Boy.......Going into a bank is very stressful now..........

redwood1

1 hour ago, redwood1 said:

Thankfully I only go to the Bank once a month to pay my rent.....Most times I am in and out in 5 minutes....

I only go to the bank every few years to replace an expired ATM card.

Surely you could just pay your rent online or from an ATM? It's hardly worth the hassle, especially now. I know what you mean though, I saw a long line outside my nearest bank branch this morning, too.

9 minutes ago, RichardColeman said:

My wife pays our rent every month but ATM transfer, 5 minutes at the ATM outside and done, have no idea why the poster need to actually go into the bank - and you get a slip for evidence too !

Maybe he hasn't got a wife. ????

23 minutes ago, billd766 said:

Do YOU wear spectacles?

If you do, you will understand. If you don't I cannot help you.

BTW thank you for your unwanted and un-needed advice. I have filed it under trash.

I do. Since I was 6 yrs old. In Canada. Glasses fogged all the time. Never thought of it as an issue. Always an easy way to deal with it. You are making something out of abslutely nothing.

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

Just as the US military made direct deposit mandatory back in the mid-1980's, I'm guessing before long banks will make it mandatory to use apps/personal computers/auto transfers for routine transactions.  It's easier for the customer, it's less expensive for the banks, and it's easier on the environment.

I was marooned in the US for 13 months due to covid......I saw one person using personal checks in a grocery store.  It may not be time for the traditional bank to go the way of the dinosaur.......but I think we're approaching that time faster than many people think.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, kokesaat said:

I saw one person using personal checks in a grocery store.

What's a "check"? 555 <--- not having a go at the different spelling we use BTW

I think the last time I wrote a cheque was in 1981.

• Sad 1

I agree that going to the bank is becoming a bit more challenging  and time consuming.  Normally I use BBLs main branch (333 Silom) but while it’s open, the cap the number of people allowed inside.. same for KBank (i use the Paragon Branch which is closed)

I will say that my experience so far has been that then staff at the branches that ARE still open have been good about it.. they’re trying to do what can be done.. but there’s no a lot to do when the customer count exceeds the capacity cap. 

1 hour ago, Mickeymaus said:

"I had  my nose outside my mask to breath fresh air so I did not get hot.....But a bank employee scolded me for not wearing the mask correctly......" 

Do you really think that this will change your body temperature? The employee did a great job because by not using the mask correctly you put others at risk. But obviously you were not worried about THIS. 

Mine wanted me to take off the mask so she could see if it was me, been going in there every month for 7 years, I refused. Went yesterday and today but too crowded. Can't mange without some cash.

2 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

I know other foreigners who don't have (applied for) internet access.

One guy paying his 3BB internet at the shop, driving to water works, driving to PEA.

If you have too much time at hand...

I write letters to my UK banks.

Too far to visit in person.

2 hours ago, redwood1 said:

I guess I could but I have always just paid the rent in cash....

Now might be a time to change that habit.

1 hour ago, Bruno123 said:

In the bank, remove your glasses and adjust the distance of whatever you are doing so that you can see. Further or closer usually does it.

There is always a solution if you choose to not wear blinkers.

I am long-sighted, so taking my glasses off would not work, however:

1 hour ago, billd766 said:

Do YOU wear spectacles?

BTW thank you for your unwanted and un-needed advice. I have filed it under trash.

A decent mask, and I'm sure you've found a source by now, has a pliable strip which covers the nose and prevents the air you're breathing out from steaming up your glasses. If it doesn't do this, you're either wearing it incorrectly, or you need a different type of mask.

2 minutes ago, clivebaxter said:

Mine wanted me to take off the mask so she could see if it was me, been going in there every month for 7 years, I refused. Went yesterday and today but too crowded. Can't mange without some cash.

ATM?

Unfortunately for older people, (of which I am myself, at 64), the days of face-to-face services are long gone, or going rapidly. I am glad that I have long since adapted to remote or online activity, and it's something we will have to become proficient in to carry out common or garden activities.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, sharecropper said:

I had the misfortune of visiting Jomtien Beach SCB at lunchtime today and was greeted by this sight. It took me over half an hour just to get into the bank to do an international transfer...

30-7-2021.jpg

i saw it even worse on Theprasit branch  and  further same thing on Bangkok bank , so  guess it shall be a general thing all over town..., at least many chairs on Beach SCB

Edited by david555
  • Like 1

Well then he needs to arrange internet banking, people procrastinate because they don't want to do something or just plain can't be bothered, either way they shouldn't be complaining if they don't help themselves.

54 minutes ago, clivebaxter said:

If I withdraw money I always take my passport with me and I am allways asked to show my face without mask for a second so that it can be compared with the photo in the passport. If you refuse this I understand that you did not receive any money. And I am happy that they check this. I get angry if I withdraw a big amount and they don't ask for the passport... 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Mickeymaus said:

If I withdraw money I always take my passport with me and I am allways asked to show my face without mask for a second so that it can be compared with the photo in the passport. If you refuse this I understand that you did not receive any money. And I am happy that they check this. I get angry if I withdraw a big amount and they don't ask for the passport... 

Never need a passport at my own branch so did not apply

1 hour ago, Bruno123 said:

Funny that; I am still served by the same woman who told me to remove my mask whilst inside. A week later everyone was wearing one

So, maybe they saw your face and figured - the only way we can get him to put it back on again is if we all do? 

just kidding... substitute me for you in that story... 

2 hours ago, billd766 said:

Do YOU wear spectacles?

In fact I do, and I've been wearing masks for whole day no problem, if you can't afford to get masks that fit properly, that's your problem

when the Thais sneer at farang wearing masks under their nose, it's people like you giving the rest a bad name and atttitude

• Like 1
  • Sad 1