Boy.......Going into a bank is very stressful now..........

redwood1

11 minutes ago, keithcresswell said:

There are situations when you have no choice but to go into a bank. Such as having to get a letter for Immigration because they refuse to accept your bank book.

A bankbook that was updated where exactly...?

On 7/30/2021 at 12:42 PM, BritManToo said:

do a bank transfer on your phone app?

With respect, only if you have a smartphone and the landlord has a bank account. My landlord here in Cambodia only accepts CASH, so I have to go to the bank and withdraw the rent money like "Redwood1" I do not own or use a smartphone due to finger disabilities. Fortunately for me, no queuing outside my bank as plenty of socially distanced seating inside. Hand wash, temperature and facemask mandatory. I have to sign a register as QR code irrelevant for me. My bank offers personal internet banking via a computer - ideal for me!

Edited by Burma Bill
additional information
  • Like 2

Don’t those probes read internal temp only? Ran to the pub a while back sweating like a pig, skin temp clearly high, internal temp normal. ‘Carry on, sir’. 

But In this day and given the current tenuous climate, what ever are you doing mincing about in F banks for such a menial/trivial task? I wonder how some of you fellas found the airport. ????

You. Are. Worried. That. Breathing. Through. A. Mask. Increases. Your. Body. Temperature.

Rofl, that's my personal pinacle of the mask discussion idiocy. ????????????

Man, and I thought I don't have my marbles in place sometimes. Honestly though, experiencing the verbal and written excrements of some people during this pandemic is slowly convincing me that my marbles are just fine. ????????????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Well to get a bank-letter you go to the bank... but also to update the passbook as immigration require. 

Immigration in Kamphaeng Phet require the bankbook to be updated plus a letter from the bank dated the same day. They also require 2 copies of everything, one for KPP and one for the regional office 5 in Chiang Mai.

• Sad 1

On 7/30/2021 at 7:01 AM, BritManToo said:

I just handed my phone to the banking assistant ...... BKB ....... and TMB.

They handed it back with the apps installed and working.

Is it in English ?

2 minutes ago, Rimmer said:

The immigration dept like the letter to be dated the same day as the book is updated and the same day you apply for an extension.

A letter two or three days old will not be accepted

would be nice if they offered collection service so it could just be collected on the day with no need to actually enter the bank

• Like 2

On 7/31/2021 at 10:42 AM, TunnelRat69 said:

Ever heard the term "No Money, No Honey??"  well the bank says "No Info, No Money"

I haven't walked into a bank to withdrawal money since I opened my account 3 years ago, why would I start now? Ever hear of an ATM? 555