Thailand reports 18,027 new COVID-19 cases, 133 deaths

Jonathan Fairfield

They already blew their first shot an effective vaccine campaign. Hopefully they get it right soon. But where they cannot continue to fail is the economic devastation this is causing. Many Thai's who once had a livable wage now can't work and are sleeping in tin shacks and surviving off food donations. This is a tragic outcome the country needs to simultaneously overcome.

35 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Think your use of 'Pseudo' very appropriate.

Just coincidentally currently watching Thai news channel. 

They made a camera ride along Sukhumvit rd Asoke area.

LOT of folk out today.

i've been walking twice daily on sukhumvit btwn soi 11 and 22.  long story but i have a room on each soi right now.  gives me something to do, i wish i could say one was like a country club/spa (but no !!).  it seems totally dead to me.  i've only been out of ASQ for two weeks.  i was here for the lockdown last year (walking the same stretch of road) and this seems ALOT more quiet than last year.   at least half, probably more, of the 7-11 and family marts are shutdown.  they weren't last year until after the lockdown/dearth of tourists finally got them.  not trying to be argumentative, just giving a data point.  i'm out there btwn 9-10a and 5-6pm. 

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, anchadian said:

The new registration site for foreigners looks like it just crashed.

Insert any email address you wish:

The above error occurred while the Web server was processing your request.

Please contact us if you think this is a server error. Thank you.

I tried it shortly after you posted this, was able to make a category selection, enter my email address, and then get a confirmation message from their system saying an email had been sent to me... YMMV...

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, buick said:

i've been walking twice daily on sukhumvit btwn soi 11 and 22.  long story but i have a room on each soi right now.  gives me something to do, i wish i could say one was like a country club/spa (but no !!).  it seems totally dead to me.  i've only been out of ASQ for two weeks.  i was here for the lockdown last year (walking the same stretch of road) and this seems ALOT more quiet than last year.   at least half, probably more, of the 7-11 and family marts are shutdown.  they weren't last year until after the lockdown/dearth of tourists finally got them.  not trying to be argumentative, just giving a data point.  i'm out there btwn 9-10a and 5-6pm. 

Do you have to do two TM30's??

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

I tried it shortly after you posted this, was able to make a category selection, enter my email address, and then get a confirmation message from their system saying an email had been sent to me... YMMV...

Issues w/ new vac registration site: no email reply-because of hi demand, email reply may take up to an hour. Pls wait for your email reply. If you register again u may get a reply that says yr email or even address has been taken. We’re increasing reply capacity.

https://twitter.com/SangratTanee/status/1421694887049588736

7 minutes ago, LiamB80 said:

I tested positive for covid in ASQ 8 days ago. Im already recovered from it. I had no vaccine. I’m still waiting to be released though. I believe I caught it on the flights over. The planes were packed and so were the airports. It’s not a death sentence like the media tries to make it out to be. You’ll most likely survive it like I did.

If it's not too intrusive, could you outline your experience re symptoms. 

Also if indeed you did acquire it on flight, how many days later did you notice symptoms or was it picked up in routine test. 

Assume your not vaccinated.

Edited by DrJack54

15 minutes ago, nauseus said:

Do you have to do two TM30's??

going to immigration on tuesday.  i'll be presenting the one for the soi 22 room, i got a printout from some computer syste to bring along from the apt mgr.   i assume the owner of the soi 11 room has filed one also.  might make for an interesting discussion.  i'm doing the change visa, exempt to non-O, not sure how they view the dreaded TM30 !!!  maybe i'll be fined for having two. 

4 minutes ago, dinsdale said:

Have you noticed that there always seems to be a secondary story away from the actual story which is people getting infected and dying from covid. Many posts now are about the vaccination site. 

Isn’t that normal ?

How many times can you post the numbers, put them into a chart/graph, break them down into another chart/graph, 

It’s inevitable there will be spin offs on a subject of this nature. 

3 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

Isn’t that normal ?

How many times can you post the numbers, put them into a chart/graph, break them down into another chart/graph, 

It’s inevitable there will be spin offs on a subject of this nature. 

Fair enough. I think it's important enough for a seperate story and not tacked on to the main article.

32 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Did you get to enter more than email eg.pport info? 

