Most deaths in Bangkok (61)

Deaths reported in 25 provinces

48% died within 6 days of diagnosis

3 died in their homes

https://twitter.com/ThaiNewsReports/status/1421715481237409797

• Sad 2
  • Thanks 2

16 minutes ago, RichardColeman said:

Notice that you did not post the graph showing that deaths have actually gone up since they started using sinvac ! Deaths gone up from less than 50 to over a hundred a day since started using it, Should post ALL the data that that which suits ! Deaths matter - not infections. Clearly it seems Sinovac is not helping reduce deaths - my guess is the lockdown is helping more than Sinovac

With a small percentage of the population having received a vaccine and the virus spreading like wild fire it would it only be significant if those dying were heavily represented despite receiving Sinovac ?

Are such statistics being  made public ?

3 minutes ago, anchadian said:

Today there were 133 deaths in #Thailand

78 males & 55 females

4 foreigners died

Median age is 67 (5-96 years)

Most deaths in Bangkok (61)

Deaths reported in 25 provinces

48% died within 6 days of diagnosis

3 died in their homes

https://twitter.com/ThaiNewsReports/status/1421715481237409797

Now we've got a 5-year-old with lymphoma among the COVID deaths...

That's gotta be among the youngest among Thailand's COVID deaths thus far.

4 minutes ago, LiamB80 said:

The first symptoms I experienced was a headache and body aches followed by a high temp of 38. These were the initial symptoms. The fever only lasted about 36 hours but the worst was yet to come. I could feel it making its way down into my lungs. From my head to my nose and mouth where I lost my smell and taste to my throat and eventually felt it take hold in my lungs. This was the worst I felt and it lasted about 2 days. I was a little delirious and had an elevated heart beat. My oxygen never went below 97%. I was mostly in bed the entire time and it was quiet nerve wracking. The situation of being quarantined doesn’t help and only makes the anxiety worse. I can’t point to anything that made it better, I just woke up in the morning and could tell it was going away. A few days after that and I feel much better. Just to be clear I was never vaccinated. I tested positive on the 1st pcr test the day after I arrived. I had a negative pcr test in my home country and felt the first symptoms about 72 hours later. I believe the onset in my case was very quick.

A few people have quoted me and are being negative so if they’re reading this just know I won’t respond to you. The last thing I want to do is get in some bickering back and forth argument. 

Good news. Thanks for the positive feedback. Great to hear you made a full recovery. 

• Like 2

Phetchabun figure still doesn't reflect those 3,000+ infected workers at the chicken plant.

Each province's daily domestic COVID-19 cases update in Thailand on Sunday

Total: 18,025

https://twitter.com/NBTWORLDNews/status/1421719614917013504

ImageImageImage Image

Edited by anchadian
  • Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, anchadian said:

Phetchabun figure still doesn't reflect those 3,000+ infected workers at the chicken plant.

Each province's daily domestic COVID-19 cases update in Thailand on Sunday

Total: 18,025

https://twitter.com/NBTWORLDNews/status/1421719614917013504

Once again the figures for Chiang Mai, Thailands 2nd most populous region are laughable. Sleepy Nan has consistently reported more

2 minutes ago, RayOday said:

The masters of virology in the Ministry of Health ???? had stated they didn't foresee that the virus would mutate. Therefore, the Deputy PM ☠️ didn't buy sufficient doses of the vaccine after the advice slowly passed through his craven rationalizations.

How can any sane person believe these puppets? I say to the medical team stating that they didn't foresee mutations, you either lied or missed Virology 101 class.

A short refresher - pay attention Deputy PM ☠️  ( we are not stupid):

1) When a Corona virus infects it replicates in each person up to a billion times. Some of virus infects in its current form others mutate. Some mutations are unsuccessful while others become more virulent, or efficient, in its efforts to replicate. Remember the virus has the goal of infecting and replicating. It is a pure mission, no lies or cover-ups. That is why it is successful here. It is more efficient than your process.

2) Science cancelled because of national security ????.

Permit me to clear up the cancellation.

