Doctor suggests prayer as she describes the desperate situation at Ban Paew Hospital

webfact

I haven't been following Thailand for a while. Although I lived there for years I am now in Colombia. 

I don't understand the problem. Is it because the Thai people do not want to get vaccinated?

I know in the US, the folks that refused to get vaccinated are having a hard go of it now with the variant.

Before I left my home in the US for Colombia the man next door to me told me it was a conspiracy and he would never get vaccinated.  Two months later he died of complications due to the virus. It devastated his wife and family. After that they went and got vaccinated.

Edited by garyk

7 minutes ago, garyk said:

I haven't been following Thailand for a while. Although I lived there for years I am now in Colombia. 

I don't understand the problem. Is it because the Thai people do not want to get vaccinated?

I know here in the US the folks that refused to get vaccinated are having a hard go of it now with the variant.

no, because thai government wanted to save money and ordered only 3mln doses per month.

At the same time they are sponsoring thai sangha to the tune of 50% of it's budget, some 5bln every single year. But that money do pacyfy population very well, as good, as armaments brandished by soldiers on the streets

Edited by internationalism
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, internationalism said:

no, because thai government wanted to save money and ordered only 3mln doses per month.

At the same time they are sponsoring thai sangha to the tune of 50% of it's budget, some 5bln every single year. But that money do pacyfy population very well

If I understand you correctly, you are saying they do not have the vaccine?  So the government does not want to vaccinate the Thai people?  

Edited by garyk

10 hours ago, Neeranam said:

I agree but we're not talking about the Church here, there's no nuns and priests, and no rosary beads. 

All of which are adjuncts to prayer, not necessary for it.

At it's most fundemental prayer is your communicating with your deity or faith. Perhaps that is what the good doctor is suggesting.

As a left footer I would (do) use rosary beads, and formulaic prayers which are specific to my faith, however they are by no means the only channel.

Edited by herfiehandbag
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

10 hours ago, garyk said:

I know in the US, the folks that refused to get vaccinated are having a hard go of it now with the variant.

Before I left my home in the US for Colombia the man next door to me told me it was a conspiracy and he would never get vaccinated.  Two months later he died of complications due to the virus. It devastated his wife and family. After that they went and got vaccinated.

his conspiracy theory didn't do him much good did it.  He should have used a bit of common sense. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, herfiehandbag said:

All of which are adjuncts to prayer, not necessary for it.

At it's most fundemental prayer is your communicating with your deity or faith. Perhaps that is what the good doctor is suggesting.

As a left footer I would (do) use rosary beads, and formulaic prayers which are specific to my faith, however they are by no means the only channel.

Also the words of a song(No Pope of Rome) sung by Rangers' fans ???? 

On 7/31/2021 at 4:30 AM, steven100 said:

They pray to the Buddha and then they go to fake fortune tellers and pay 100 baht to tell them their luck is about to change and a big win is coming. 

many Thais also worship their head of state as a demi-god.  This has been such a great comfort to many since the pandemic began......