Shame for the monks and the government.

Maybe order monks to do voodoo rituals.

https://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/2021/05/11/govt-asks-temples-to-chant-daily-prayers-to-ward-off-covid-19/

and this one is yet from March 2020, before the first wave started

https://prachatai.com/english/node/8416

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, SCOTT FITZGERSLD said:

soon thai authorities will be forced to keep the mild cases at home, and than things will be easier. maybe even less deaths becauseassymptomatic / easy cases wil not get infected.

... and spreading will increase as R0 goes up, which is why patents are isolated to begin with. Unfortunately they are out of options.

• Like 1

Post with unattributed content and responses to it removed.

If you are going to quote "facts and figures" you need to state where you are getting them from and provide a link in support or it will be removed.

26 minutes ago, rabas said:

... and spreading will increase as R0 goes up, which is why patents are isolated to begin with. Unfortunately they are out of options.

what i meant is that  they will send patients to isolate at home.

and they are not out of option.

their best option now is to open the whole country completly like mexico and sweden did and do.

there will be a death toll to pay. but at least the economy (=many lives) will be saved.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, SCOTT FITZGERSLD said:

soon thai authorities will be forced to keep the mild cases at home, and than things will be easier. maybe even less deaths becauseassymptomatic / easy cases wil not get infected.

You should read that again........ 'asymptomatic / easy cases will not get infected'......that is an oxymoron......

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

A lot of those posters that supported him and the coup are still busy trying to tell us what's best for Thailand and who is/isn't corrupt. 

You'd think theyd have developed a little humility given their woefully poor judgement but apparently not. 

To me he seems likely the type of guy that, the more people say he should quit on-the-spot, the more determined he is not to do so.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

You should read that again........ 'asymptomatic / easy cases will not get infected'......that is an oxymoron......

the hardness of the illness is influenced by the quantity of the virus in the infected body.

when lighly infected person is locked with many others, harder cases, the virus can multiply in

his body faster and easier, resulting in harder symptoms.

that is one of the findings that made health authorities in other countries to call lighter symptoms cases

to stay in home quarantine, or to open hotels for lighter cases.

but those countries placed the infected in seperate rooms. here in thailand they prepare mass

isolation for hundreads of people together, with no walls seperating between them.

gonna be a long journey for thailand.

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, edwinchester said:

Since last year Thailand has had alot more deaths than previous years. The suspicion is that many of these will be unreported covid-19 related.

https://www.eastasiaforum.org/2020/08/06/lifting-the-veil-on-thailands-covid-19-success-story/

I have a suspicion that the UK counted anyone who died within 1-3 months of a positive test as having died from covid.Thais seem to be being more precise in classifying a death from covid (not with covid) so I suspect the numbers will vary considerably.It seems to be more to do with how one classifies their deaths rather than what actually happens.I can trust the experts but what I don't trust is the media (don't trust em) telling me what a politician (don't trust them either) was told by an expert.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, FarFlungFalang said:

I have a suspicion that the UK counted anyone who died within 1-3 months of a positive test as having died from covid.Thais seem to be being more precise in classifying a death from covid (not with covid) so I suspect the numbers will vary considerably.It seems to be more to do with how one classifies their deaths rather than what actually happens.I can trust the experts but what I don't trust is the media (don't trust em) telling me what a politician (don't trust them either) was told by an expert.

I stand to be corrected but believe the UK classifies as covid-19 related death if within 28 days of a positive test.

I too believe that Thai deaths as classed as from covid are true on an individual basis but what I find hard to believe are the numbers due to under reporting and lack of testing.

We share our distrust of media and politicians.

• Like 2