21 minutes ago, LiamB80 said:

I tested positive for covid in ASQ 8 days ago. Im already recovered from it. I had no vaccine. I’m still waiting to be released though. I believe I caught it on the flights over. The planes were packed and so were the airports. It’s not a death sentence like the media tries to make it out to be. You’ll most likely survive it like I did.

You can visit 4000000 casualty's grave and tell there your fact! And also can say I FEEL GREAT!

Shame on you!

• Like 2
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 2

26 minutes ago, LiamB80 said:

It's not a death sentence for those who don't die. Fantastic. Good luck with the Long Covid side effects.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 2

39 minutes ago, LiamB80 said:

It's been a death sentence for 4,233,121 people so far out of coming up to 200,000,000 cases. Some people have no symptoms, some people have mild symptoms, some people have severe symptoms, some people need intubation and some people die. Then there's long covid. Apart from that I have never seen any media anywhere make covid out to be a death sentence. If you know of such an article please share it.

You also say you were in ASQ so is it fair to assume you have been double vaccinated and then tested positive?

Edited by dinsdale
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 2

12 minutes ago, Olmate said:

Did you get to enter more than email eg.pport info? 

The opening screen only asked to enter an email address to register under.

Then, then send you an email with an individual weblink for entering in the person's specific details under that ID.

National Vaccination Rollout:

DAY 48: 128,026 <— Saturday

DAY 49: 90,934 <— Sunday

DAY 50: 138,892 <— holiday

DAY 51: 327,389

DAY 52: 164,270 <— holiday

DAY 53: 420,148

DAY 54: 480,155 <—NEW HIGH

DAY 55: 194,342 <— Saturday

TOTAL: 13,585,453 doses

https://twitter.com/ThaiNewsReports/status/1421709464516784133

• Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

He never said people don’t die from it.

He said ‘ It’s not a death sentence like the media tries to make it out to be. You’ll most likely survive it like I did.’………..which is factually correct. 

It’s good to have some real life positive news and feedback sometimes. 

Yes i enjoy life also. I just take txt the way somebody spit on others grave. Everybody knows fact's of covid already! End of story. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

2 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

Notice that you did not post the graph showing that deaths have actually gone up since they started using sinvac ! Deaths gone up from less than 50 to over a hundred a day since started using it, Should post ALL the data that that which suits ! Deaths matter - not infections. Clearly it seems Sinovac is not helping reduce deaths - my guess is the lockdown is helping more than Sinovac

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

3 hours ago, anchadian said:

NEW HIGH: Chonburi Public Health Office has just announced they have 1,147  new cases and 1 more death. Most new cases are in Chonburi City (272), Bang Lamung/Pattaya (279), and Si Racha (237). 12,523 patients are in care #COVID19 #โควิดวันนี้ #Thailand

https://twitter.com/ThaiNewsReports/status/1421620604726243329

Further details:

https://thepattayanews.com/2021/08/01/chonburi-announces-record-breaking-high-of-1147-covid-19-cases-with-one-new-death/

fyi, it looks like the latest government plan for distribution of the U.S. donated 1.5 million Pfizer vaccine doses is bringing the share of those allocated for foreign nationals even BELOW the prior planned 150,000 / 10% set aside amount.

Originally, the MoPH plan envisioned 150,000 doses specifically for foreign nationals, and another 45,000 doses (presumably mostly or entirely for Thais) who need to be vaccinated before traveling abroad such as students and diplomats. Now, today's latest version of the allocation plan combines those two categories into a single shared 150,000 dose allocation.

They've also increased the number of doses for medical staff from 500,000 to 700,000 doses to be given as a single third shot booster dose.

And decreased the number for elderly Thais, those with chronic conditions and pregnant women from 800,000 to 645,000 doses.

Here was their prior plan for the Pfizer doses, with the second column showing the number of allocated doses and the third column showing the number of people to be served.

294740460_PfizerDoseAllocation.jpg.6fd02c32593efd0c64d453cac1f48b06.jpg

Here's the latest plan posted today:

937062396_2021-08-01Pfizerallocation.thumb.jpg.ca737959de2a40a4ee4f49b77cd74d48.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/thaimoph/posts/367868151489761

So, it would appear, whatever chance most foreign nationals might have had before for getting any of those Pfizer doses is now getting even slimmer.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK
  • Thanks 2