Doctor suggests prayer as she describes the desperate situation at Ban Paew Hospital

webfact

2 hours ago, SCOTT FITZGERSLD said:

assymptomatic / easy cases wil not get infected.

They are already infected but do not show many/severe symptoms .

Edited by jvs

1 hour ago, SCOTT FITZGERSLD said:

what i meant is that  they will send patients to isolate at home.

and they are not out of option.

their best option now is to open the whole country completly like mexico and sweden did and do.

there will be a death toll to pay. but at least the economy (=many lives) will be saved.

Sounds like a human sacrifice! 

Still, the bread heads will be happy. 

3 hours ago, Virt said:

One can only imagine what goes through the minds of those people placed outside the hospital.

It's not looking good if they are starting to run out of beds and equipment ????

And it's the rainy/storm season. Bad luck for those stuck outside beside the road, as in the photo.

5 hours ago, webfact said:

“At this moment when science, medicine and medical treatment are not easily accessible, we will have to rely on the deities,” said Dr. Sandy, a pseudonym used for a Facebook page run by a doctor, with a following of over 5,500 people.

Might as well try it, Prayut thinks it's all going to be better in 4-6 weeks.

You won't be getting any help from him or Anutin, they're fresh out of any ideas.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Blumpie said:

It's just a flu!  It's just a flu!

Excuse me, I've been dropped on my head eighty six times.

At age 86 indeed getting the flu could be a medical emergency. My grandfather passed at your age after catching the flu which quickly advanced into pneumonia. Stay safe.

4 hours ago, FarFlungFalang said:

4,500 dead so far only 125,000 to go to catch up to the UK.You ain't seen nothing yet.

Well, that may become a reality unless Thailand soon begin taking severe preventive actions, since Myanmar is now rapidly becoming the new Covid epicenter of the world, a country that is even more in a civil war today than it was 2 months ago, a country in political, financial and social destruction (as well as currently having a severe flood crisis), a population that is becoming increasingly more desperate to flee across borders, to countries that together accounts for 30% of the world's population, as well as Thailand. In fact, especially Thailand, considering Burmese people has had a long history of having far greater opportunities in Thailand than in any of its other neighboring countries.

Just saying. It's at least something to be vary about.

Really sad, but we are all guilty of becoming desensitized to the deaths, because of the constant bombardment of daily statistics.  We now may basically comment 'Oh, a better day today as less deaths" and then go about our business, dismissing the human tragedies.  Perhaps an inbuilt coping mechanism and because it is not a direct threat and impact from the death of a loved one. 

As a previous front line emergency response worker in a former life, I know the familiar feeling of facing tragedy head on and the fall-out it causes.  It's horrific and traumatic.  Being turned away because of a lack of beds would cause unbelievable inner torment and trauma for those making the calls to say "no".  That stuff will cause nightmares for years.  Truly utterly horrific.  

• Like 2

16 hours ago, internationalism said:

thai sanhga gave pali name to this illness - covido.

Monks were ordered to pray every day, the government asked them to do so.

Somehow, it doesn't work, as suppose to. Shame for the monks and the government.

Maybe order monks to do voodoo rituals.

https://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/2021/05/11/govt-asks-temples-to-chant-daily-prayers-to-ward-off-covid-19/

and this one is yet from March 2020, before the first wave started

https://prachatai.com/english/node/8416

the obese monkhood can go to work in the field hospitals - they are immune from danger because they have amulets......

• Thanks 1

People  need to get serious  all over  world if  they want this virus  to  pass. Wearing  a  mask, social distancing,  washing hands often, all  help   as staying home as  much  as  possible.  However,  nothing  is  as  effective  as  prayer.  The  Lord  Jesus  does  hear and  answer prayer.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 2

20 hours ago, Rampant Rabbit said:

He's  busy eyeing up the latest new  Rolex  release , that is when he's not asleep.

That's Prawit AKA General Rolex.  He looks like a toad so your confusion is understandable.

On 7/30/2021 at 8:46 AM, Scrotobike said:

God help them - who do Thais pray to (not being sarcastic I genuinely do not know)

They pray to the Buddha and then they go to fake fortune tellers and pay 100 baht to tell them their luck is about to change and a big win is coming. 

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, bubbaba said:

People  need to get serious  all over  world if  they want this virus  to  pass. Wearing  a  mask, social distancing,  washing hands often, all  help   as staying home as  much  as  possible.  However,  nothing  is  as  effective  as  prayer.  The  Lord  Jesus  does  hear and  answer prayer.

will the LJ help me win the lottery 

God help them - who do Thais pray to (not being sarcastic I genuinely do not know)

Most pray to Buddha and/or their personal Sub-God figure for easy money. Like e.g. winning the lottery or finding a “rich” ignorant Farang husband.

At times, it actually works with can been seen in this forum under “Marriages and Divorce”… ????

• Like 2

2 hours ago, steven100 said:

They pray to the Buddha and then they go to fake fortune tellers and pay 100 baht to tell them their luck is about to change and a big win is coming. 

No. 

Thais usually pray to "sacred things" (sing sak sid)

The only scoffers at prayer are those who have never tried it. It has got me through many of life's challenges. 

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

On 7/30/2021 at 2:54 AM, edwinchester said:

I stand to be corrected but believe the UK classifies as covid-19 related death if within 28 days of a positive test.

I too believe that Thai deaths as classed as from covid are true on an individual basis but what I find hard to believe are the numbers due to under reporting and lack of testing.

We share our distrust of media and politicians.

UK used to be within three months. 

On 7/30/2021 at 8:49 AM, SCOTT FITZGERSLD said:

combination of buddha an jungel spirit

On 7/30/2021 at 8:49 AM, SCOTT FITZGERSLD said:

combination of buddha and jungel spirits

I'm no theologian, but  it is my understanding as a "left footer" (RC) that the Churches doctrine is that if you pray you are demonstrating faith, which is recognised by Almighty God.

Opinions will of course differ as to whether it does any good. It certainly does no harm.

To mock or deny recourse to prayer to people in desperate straits is really cruel - a form of nihilism?

Edited by herfiehandbag
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 7/30/2021 at 8:43 AM, mikebell said:

I thought Prayuth consulted a pet toad for difficult decisions? 

Only if it's an important decision, like what time is it, as the watchman he has all the answers. 

6 hours ago, herfiehandbag said:

I'm no theologian, but  it is my understanding as a "left footer" (RC) that the Churches doctrine is that if you pray you are demonstrating faith, which is recognised by Almighty God.

Opinions will of course differ as to whether it does any good. It certainly does no harm.

To mock or deny recourse to prayer to people in desperate straits is really cruel - a form of nihilism?

I agree but we're not talking about the Church here, there's no nuns and priests, and no rosary beads. 

22 hours ago, bubbaba said:

Seems JC better get a love on while there are still some people to save or what ever he is supposed to do. 

• Like 1