I will skip the Baltimore Classification System of Viruses and go right to the Basic Reproduction number.

The Delta variant is a highly contagious variant of Alpha.

"In epidemiology, the basic reproduction number, or basic reproductive number (sometimes called basic reproduction ratio or incorrectly[26] basic reproductive rate), denoted R0 of an infection is the expected number of cases directly generated by one case in a population where all individuals are susceptible to infection. The definition assumes that no other individuals are infected or immunized.

The common cold, a coronavirus, has a value of R=2-3. The most virulent viruses such as measles has an R value of R=12-18. We currently know the Ancestral virus is R=2.9, the Alpha variant R=4-5, Gamma variant is R=3.95, and the Delta variant is R=5-9.5.

(See Wikipedia: Basic Reproduction Number)

image.png.520008749e13e0b34073310601244217.png 

For further comparison Ebola is R=1.8, Seasonal influenza is R=1.3-1.6

DPM - Do you understand the levered implications of the lie to coverup interests that are not scientific and not in the best interest of the people you serve?

Professional Health Ministry Officials - Don't lie. Resign if necessary. If you truly do not understand Virology 101 may I suggest you spend today on YouTube. You want to watch many of the basic and intermediate videos on virology. Start with the Medcram series. Start with the video: "Coronavirus Update 127: Delta Variant and Vaccines". Once you have completed this homework, I will provide links to the daily updates in groundbreaking science journals around the world. No charge for my services. You are on the right track just stop paying lip service to politicians. When you tell even a small lie, you lose our confidence. Thanks for what you are currently doing. Now do it MUCH faster.

"Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing." John Stuart Mill

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SheungWan said:

Point 5 is just being silly. Cheaper booze leads to private parties. 

Private parties leads to private parties, its a people thing, unless you believe in the nanny state where people need controlling (CCP?)

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

From the total number of confirmed cases that were found in the past 24 hours:

- 15,137 were found via walk-in tests at medical facilities

- 2,888 via proactive tests at known clusters

- 2 imported cases

#โควิด19 #โควิด19วันนี้ #Thailand #Covid19

https://twitter.com/ThaiEnquirer/status/1421724017061351431

• Thanks 2

It may be the people who do not conform yet who is responsible for decades of lagging education? The powers that be could instruct more concretely rather than blame the masses for their lack of responsibility. Blaming never accomplishes anything. Taking responsibility matters. Freak accidents happen but that is not commonplace. There is no freak accident here to blame. All knew what was coming and the ability of the populace to understand. Shepard the masses, do not blame them. 

Have you been on the streets? I saw yesterday in a one block walk 30 people with only 3 wearing masks. That is right, only 3. Where is the enforcement and guidance? I have yet to see  more than a few policemen out guiding and educating the public. I guess they are not there for that role. sad but you get what you inspect. Simple

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Thankyou so much for detailed report.

" I could feel it making its way down into my lungs."

That extract above must have been quite scary.

Good to hear your feeling better. 

Good for you. Godspeed

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, buick said:

i've been walking twice daily on sukhumvit btwn soi 11 and 22.  long story but i have a room on each soi right now.  gives me something to do, i wish i could say one was like a country club/spa (but no !!).  it seems totally dead to me.  i've only been out of ASQ for two weeks.  i was here for the lockdown last year (walking the same stretch of road) and this seems ALOT more quiet than last year.   at least half, probably more, of the 7-11 and family marts are shutdown.  they weren't last year until after the lockdown/dearth of tourists finally got them.  not trying to be argumentative, just giving a data point.  i'm out there btwn 9-10a and 5-6pm. 

Whats the lady situation along that stretch there these days? Could one still find company easily enough in Bangkok these days?

1 hour ago, buick said:

going to immigration on tuesday.  i'll be presenting the one for the soi 22 room, i got a printout from some computer syste to bring along from the apt mgr.   i assume the owner of the soi 11 room has filed one also.  might make for an interesting discussion.  i'm doing the change visa, exempt to non-O, not sure how they view the dreaded TM30 !!!  maybe i'll be fined for having two. 

Good luck then.

Not easy for a Thai to enter Phuket from 03 August:

From Aug. 3, the only legal way for a fully vaccinated Thai who lives in Thailand to enter Phuket or Phang Nga is to fly to another country, spend several weeks there (incl. quarantine in some), then apply via a Thai embassy to return through Phuket sandbox

https://twitter.com/DavidLuekens/status/1421731670760169475

2 hours ago, LiamB80 said:

I tested positive for covid in ASQ 8 days ago. Im already recovered from it. I had no vaccine. I’m still waiting to be released though. I believe I caught it on the flights over. The planes were packed and so were the airports. It’s not a death sentence like the media tries to make it out to be. You’ll most likely survive it like I did.

Or you had a false positive.

Thailand's Vaccine Tracker (Aug. 1, 2021) About 5.89% of the population is fully vaccinated. 13,802,916 (+162,737) people have received the first dose, while 3,883,058 (+31,605) have been fully inoculated. #วัคซีนโควิด19 #COVID19 #ล็อกดาวน์ #KE

https://twitter.com/KhaosodEnglish/status/1421735039771975684

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, RayOday said:

The masters of virology in the Ministry of Health ???? had stated they didn't foresee that the virus would mutate.

hat was also the position of others including two Yale University virologists in the NY Times and Dr. Brown of WHO/Bangkok who stated 24 JULKY BP that they didn't anticipate the rapid mutation of the virus.

Also July 28, 2020

The study also suggests that coronaviruses with these anomalous spikes are no more prevalent than those with other genetic backgrounds, said Christopher Barnes, a structural biologist who is collaborating with the study team on new work. And real coronaviruses carry proofreading machinery that makes their replication process less error-prone.

“You can get these mutations,” Dr. Barnes said. “But I don’t think these mutations are going to be driving events that we have to worry about.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/07/28/health/coronavirus-mutation-spike-treatment.html

Also JULY 31, 2020

Among the viruses that have become endemic in humans, some have also figured out ways to dodge the adaptive immune system: H.I.V.-1 mutates rapidly; herpes viruses deploy proteins that can trap and incapacitate antibodies.

Thankfully, SARS-CoV-2 does not seem to have evolved any such tricks yet — suggesting that we still have an opportunity to stem its spread and the pandemic by pursuing a relatively straightforward vaccine approach.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/07/31/opinion/coronavirus-antibodies-immunity.html

Edited by jerrymahoney
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Ninafarm said:

Yesterday traffic was very busy in Pattaya and Foodland at mid day was plugged.

With the possibly/maybe/could be/likelihood of a complete lock-down that's no surprise.

Gradually those who should know better will realise that catching a tiger by its tail can have serious adverse consequences.

It's no surprise that those who can see it coming, and have the funds, are stocking up in readiness.

Sadly, there are so many who can't even get through the day.

https://www.dictionary.com/browse/tiger-by-the-tail

1 hour ago, dinsdale said:

I tested positive for covid in ASQ 8 days ago. Im already recovered from it. I had no vaccine. I’m still waiting to be released though. I believe I caught it on the flights over. The planes were packed and so were the airports. It’s not a death sentence like the media tries to make it out to be. You’ll most likely survive it like I did.

@LiamB80Sorry got the bit about vaccination wrong. I thought people had to be vaccinated to get in. I am obviously wrong. I will reiterate, however, that the media doesn't make this out to be a death sentence. Death of course is a possible outcome and yes most survive with no real problem but a lot don't. "Most likely" as you say for me is absolutely no guarantee because quite frankly there seems to be 0% guarantee with anything to do with this variant. 

1 hour ago, anchadian said:

Bangkok - 2,899

Samut Sakhon - 1,259

Chonburi - 1,147

Samut Prakan - 1,113

BKK no possible way. 10X the population at a guess of each of the other 3 provinces. Absolutely cannot be true. I'm sorry but nobody in their right mind can accept this figure for BKK.

• Like 2